Intelligent Traffic Management
Intelligent traffic management refers to the use of advanced algorithms and technologies in network switches to optimize the flow of network traffic, improve network performance, and ensure high availability.
The goal of intelligent traffic management is to ensure that network traffic is properly managed, prioritized, and routed to ensure maximum performance and reliability. This can include features such as:
- Quality of Service (QoS): QoS allows network administrators to prioritize different types of network traffic, such as voice and video, to ensure that critical applications receive the necessary bandwidth and network resources.
- Traffic Shaping: Traffic shaping refers to the process of controlling and managing the flow of network traffic to optimize network performance and reduce network congestion.
- Load Balancing: Load balancing refers to the process of distributing network traffic across multiple network devices, such as switches and routers, to ensure that no single device becomes overwhelmed and to improve overall network performance.
- Link Aggregation: Link aggregation refers to the process of combining multiple physical network links into a single logical link, providing increased bandwidth and reliability for network traffic.
By using these and other technologies, network switches can be designed and configured to effectively manage network traffic, ensuring high network performance and reliability. This can improve the overall user experience, enhance network security, and reduce downtime.
Network virtualization is a method of creating virtualized versions of network resources, including network devices, services, and functions. This is done by abstracting the underlying physical network infrastructure, allowing multiple virtual networks to coexist on a shared physical infrastructure.
The goal of network virtualization is to improve the utilization of network resources, increase network flexibility and scalability, and provide a more secure and reliable network environment. With network virtualization, network administrators can create and manage multiple virtual networks on a single physical network, each with its own unique configuration and capabilities. This allows administrators to segment networks and isolate different applications and services, improving security and performance.
There are two main types of network virtualization: hardware-based virtualization and software-based virtualization. Hardware-based virtualization uses specialized hardware, such as switches and routers, to create virtual network environments. Software-based virtualization, on the other hand, uses software to create virtual network environments on existing hardware. Examples of software-based network virtualization include network function virtualization (NFV) and software-defined networking (SDN).
Optimized Power Efficiency
Optimized power efficiency refers to the practice of using the most efficient and cost-effective methods to consume electrical power in a network. In the context of network switches, this means designing and using switches that consume the least amount of power while still providing the necessary performance and functionality.
There are several ways that network switches can be optimized for power efficiency:
- Power over Ethernet (PoE): PoE technology allows switches to provide power to network devices, such as IP phones and wireless access points, through the same cable used for data transmission. This eliminates the need for separate electrical power cables, reducing power consumption and reducing the overall cost of network infrastructure.
- Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE): EEE is a technology that reduces the power consumption of Ethernet networks by allowing switches to enter a low-power mode during periods of low network traffic.
- Dynamic Power Management: Dynamic power management allows switches to adjust their power consumption based on real-time network conditions, reducing power consumption when network traffic is low and increasing it when network traffic is high.
- Smart Switching: Smart switching refers to the use of advanced algorithms and technologies in network switches to optimize power consumption while maintaining high network performance.
By using these and other technologies, network switches can be designed and configured to consume less power while still providing the necessary performance and functionality. This results in lower energy costs and a more sustainable and environmentally-friendly network infrastructure.
General Information about the HPE JL668-61101
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Part Number or SKU# JL668-61101
- Device Type: Switch 24 Ports L3 Managed Stackable
Technical Information of HPE 24 Ports Switch
- Enclosure Type: Rack-Mountable 1U
- Subtype: Gigabit Ethernet
- Ports: 24 X 10/100/1000 + 4 X 1 Gigabit / 10 Gigabit / 25 Gigabit / 50 Gigabit SFP56 (uplink / Stacking)
Performance & Capacity
- Switching Capacity: 496 GBPS Throughput: 369 MPPS Latency (1 GBPS): 2.28 Μs Latency (10 GBPS): 1.46 Μs Latency (25 GBPS): 1.9 Μs Latency (50 GBPS): 3.49 Μs Stacking Bandwidth: 200 GBPS
- Capacity: Switched Virtual Interfaces (svis): 1000 Ipv4 Host Table Capacity: 32000 Ipv6 Host Table Capacity: 32000 Ipv4 Routes (unicast): 64000 Ipv6 Routes (unicast): 32000 Ipv4 Routes (multicast): 8000 Ipv6 Routes (multicast): 8000 Igmp Groups: 8000 Mld Groups: 4000 Ipv4 Acl Entries (ingress): 5000 Ipv6 Acl Entries (ingress): 1250 Mac Acl Entries (ingress): 5000 Ipv4 Acl Entries (egress): 2000 Ipv6 Acl Entries (egress): 500 Mac Acl Entries (egress): 2000
- Mac Address Table Size: 32000 Entries
- Jumbo Frame Support: 9198 Bytes
Management & Protocol
- Routing Protocol: Egp, Bgp-4, Igmpv2, Igmp, Vrrp, Ospfv2, Igmpv3, Ospfv3, Msdp, Static Ipv6 Routing, Ecmp, Mld, Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (bfd)
- Remote Management Protocol: Rmon, Telnet, Snmp 3, Snmp 2c, Https, Tftp, Ssh, Cli, Xrmon, Sftp
- Authentication Method: Secure Shell (ssh), Radius, Tacacs+
- Dhcp Support, Arp Support, Vlan Support, Auto-uplink (auto Mdi/mdi-x), Igmp Snooping, Syslog Support, High Availability, Per-vlan Spanning Tree (pvst), Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (mstp) Support, Access Control List (acl) Support, Quality Of Service (qos), Jumbo Frames Support, Mld Snooping, Uni-directional Link Detection (udld), Rapid Per-vlan Spanning Tree Plus (pvrst+), Deficit Weighted Round Robin (dwrr), Lldp Support, Management Information Base (mib), Dhcp Protection, Dual Firmware Images, Multiple Vlan Registration Protocol (mvrp), Packet Storm Protection, Class Of Service (cos), Strict Priority (sp), Broadcast Storm Protection, Type Of Service (tos), Bridge Protocol Data Unit (bpdu), Virtual Extensible Lan (vxlan), Multicast Storm Protection, Network Timing Protocol (ntp), Ra Guard, Zero-touch Provisioning (ztp), Protocol Independent Multicast (pim), Vlan Tagging, Rapid Reconfiguration Of Spanning Tree (rstp), Ipv4 And Ipv6 Dual Stack, Ip Multicast, Left/front To Back Airflow, Aruba Virtual Switching Framework (vsf), Dynamic Ipv6 Lockdown, Nd Snooping, Unicast Storm Protection, Microsoft Network Load Balancer (nlb)
- Ieee 802.1d, Ieee 802.1q, Ieee 802.1p, Ieee 802.3ad (lacp), Ieee 802.1w, Ieee 802.1x, Ieee 802.3ae, Ieee 802.1s, Ieee 802.1t, Ieee 802.1v, Ieee 802.1ab (lldp), Ieee 802.1ak, Ieee 802.1ax
Memory / Ram / Processor
- Processor: 1 X Arm Cortex-a72: 1.78 Ghz
- Ram: 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM
- Flash Memory: 32 GB
Expansion / Connectivity
- 24 X 10/100/1000 Base-t Rj-45 PoE+
- 4 X 1gbit/10gbit/25gbit/50gbit SFP56
- 1 X Usb-c Console
- 1 X Management
- 1 X Usb Type A
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.