Overview of the HPE P51178-B21 Adapte
The HPE P51178-B21 Broadcom BCM5719 Ethernet 1Gb BASE-T 4 Ports Adapter is a networking adapter that provides high-speed connectivity to servers and workstations. It is designed to deliver excellent network performance and reliability, making it ideal for demanding enterprise applications. In this article, we will explore the features and specifications of the HPE P51178-B21 adapter in detail. The HPE P51178-B21 adapter is a quad-port Gigabit Ethernet adapter that provides four 1GbE network ports. It is designed to work with HPE ProLiant Gen9 servers and provides high-speed connectivity to the network. The adapter is based on the Broadcom BCM5719 Ethernet controller, which provides advanced features such as TCP/IP offloading, VLAN tagging, and support for Jumbo Frames.
Features and Specifications
The HPE P51178-B21 adapter comes with several features and specifications that make it an excellent choice for enterprise applications. Let's take a closer look at some of the key features of the adapter.
Quad-Port Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
The HPE P51178-B21 adapter provides four 1GbE network ports, which allows for high-speed connectivity to the network. This makes it ideal for applications that require high bandwidth and low latency, such as virtualization, database management, and cloud computing.
Broadcom BCM5719 Ethernet Controller
The HPE P51178-B21 adapter is based on the Broadcom BCM5719 Ethernet controller, which provides advanced features such as TCP/IP offloading, VLAN tagging, and support for Jumbo Frames. These features help to reduce CPU utilization and improve network performance.
The HPE P51178-B21 adapter supports TCP/IP offloading, which helps to reduce CPU utilization by offloading the processing of TCP/IP packets to the adapter. This results in improved network performance and reduced CPU overhead.
The HPE P51178-B21 adapter supports VLAN tagging, which allows for the creation of virtual LANs on a physical network. This feature provides improved network management and security by segregating network traffic into different virtual networks.
Support for Jumbo Frames
The HPE P51178-B21 adapter supports Jumbo Frames, which allows for the transmission of larger packets over the network. This feature helps to reduce network overhead and improve network performance.
Low Profile Design
The HPE P51178-B21 adapter comes with a low profile design, which allows it to fit into low profile server slots. This makes it ideal for use in rack-mounted servers and workstations.
PCI Express 2.0 x4 Interface
The HPE P51178-B21 adapter uses the PCI Express 2.0 x4 interface, which provides high-speed connectivity to the server or workstation. This interface provides a maximum data transfer rate of 5 Gbps, which helps to ensure that the adapter does not become a bottleneck in the network.
The HPE P51178-B21 adapter is designed to work with HPE ProLiant Gen9 servers and is compatible with several operating systems, including Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, and VMware ESXi 6.0.Overall the HPE P51178-B21 Broadcom BCM5719 Ethernet 1Gb BASE-T 4 Ports Adapter is an excellent choice for enterprise applications that require high-speed connectivity to the network. Its quad-port design, advanced features such as TCP/IP offloading and VLAN tagging, and support for Jumbo Frames make it an ideal choice for demanding applications such as virtualization, database management, and cloud computing.
Main Specifications about this HPE P51178-B21
- Manufacturer : HPE
- Model Number or SKU# P51178-B21
- Product Type: Network Adapter
Technical Information of Ethernet Adapter
- Form Factor : Plug-in Card
- Ports Qty : Gigabit Ethernet X 4
- Cabling Type : Ethernet 10base-t, Ethernet 100base-tx, Ethernet 1000base-t
- Data Link Protocol : 10mb Lan, 100mb Lan, Gige
- Data Transfer Rate : 1 Gbps
Expansion / Connectivity
- Features : Flow Control, Acpi Support, Ipv6 Support, Ipv4 Support, Pxe Support, Receive Side Scaling (rss), Uefi Support, Tcp Segmentation Offload (tso), Uefi Pxe Boot, Legacy Bios Pxe Boot, Limited Root Of Trust
- Interfaces : 4 X Ethernet 1000 - Rj-45
A network adapter also called a network interface card is a plug-in card that serves to allow computers to both transmit and receive data on a local network. It is a component of a computer's internal hardware that facilitates communication over a network.
In a more current context, network adapters will refer to an Ethernet adapter where the Ethernet circuitry is built into motherboards of the latest desktops and laptop computers. Other times, a network adapter may also refer to a wireless (Wi-Fi) adapter.
In all instances, the adapter allows a computer to connect with another computer, a server, or other networking devices through a LAN connection. The use of a network adapter is not limited to wired connections as it is used for wireless networks. The adapters for wired networks come with an RJ-45 port that may use either the twisted or untwisted pair cables for network connectivity. For the wireless adapters, the network connection is facilitated through a built-in antenna or an externally connected antenna. Both the wired and wireless network adapters support the popular LAN protocols including TCP/IP. We have 1-port, 2-port, 4-port, 6-port, 8-port, and 16-port options that support speeds of 10, 25, 40, or even 100 Gigabits.
The plug-in network interface cards (NICs) are normally used in high-performance machines especially if a faster Ethernet standard is relatively new and available but is yet to become mainstream. In fact, the major difference between network adapters lies in the network protocol it supports.
We have the different types of network adapters necessary for building computer-to-computer networks that don't have a switch or hub. All the network adapters are fairly inexpensive and readily adaptable to different applications within a network. Some of the common types available are:
Network adapters common types
- Desktop Network Interface Card: This adapter is usually connected to a PCI or PCIe slot, whichever is available on the motherboard of your desktop computer. You will need to open your computer's case and it, therefore, presents the most difficult installation method. The PCIe slot is generally found in new computers.
- PC Card or PCMCIA Card: PCMCIA is the abbreviation for Personal Computer Memory Card International Association. The name has undergone changes over time to be referred to as a PC Card or ExpressCard. For dimensions, the PC card is almost similar in size to a credit card but is significantly thicker. The PC card is connected to a PC or PCMCIA card slot in your desktop computer or laptop computer.
- USB adapter: This network adapter is typically a small device, similar to a thumb drive, with a USB interface. Installation is easy and straightforward since it is plugged into the USB port of your desktop or laptop computer or other network devices that have a USB port.
- Wireless game adapters also referred to as media adapters, are connected to older game consoles and home entertainment devices so as to act as a bridge to Wi-Fi capability. They help expand functionality on these entertainment devices through connections to the internet.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.