Detail Information about HPE P21517-B21
- Manufacturer :HPE
- Model Number or SKU: P21517-B21
- Device Type: Solid State Drive - Hot-Swap
- Capacity: 3.84 TB
- Form Factor: 2.5 inch SFF
- Interface: SATA-6Gbps
- Plug Type: Hot Pluggable
- Carrier Type: Smart Carrier (SC)
- NAND Flash Memory Type: Multi-level cell (MLC)
- Workload Type: Mixed Use
- Connectivity: Single Port
- Features: Digitally Signed Firmware
- Bundled With: HPE Smart Carrier
- Platform Supported: HPE ProLiant Rack/Tower/BladeSystem Servers/Synergy
- Height: 7 mm
Performance for HPE P21517-B21 3.84TB
- Lifetime Writes: 24200
- Drive Writes Per Day (DWPD): 3.00
- Drive Transfer Rate: 600 MBps (external)
- MAX Seq. Reads Throughput (MiB/s): 525
- MAX Seq. Writes Throughput (MiB/s): 480
- Random Read Average Latency uSec (4KiB,Q1): 140
- Random Write Average Latency uSec (4KiB,Q1): 76
- Random Read IOPS (4KiB, Q=16): 61000
- Random Write IOPS (4KiB, Q=16): 32000
- Max Random Read IOPS (4KiB): 69000@Q32
- Max Random Write IOPS (4KiB): 32500@Q32
Expansion & Connectivity of 3.84TB 2.5inch SSD
- Interfaces: 1 x SATA-6Gb/s
- Compatible Bay: 2.5" SFF
Dimensions & Weight for HPE 3.84TB Solid State Drive
- Height: 5.75 (14.61 cm)
- Width: 8.63 inch (21.92 cm)
- Depth: 9.00 inch (22.86 cm)
- Weight: 1.508 lbs (0.68 kg)
Compatibility Information of HPE 3.84TB 2.5inch SATA-6GBPS SSD
- Designed For
- HPE Nimble Storage dHCI Large Solution with HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 (2.5inch), Medium Solution with HPE ProLiant DL325 Gen10 Plus (2.5inch), Medium Solution with HPE ProLiant DL360 Gen10 (2.5inch), Small Solution with HPE ProLiant DL360 Gen10 (2.5inch)
- HPE ProLiant DL Series: DL20 Gen10 (2.5inch), DL20 Gen10 Entry (2.5inch), DL20 Gen10 Performance (2.5inch), DL20 Gen10 solution (2.5inch), DL325 Gen10 (2.5inch), DL325 Gen10 Base (2.5inch), DL325 Gen10 Entry (2.5inch), DL325 Gen10 Performance (2.5inch), DL325 Gen10 Plus (2.5inch), DL325 Gen10 Plus All-NVMe Flash Node for Qumulo (2.5inch), DL325 Gen10 Plus for Weka Expansion Tracking (2.5inch), DL325 Gen10 SMB Solution (2.5inch), DL325 Gen10 Solution (2.5inch), DL360 Gen10 All Flash Server for Weka (2.5inch), DL360 Gen10 Compute Server for Cohesity DataPlatform (2.5inch), DL360 Gen10 Low (2.5inch), DL360 Gen10 Network Choice (2.5inch), DL360 Gen10 Performance for Cohesity DataPlatform (2.5inch), DL360 Gen10 Premium (2.5inch), DL360 Gen10 SMB (2.5inch), DL360 Gen10 SMB Network Choice (2.5inch), DL360 Gen10 Solution (2.5inch), DL380 Gen10 All Flash Server for Datera (2.5inch), DL380 Gen10 Entry SMB (2.5inch), DL380 Gen10 for Cohesity DataPlatform (2.5inch), DL380 Gen10 for SAP HANA Compute Block (2.5inch), DL380 Gen10 Hybrid Server for Datera (2.5inch), DL380 Gen10 Network Choice (2.5inch), DL380 Gen10 Network Choice for CTERA (2.5inch), DL380 Gen10 Network Choice for SAP HANA Compute Block (2.5inch), DL380 Gen10 NVMe All Flash Server for Datera (2.5inch), DL380 Gen10 Server for CTERA (2.5inch), DL380 Gen10 SMB (2.5inch), DL380 Gen10 SMB Networking Choice (2.5inch), DL380 Gen10 Solution (2.5inch), DL385 Gen10 (2.5inch), DL385 Gen10 Base (2.5inch), DL385 Gen10 High-Performance (2.5inch), DL385 Gen10 Performance (2.5inch), DL385 Gen10 Plus (2.5inch), DL385 Gen10 Plus Entry (2.5inch), DL385 Gen10 SMB (2.5inch), DL385 Gen10 Solution (2.5inch), DL388 Gen10 (2.5inch)
- HPE ProLiant ML Series: ML110 Gen10 Solution (2.5inch)
- HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Compute Module (2.5inch), 480 Gen10 Plus Base Compute Module (2.5inch), 660 Gen10 Compute Block (2.5inch)
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
SATA 6GB/S SSD (Solid State Drive)
When high-end computer or server hardware comes into the picture, it is always a great idea to push the performance bar higher. Until users begin to use devices that are faster than conventional disks, then some benchmark grades would be significantly hampered. This is where SATA drives come into the picture.
SATA drives remain the most commonly used storage devices in mid-range PCs and desktop computers. They are compatible with several computer motherboards and operating systems. As such, they are one of the best storage solutions available. SATA drives are also typically used in popular gaming consoles.
They offer impressive storage capacity and excellent transmission speed. Now, the magic of SSDs is in the dazzling amount of data they send through SATA ports. Not only do they do that, but the solid-state technology allows them to respond to storage requirements efficiently. They do this with the fastest of speeds.
Their response time is incredible, allowing users across different levels to enjoy their use. The evolution of SSDs has seen them have much faster transfer rates. In addition to offering faster response times, these drives can almost saturate the entirety of a SATA port.
SATA 6GB/S Benefits
Users wonder about the need for or the benefits of adopting the SATA 6GB/S technology. This may result from hard drives current inability to fill the SATA 3.0 pipe at the 6GB/S speeds. However, SATA III ports now support bandwidths that are up to 6GBPs. There are several benefits to gain from using solid-state drives with a SATA 6GB S interface.
SATA 6GB S SSD Improved Performance
Users should expect improved performances and cache-efficient desktop applications. This interface would ensure that operations such as graphics design, video editing, and gaming become a lot faster. Compatible solid-state drives will reach faster sequential read-write speed rates. That way, users will see improved user experience and productivity, regardless of the activity they perform.
Compatibility SSD SATA 6.0 GB S
Another great advantage of these drives is that they work well with older components. They are backward compatible with SATA II and SATA I interfaces. Therefore, users do not need to change their old PCs or desktop computers before using these drives.
Improved Space Management
When compared to the PATA connectors, SATA drives are much smaller. This allows them to adapt to even the smallest PC cases, enabling better airflow among components. The SATA 6GBPS drives are suitable for connecting SSDs and optical drives to a motherboard. They do this without taking much space, thanks to the flat designs.
Bigger Cache Memories SATA 6.0 gb s
Renowned disk drive vendors are now equipping these drives with bigger and faster cache memories. This way, any application in use can predict what data a user is likely to need next. With this, they help to increase data transfer rates of SATA 6GBPS SSD with smart fetching and caching algorithms. The technology ensures no delay in retrieving information that has been pre-fetched and stored in the cache.
The Ultimate Performance Booster
Incremental investment in SATA 6GB/S drives can yield incredible improvement in performance. They have been amplified for higher capacities to be the mainstream high-performance devices.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.