Switch Operating System
A switch operating system (OS) is the software that controls the functioning of a network switch. It is responsible for managing the flow of data between connected devices, providing network security, and enabling network management and configuration.
The HPE JL662A#ABA Aruba 6300M switch uses the ArubaOS-Switch operating system. This OS provides a comprehensive suite of features and functions to manage and secure the switch, including:
- Network Management: The ArubaOS-Switch OS provides an easy-to-use graphical user interface (GUI) and a command-line interface (CLI) for network management and configuration.
- Advanced Security: The OS includes features such as Access Control Lists (ACLs), Network Address Translation (NAT), and Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN) support to secure the network.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The ArubaOS-Switch OS supports Quality of Service (QoS) for traffic prioritization, ensuring that critical applications receive the bandwidth they need.
- Link Aggregation: The OS supports link aggregation, which allows multiple physical ports to be combined into a single virtual link, providing increased bandwidth and redundancy.
- Troubleshooting and Monitoring: The OS provides tools and features for troubleshooting and monitoring network performance, including error logging and system alerts.
In conclusion, the ArubaOS-Switch operating system provides a comprehensive and flexible solution for managing and securing the HPE JL662A#ABA Aruba 6300M switch. Its user-friendly interface and advanced features make it a powerful tool for network administrators and engineers.
Port Configuration and Scalability
Port Configuration and Scalability refers to the number of physical Ethernet ports and the ability of a switch to handle the growth of a network.
The HPE JL662A#ABA Aruba 6300M switch has 24 Gigabit Ethernet ports, with 4 of those ports being SFP56 ports for fiber optic connections. This configuration provides a combination of copper and fiber connectivity options, allowing for greater flexibility in network deployment.
In terms of scalability, the HPE JL662A#ABA Aruba 6300M switch can be used in a stack configuration, which allows multiple switches to be connected and managed as a single entity. This can be useful for expanding the number of available ports or increasing the switching capacity of the network as it grows. The switch also supports link aggregation, which allows multiple physical ports to be combined into a single virtual link, providing increased bandwidth and redundancy.
Data Transmission Speeds
Data Transmission Speeds refer to the rate at which data is transmitted over a network. In the context of the HPE JL662A#ABA Aruba 6300M switch, this refers to the speed at which the switch can handle and transmit data over its Gigabit Ethernet ports.
All 24 Gigabit Ethernet ports on the HPE JL662A#ABA Aruba 6300M switch support data transmission speeds of up to 1 Gbps. This means that the switch can handle large amounts of data traffic and support high-speed network connections. The 4 SFP56 ports on the switch can also support high-speed data transmission, with speeds of up to 56 Gbps. This makes the HPE JL662A#ABA Aruba 6300M switch suitable for use in demanding network environments, such as those that require high-speed data transfer or large amounts of video and multimedia traffic.
In conclusion, the HPE JL662A#ABA Aruba 6300M switch provides fast data transmission speeds, making it suitable for use in a variety of network environments and applications. The combination of Gigabit Ethernet and SFP56 ports provides a flexible and scalable solution for network deployments that require high-speed data transfer.
General Information about this HPE JL662A#ABA
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Part Number or SKU# JL662A#ABA
- Device Type: Switch-24 Ports -L3 -Managed-Stackable
Technical Information of HPE 24 Ports Switch
- Enclosure Type: Rack-Mountable 1U
- Sub type: Gigabit Ethernet
- Ports: 24 X 10/100/1000 (PoE+) + 4 X 1 Gigabit / 10 Gigabit / 25 Gigabit / 50 Gigabit Sfp56 (uplink / Stacking)
- Power Over Ethernet (poe) : PoE+
- Poe Budget: 720 W
- Performance: 448 Gbps Switching Capacity Flow rate: 334 Mpps 2.28 Ms (1 GBPS) of latency The latency at 10 GBPS is 1.46 s, while at 25 GBPS, it is 1.9 s. 3.49 s (50 Gbps) of latency 200 Gbps Stacking Bandwidth
- 1000 Switched Virtual Interfaces (svis) in terms of capacity 32000 Ipv4 Host Tables Available 32000 Ipv6 Host Tables Available 64000 Ipv4 Routes (Unicast) Routes via IPv6 (unicast): 32000 Routes on IPv4 (multicast): 8000 Routes on IPv6 (multicast): 8000 8000 Igmp Groups 4000 Mld Groups 5000 Ipv4 Acl Entries (Ingress) 1250 Ipv6 Acl Entries (ingress) 5000 Mac Acl Entries (Ingress) 2000 Ipv4 Acl Entries (egress) egress Ipv6 Acl Entries: 500 2000 Mac Acl Entries (Egress)
- Mac Address Table Size : 32000 Entries
- Jumbo Frame Support : 9198 Bytes
- Routing Protocol : Egp, Bgp-4, Igmpv2, Igmp, Vrrp, Ospfv2, Igmpv3, Ospfv3, Msdp, Static Ipv6 Routing, Ecmp, Mld, Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (bfd)
- Remote Management Protocol : Rmon, Telnet, Snmp 3, Snmp 2c, Https, Tftp, Ssh, Cli, Xrmon, Sftp
- Authentication Method : Radius, Tacacs+
- • Features: Auto-uplink (auto Mdi/mdi-x), Igmp Snooping, High Availability, Per-vlan Spanning Tree (pvst), Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (mstp), Support for Access Control List (acl), Support for Quality of Service (qos), Support for Jumbo Frames, Mld Snooping, Support for Uni-directional Link Detection (udld), Support for Rapid Per-vlan Spanning
- Compliant Standards : Ieee 802.1d, Ieee 802.1q, Ieee 802.1p, Ieee 802.3af, Ieee 802.3ad (lacp), Ieee 802.1w, Ieee 802.1x, Ieee 802.1s, Ieee 802.1v, Ieee 802.3at, Ieee 802.3bz, Ieee 802.3bt
- Processor : 1 X Arm Cortex-a72: 1.78 Ghz
- Ram : 8 Gb Ddr4 Sdram
- Flash Memory : 32 Gb
Expansion / Connectivity for Rack-Mountable Switch
- 24 X 10/100/1000 Base-t Rj-45 PoE+ 30 W
- 4 X 1gbit/10gbit/25gbit/50gbit SFP56
- 1 X Usb-c Console
- 1 X Management
- 1 X Usb Type A
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.