Overview of the JL827A#ABA Switch
The JL827A#ABA HPE FlexNetwork 5140 24 Port PoE+ 4SFP+ EI - Switch is a powerful network switch designed by Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE). This switch is ideal for businesses and organizations that require a robust and reliable network infrastructure.In this article, we will provide a detailed explanation of the JL827A#ABA HPE FlexNetwork 5140 24 Port PoE+ 4SFP+ EI - Switch, its features, and its benefits.
The JL827A#ABA HPE FlexNetwork 5140 24 Port PoE+ 4SFP+ EI - Switch is a high-performance switch that comes with a variety of features that make it an excellent choice for businesses of all sizes. Some of the key features of this switch include:
- 24 Ports: This switch has 24 ports, which makes it an ideal choice for businesses with a large number of devices that need to be connected to the network.
- PoE+ Support: The switch supports PoE+, which means that it can provide power to devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and surveillance cameras without the need for an external power supply.
- SFP+ Uplinks: The switch also comes with 4 SFP+ uplinks, which provide high-speed connectivity to other switches and devices in the network.
- Easy Deployment: The JL827A#ABA HPE FlexNetwork 5140 24 Port PoE+ 4SFP+ EI - Switch is easy to deploy and configure. It comes with a user-friendly interface that makes it easy for network administrators to set up and manage the switch.
- Advanced Security: The switch comes with advanced security features that help to protect the network from unauthorized access and threats. These features include MAC address lockdown, port security, and Access Control Lists (ACLs).
- Quality of Service (QoS): The JL827A#ABA HPE FlexNetwork 5140 24 Port PoE+ 4SFP+ EI - Switch comes with QoS capabilities that allow network administrators to prioritize traffic and ensure that critical applications receive the necessary bandwidth.
- IPv6 Support: The switch supports IPv6, which is the latest version of the Internet Protocol. This makes it future-proof and ensures that it can support the latest networking technologies.
The JL827A#ABA HPE FlexNetwork 5140 24 Port PoE+ 4SFP+ EI - Switch offers a number of benefits to businesses and organizations that need a reliable and robust network infrastructure. Some of the key benefits of this switch include:
- High Performance: The switch is designed to provide high-performance networking, which means that businesses can rely on it to support their critical applications and services.
- Easy to Manage: The JL827A#ABA HPE FlexNetwork 5140 24 Port PoE+ 4SFP+ EI - Switch is easy to manage, which means that network administrators can spend less time on configuration and more time on other tasks.
- Advanced Security: The switch comes with advanced security features that help to protect the network from unauthorized access and threats. This provides businesses with peace of mind knowing that their network is secure.
- Future-Proof: The switch supports the latest networking technologies, which means that businesses can be assured that it will support their needs for years to come.
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Part Number or SKU # JL827A#ABA
- Device Type: 24 Ports Managed Switch
- Device Type : Switch - 28 Ports - L3 - Smart
- Enclosure Type : Rack-mountable 1u
- Subtype : Gigabit Ethernet
- Ports : 24 X 10/100/1000 (poe+) + 4 X Combo 10/100/1000base-t (poe+) / 100/1000base-x Sfp + 4 X 10 Gigabit Ethernet / 1 Gigabit Ethernet Sfp+
- Power Over Ethernet (poe): Poe+
- Poe Budget: 370 W
- Latency (1000 Mbps): 5 Μs ¦ Latency (10 Gbps): 3 Μs ¦ Throughput: 96 Mpps ¦ Routing/switching Capacity: 128 Gbps
- Ipv4 Routing Table Entries: 512 ¦ Ipv6 Routing Table Entries: 256 ¦ Vlan Ids: 4094
- Mac Address Table Size : 16384 Entries
- Jumbo Frame Support : 9216 Bytes
- Routing Protocol :
- Ospf, Rip-1, Rip-2, Igmp, Ospfv2, Igmpv3, Ospfv3, Static Ipv4 Routing, Static Ipv6 Routing, Cidr
- Remote Management Protocol :
- Snmp 1, Rmon 1, Rmon 2, Rmon 3, Rmon 9, Telnet, Snmp 3, Snmp 2c, Https, Tftp, Cli, Ntp, Icmp, Radius
- Encryption Algorithm : Ssl
- Authentication Method : Radius, Tacacs+, Secure Shell V.2 (ssh2), Hwtacacs
- Flow Control, Bootp Support, Arp Support, Load Balancing, Vlan Support, Auto-uplink (auto Mdi/mdi-x), Igmp Snooping, Diffserv Support, High Availability, Half Duplex Mode, Full Duplex Mode, Sflow, Spanning Tree Protocol (stp) Support, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (rstp) Support, Virtual Route Redundancy Protocol (vrrp) Support, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (mstp) Support, Access Control List (acl) Support, Quality Of Service (qos), Committed Access Rate (car), Dhcp Server, Mld Snooping, Device Link Detection Protocol (dldp) Support, Stp Root Guard, Dhcp Relay, Link Aggregation Control Protocol (lacp), Port Security, Energy Efficient Ethernet, Dynamic Arp Protection, Dhcp Protection, Multiple Vlan Registration Protocol (mvrp), Strict Priority Queuing (spq), Port Isolation, Generic Attribute Registration Protocol (garp), Openflow Support, Ip Source Guard, Icmp Router Discovery Protocol (irdp), Link Aggregation, Vlan Double Tagging (q-in-q), Lldp-med, Smart Link, Guest Vlan, Ethernet Oam, Proxy Arp, Weighted Round Robin (wrr), Intelligent Resilient Fabric Technology (irf), Bpdu Protection, Udp Support, Multiple Registration Protocol (mrp)
- Ieee 802.3, Ieee 802.3u, Ieee 802.3i, Ieee 802.3z, Ieee 802.1d, Ieee 802.1q, Ieee 802.3ab, Ieee 802.1p, Ieee 802.3af, Ieee 802.3x, Ieee 802.3ad (lacp), Ieee 802.1w, Ieee 802.1x, Ieee 802.3ae, Ieee 802.3ac, Ieee 802.1s, Ieee 802.1ad, Ieee 802.3ah, Ansi/tia-1057, Ieee 802.1ab (lldp), Ieee 802.1ak, Ieee 802.3at, Ieee 802.3az, Ieee 802.1ax, Ieee 802.1r
- Ram : 512 Mb Sdram
- Flash Memory : 256 Mb
- Status Indicators : Port Status, System
Expansion / Connectivity
- Interfaces :
- 24 X 1000base-t Rj-45 Poe+
- 4 X 1000base-x Sfp
- 4 X 1000base-x/10gbase-x Sfp+
- 1 X Console Rj-45 Management
- 1 X Micro-usb 5 Pin Usb Header Management
- Power Device : Internal Power Supply
- Power Provided : 451 Watt
- Voltage Required : Ac 100-240 V (50/60 Hz)
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.