Powering Connected Devices
Powering connected devices refers to the ability of a network switch to provide electrical power to connected devices, such as cameras, access points, phones, and other devices, over the same Ethernet cable that is used to transfer data. This is known as Power over Ethernet (PoE).
With PoE, devices can be powered without the need for additional power sources or electrical outlets, making it more convenient to deploy devices in areas where power outlets may not be easily accessible. In addition, PoE can simplify network wiring and cabling, reducing the number of cables required and reducing the overall cost of network deployment.
There are two main types of PoE:
- Standard PoE (IEEE 802.3af): Provides a maximum of 15.4 watts of power to devices and is commonly used for low-power devices such as phones, access points, and other low-power devices.
- Enhanced PoE (IEEE 802.3at): Provides up to 30 watts of power and is commonly used for high-power devices such as cameras, high-power access points, and other high-power devices.
When using PoE, it is important to ensure that the network switch is capable of providing enough power for all connected devices and that the devices are PoE-compliant. In addition, the maximum power available from the switch will depend on the number of connected devices and the power requirements of each device.
Advanced Network Functionality
Advanced network functionality refers to the advanced features and capabilities of a network switch that go beyond basic connectivity and data transfer. This can include features such as Quality of Service (QoS), Virtual LANs (VLANs), Link Aggregation (LAG), and others that help to enhance the performance, security, and management of the network.
Some of the common advanced network functionalities include:
- Quality of Service (QoS): Allows administrators to prioritize network traffic and allocate bandwidth based on specific requirements, such as real-time applications or critical business data.
- Virtual LANs (VLANs): Enables the creation of multiple virtual networks on a single physical network, which helps to segment the network and increase security.
- Link Aggregation (LAG): Combines multiple physical network connections into a single logical connection to increase bandwidth and provide redundancy.
- Network Access Control (NAC): Provides security by controlling and monitoring access to the network based on user identity, device type, and other factors.
- IPv6 Support: Allows for the use of the new IPv6 protocol, which provides a larger address space and more efficient routing compared to the previous IPv4 protocol.
- Multicast: Supports the efficient transfer of data to multiple recipients simultaneously, which is useful for applications such as video streaming.
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP): Helps to prevent network loops and ensure there is a single path for data to travel between network devices.
- Port Mirroring: Enables network administrators to monitor network traffic by copying and forwarding packets to a monitoring device.
These advanced functionalities are designed to help organizations optimize their networks for different use cases and requirements, and provide greater flexibility, scalability, and security
Network Connectivity Options
Network connectivity options refer to the different ways in which a network switch can be connected to other devices in the network, including other switches, servers, storage systems, and end-user devices such as computers and phones. The type and number of connectivity options available can impact the performance, scalability, and overall functionality of the network.
Some common network connectivity options include:
- Ethernet ports: The most common type of connectivity option, Ethernet ports provide the physical connection between the switch and other devices in the network. Ethernet ports can vary in speed, with common speeds including 10 Mbps, 100 Mbps, 1 Gbps, and 10 Gbps.
- Fiber optic ports: Fiber optic ports provide a higher-speed connection than Ethernet ports and are commonly used for long-distance connections or for connections between switches in a data center environment. Fiber optic ports can support speeds of 1 Gbps, 10 Gbps, and higher.
- Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) ports: SFP ports are used for both fiber optic and Ethernet connections and are commonly used in switches that need to support both types of connections. SFP ports provide a flexible and scalable solution for connecting different types of devices to the network.
- Modular uplink ports: Modular uplink ports provide the ability to add additional connectivity options to the switch as needed, allowing administrators to upgrade the switch's connectivity as the needs of the network change.
- Console ports: Console ports are used to connect to the switch for management and configuration purposes. Console ports can be used to access the switch's command-line interface or to connect to a graphical user interface for configuration and management.
- USB ports: USB ports can be used to connect to a variety of devices, including flash drives, external hard drives, and other storage devices. USB ports can also be used to connect to the switch for management and configuration purposes.
Having a variety of network connectivity options can make it easier to deploy and manage a network, as well as provide greater flexibility and scalability for different use cases and requirements.
