Overview about the HPE JG446A
The JG446A HPE MSR 4-Port FXS HMIM Module is an important module for the HPE MSR router series. This module provides a four-port Foreign Exchange Station (FXS) interface, which allows the router to connect to analog devices such as telephones and fax machines. The module is designed to be easy to install and use, making it a popular choice for businesses that need to connect their analog devices to their network.
In this article, we will provide a detailed explanation of the JG446A HPE MSR 4-Port FXS HMIM Module, including its features, benefits, and how to install it.
Features of HPE MSR HMIM Module
The JG446A HPE MSR 4-Port FXS HMIM Module has several key features that make it an excellent choice for businesses. These features include:
- Four-Port FXS Interface - This module provides four FXS interfaces, which allow analog devices to be connected to the network. These interfaces can be used to connect telephones, fax machines, and other analog devices.
- High-Quality Voice - The JG446A HPE MSR 4-Port FXS HMIM Module uses advanced voice technology to ensure that voice quality is high. This ensures that calls are clear and easy to understand.
- Easy to Install - The module is designed to be easy to install, with a simple plug-and-play interface. This means that businesses can get up and running quickly, without the need for complex installation procedures.
- Supports Multiple Protocols - The module supports multiple protocols, including H.323, SIP, and MGCP. This makes it easy to integrate with other devices and systems.
- High-Performance - The JG446A HPE MSR 4-Port FXS HMIM Module is designed to deliver high performance, with low latency and fast data transfer rates. This ensures that businesses can rely on the module for their critical communication needs.
Benefits of 4-Port FXS HMIM Module
The JG446A HPE MSR 4-Port FXS HMIM Module offers several benefits to businesses, including:
- Cost-Effective - The module is a cost-effective solution for businesses that need to connect their analog devices to their network. This is because it eliminates the need for expensive dedicated analog lines, which can be costly to install and maintain.
- Improved Productivity - The JG446A HPE MSR 4-Port FXS HMIM Module allows businesses to integrate their analog devices into their network, which can improve productivity. This is because it allows employees to use their analog devices from their computer, which can save time and reduce errors.
- Scalability - The module is highly scalable, which means that businesses can easily add more ports as their needs grow. This makes it an excellent choice for businesses that are looking for a flexible and scalable solution.
- Reduced Downtime - The JG446A HPE MSR 4-Port FXS HMIM Module is designed to deliver high performance and reliability. This means that businesses can rely on it for their critical communication needs, which can reduce downtime and improve customer satisfaction.
General Information about the HPE JG446A
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Part Number or SKU# JG446A
- Device Type : Voice Interface Card
- Form Factor : Internal
- Connectivity Technology : Wired
- Bus : Half Height Multi-function Interface Module
About Refurbished Products
Networking – Router Module
Network equipment is very useful in the combination, switching, splitting, boosting, and direction of packets of data together with a computer network.
The equipment is essential in connection with devices and allows them to distribute information. Design or network structure is established through the topography or layout of the devices connected.
Common network topologies are the tree, hybrid, mesh, bus, star, and ring networks.
The definition of network equipment can be done through various different criteria such as protocol, device type, and interface type. A wide array of products is available including routers, bridges, transceivers, hubs, gateways, and switches.
Choosing Network Equipment
When selecting network equipment, there are a couple of factors that you need to review. Factors such as processor type, computer memory, and speed also need to be taken into consideration. Form factors you need to consider are cards, boards, chips, and enclosed or standalone modules.
On performance specifications, you need to look at the number of users, data rates, number of all concurrent connections that can be supported by every device, and operating temperature.
AllHDD offers you a wide selection of Expansion and Miscellaneous modules, so check our catalog for new or refurbished options.
Expansion modules offer extra tape drive capacity and cartridge storage. Under the Base Module, you can have up to 14 Expansion Modules installed. Bear in mind that 14 Expansion Modules support needs level 12 hardware and 3.00 firmware or more. Level 11 hardware and below can only cater for 9 Expansion Modules.
All the Expansion Modules can have up to two power supplies and two drives. They are however shipped without installed power supplies. The module only needs a power supply after a tape drive is installed in it. If a tape drive is not installed, the power offered via the USB cable connecting to the Base Module can be used to operate the Expansion Module.
Installing a drive in the Expansion Module requires you to also install one or more power supplies. It is possible for a second power supply to be added for redundancy. One supply can however supply two drives with power.
Every Expansion Module needs 2U rack space. Each Expansion Module is connected to the Base Module via a type-A USB connector. The Expansion Module package includes the following:
- Module controller
- Left and right tape magazines (15 – slot)
- Identification labels
- Mounting hardware for securing the module to the rack.
A router is the central device of your home network. You can plug one end of the network cable into it. The other end is then connected to networking devices having network ports. If you desire to have extra network devices to your router, more cables are required and more router ports.
The ports, on both ends of the devices and the router, are referred to as Local Area Network (LAN) ports (there are 1 port, 2 port, or 4 port options). They can also be called Ethernet ports or RJ45 ports.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.