Interface and Connectivity Options
The P10444-B21 HPE 3.84TB 2.5-inch SFF SAS 12GBPS SC Read Intensive Hot-Swap SSD has a single SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) interface, which provides high-speed, reliable data transfer and is commonly used in enterprise-level storage systems. The SAS interface provides a 12Gbps data transfer rate, which is significantly faster than slower interfaces such as SATA.
The "SFF" in its name stands for "Small Form Factor", which refers to the physical dimensions and interface of the drive, which in this case is a 2.5-inch drive that conforms to the industry standard dimensions for 2.5-inch drives. The "Hot-Swap" feature allows the drive to be removed and replaced while the system is still running, improving maintenance and serviceability.
The P10444-B21 HPE 3.84TB SSD is designed for use in storage systems that support the 2.5-inch SFF form factor and SAS interface, and provides high performance and reliability for demanding enterprise applications. It is optimized for read-intensive workloads, making it well suited for use in applications such as read-heavy databases and data warehousing.
Endurance Management and Extended Life
Endurance management is an important factor to consider when using solid-state drives (SSDs), including the HPE P10444-B21 3.84TB 2.5-inch SFF SAS 12Gbps SC Read Intensive Hot-Swap SSD. Endurance refers to the amount of data that can be written to an SSD over its lifetime.
The HPE P10444-B21 is a read-intensive SSD, meaning it is optimized for read-heavy workloads, such as data analytics and data warehousing, where read performance is more important than write performance. It has a maximum endurance of 8 drive writes per day (DWPD) for 5 years, which means that the entire capacity of the drive can be written to 8 times per day for 5 years without reaching the end of its endurance.
To extend the life of the HPE P10444-B21, it is important to use it in a manner that does not exceed its maximum endurance limit. This can be achieved by properly balancing the workload and using data reduction techniques, such as compression and deduplication, to reduce the amount of data written to the drive. Additionally, it is recommended to monitor the health of the drive using built-in tools, such as SMART data, to detect potential issues before they become critical.
Power Failure Protection and Data Recovery
The HPE P10444-B21 3.84TB 2.5-inch SAS SSD is designed for use in server environments, and as such, it is important to consider power failure protection and data recovery for these drives. Here are some ways to protect against power failure and recover data for the HPE P10444-B21 SSD:
- Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS): A UPS provides backup power to the system in case of a power outage, giving you enough time to safely shut down the system and prevent data loss.
- Battery-Backed Write Cache (BBWC): Some storage arrays have a BBWC module that provides cache memory that is backed up by a battery. In case of a power failure, data in the cache memory is saved to the disk, reducing the risk of data loss.
- Data Recovery Software: There are various data recovery software solutions available that can help recover lost data in case of a disk failure or power failure. These tools can scan the disk and recover any lost or corrupted data.
- Snapshots: As mentioned earlier, snapshots can be used to recover data in case of a disk failure. Regular snapshots can help ensure that you have access to recent data, even if the disk fails.
- Remote Replication: Remote replication allows you to create a replica of data on a remote site. In case of a disaster at the primary site, the replica can be used to recover data.
In addition to these methods, it's important to regularly back up your data to an external storage device or a cloud-based storage service to provide an additional layer of protection against data loss.
- Brand Name: Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
- MPN: P10444-B21
- Spare Part Number: P10639-001
- Model Number: VO003840RWUFB
- Assembly Number: P07305-003
- Type: Hot-Swap Solid State Drive
- SSD Type: SAS-12GBPS
- Capacity: 3.84 TB
- Form Factor: 2.5-inch SFF
- Bytes per Sector: 512
- Plug Type: Hot Pluggable
- Carrier Type: Smart Carrier (SC)
- Workload Type: Read Intensive
- Features: Digitally Signed Firmware, HPE Value SAS
- Bundled With: HPE Smart Carrier
- Lifetime Writes: 7000
- Endurance DWPD (Drive Writes Per Day): 1
- Drive Transfer Rate (external): 12 GB/Sec
- Random Read IOPS (4KiB, Q=16): 102000
- Max Random Read IOPS (4KiB): 155000@Q32
- Random Write IOPS (4KiB, Q=16): 37000
- Max Random Write IOPS (4KiB): 37000@Q4
Dimensions & Weight
- Height: 0.63 Inch
- Width: 3.10 Inch
- Depth: 5.45 Inch
- Weight: 1.50 Lbs
- HPE ProLiant DL Series: DL325 Gen10 (2.5 inch), DL325 Gen10 Entry (2.5 inch), DL325 Gen10 Performance (2.5 inch), DL325 Gen10 SMB Solution (2.5 inch), DL360 Gen10 (2.5 inch), DL360 Gen10 Base (2.5 inch), DL360 Gen10 Entry (2.5 inch), DL360 Gen10 High Performance (2.5 inch), DL360 Gen10 Low (2.5 inch), DL360 Gen10 Performance (2.5 inch), DL360 Gen10 SMB (2.5 inch), DL360 Gen10 Solution (2.5 inch), DL380 Gen10 Entry SMB (2.5 inch), DL380 Gen10 for Cohesity DataPlatform (2.5 inch), DL380 Gen10 SMB (2.5 inch), DL380 Gen9 (2.5 inch), DL380 Gen9 Base (2.5 inch), DL380 Gen9 Entry (2.5 inch), DL380 Gen9 High Performance (2.5 inch),
- DL380 Gen9 Performance (2.5 inch), DL380 Gen9 Scale-up SAP HANA Tailored Datacenter Integration Compute Block (2.5 inch), DL380 Gen9 Special (2.5 inch), DL560 Gen10 (2.5 inch), DL560 Gen10 Base (2.5 inch), DL560 Gen10 Entry (2.5 inch), DL560 Gen10 Performance (2.5 inch), DL580 Gen10 (2.5 inch), DL580 Gen10 Base (2.5 inch), DL580 Gen10 Entry (2.5 inch), DL580 Gen10 Performance (2.5 inch)
- HPE ProLiant XL Series: XL230k Gen10 Compute Tray (2.5 inches)
About Refurbished Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product P10444-B21 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.