General Information about the HPE JL666A#ABA
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Part Number or SKU# JL666A#ABA
- Product Type: 24 Ports L3 Switch
Technical Information of HPE 24 Ports Switch
- Enclosure Type: Rack-Mountable 1U
- Sub type: Gigabit Ethernet
- Ports: 24 X 10/100/1000 (PoE+) + 4 X 50 Gigabit Ethernet SFP56
- Power Over Ethernet (PoE): PoE+
- Switching Capacity: 448 GBPS Switching Throughput: 334 Mpps 1 GBPS Average Latency (64-byte Packets): 2.28 Μs 10 GBPS Average Latency (64-byte Packets): 1.46 Μs 25 GBPS Average Latency (64-byte Packets): 1.9 Μs 50 GBPS Average Latency (64-byte Packets): 3.49 Μs Stacking Bandwidth: 200 GBPS
- Switched Virtual Interfaces (svis): 1000 Ipv4 Host Table Capacity: 32000 Ipv6 Host Table Capacity: 32000 Ipv4 Routes (unicast): 64000 Ipv6 Routes (unicast): 32000 Ipv4 Routes (multicast): 8000 Ipv6 Routes (multicast): 8000 Igmp Groups: 8000 Mld Groups: 4000 Ipv4 Acl Entries (ingress): 5000 Ipv6 Acl Entries (ingress): 1250 Mac Acl Entries (ingress): 5000 Ipv4 Acl Entries (egress): 2000 Ipv6 Acl Entries (egress): 500 Mac Acl Entries (egress): 2000
- Mac Address Table Size: 32000 Entries
- Jumbo Frame Support: 9198 Bytes
Management & Protocol
- Routing Protocol: Ospf, Bgp-4, Bgp, Igmp, Ospfv2, Pim-dm, Igmpv3, Msdp, Mldv2, Mld, Cidr
- Remote Management Protocol: Snmp 1, Rmon, Telnet, Snmp 3, Snmp 2c, Http, Tftp, Ssh, Xrmon, Sftp
- Encryption Algorithm: Ssl, Fips 140-2
- Authentication Method: Secure Shell (ssh), Radius, Tacacs+
- Dhcp Support, Bootp Support, Arp Support, Vlan Support, Syslog Support, Port Mirroring, Diffserv Support, Ipv6 Support, Sflow, Virtual Route Redundancy Protocol (vrrp) Support, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (mstp) Support, Quality Of Service (qos), Mld Snooping, Trusted Platform Module (tpm), Front To Back Airflow, Uni-directional Link Detection (udld), Deficit Weighted Round Robin (dwrr), Lldp Support, Fan Tray, Snmp Trap, Management Information Base (mib), Virtual Routing And Forwarding (vrf), Multiple Vlan Registration Protocol (mvrp), Neighbor Discovery Protocol (ndp), Class Of Service (cos), Strict Priority (sp), Tagged Vlan, 8mb Packet Buffer, 802.1x Authentication, Type Of Service (tos), Bridge Protocol Data Unit (bpdu), Icmp Router Discovery Protocol (irdp), Virtual Extensible Lan (vxlan), Link Aggregation, Ethernet Virtual Private Network (evpn), Network Timing Protocol (ntp), Lldp-med, Denial Of Service (dos) Protection, Rapid Reconfiguration Of Spanning Tree (rstp), Cisco Discovery Protocol (cdp), Bootstrap Router (bsr) Mechanism
- Ieee 802.1d, Ieee 802.1q, Ieee 802.1p, Ieee 802.3af, Ieee 802.3ad (lacp), Ieee 802.1w, Ieee 802.3ae, Ieee 802.1s, Ieee 802.1t, Ieee 802.1v, Ieee 802.1ab (lldp), Ieee 802.1ak, Ieee 802.3an, Ieee 802.3at, Ieee 802.3ba, Ieee 802.1ax, Itu-t G.8032, Ieee 802.3bj, Ieee 802.3bm, Ieee 802.3by, Ieee 802.3bz, Ieee 802.3bt, Ieee 802.3cc, Itu-t Y.1344, Ieee 802.3cd
- Processor: 1 X Arm Cortex-a72: 1.8 Ghz
- Ram: 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM
- Flash Memory: 32 GB
Expansion Connectivity for HPE Rack-mountable Switch
- 24 X 1000base-t Rj-45 PoE+ 30 W
- 4 X 50gbit Lan SFP56
- 1 X Console (usb) Type C
- 1 X Usb Type A
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.