Data backup and storage is an important aspect of any business or organization. It ensures that important files and documents are kept safe and can be retrieved in case of data loss or damage. One of the popular methods of data backup and storage is through tape drives. The HU537 Dell 800/1600GB LTO-4 SAS FH Internal Tape Drive is a popular choice for organizations that require a reliable and efficient backup system.
The HU537 Dell 800/1600GB LTO-4 SAS FH Internal Tape Drive is a tape drive designed for internal use in servers and storage arrays. It is a 5.25-inch full-height tape drive that uses the LTO-4 (Linear Tape-Open 4) format. The LTO-4 format is the fourth generation of the Linear Tape-Open technology and offers a storage capacity of up to 800GB (1.6TB with 2:1 compression).
The HU537 Dell tape drive uses a Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) interface to connect to the server or storage array. SAS is a high-speed data transfer protocol that provides faster data transfer rates compared to traditional SCSI interfaces. It also supports longer cable lengths and allows for the connection of multiple devices to a single host.
- Capacity: The HU537 Dell tape drive has a native storage capacity of 800GB and a compressed storage capacity of 1.6TB. This makes it ideal for organizations that require large storage capacity for their backups.
- Speed: The tape drive has a native data transfer rate of up to 120 MB/s (240 MB/s with 2:1 compression). This means that data can be backed up or restored quickly, reducing downtime and increasing productivity.
- Compatibility: The HU537 Dell tape drive is compatible with a wide range of operating systems including Windows, Linux, and Unix. This makes it easy to integrate into existing backup systems.
- Reliability: The tape drive has a Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) of 250,000 hours. This means that it is a reliable and durable backup solution.
- Encryption: The HU537 Dell tape drive supports hardware-based encryption, which ensures that data is protected during transit and storage.
- Cost-effective: The HU537 Dell tape drive is a cost-effective backup solution. It offers a high storage capacity at a relatively low cost compared to other backup solutions.
- Reliable: The tape drive is a reliable backup solution that ensures that important data is kept safe and can be retrieved in case of data loss or damage.
- Easy to use: The tape drive is easy to use and can be integrated into existing backup systems without requiring significant changes to the infrastructure.
- Secure: The tape drive supports hardware-based encryption, which ensures that data is protected during transit and storage.
- Scalable: The HU537 Dell tape drive is scalable, which means that it can be easily upgraded as the organization's backup needs grow.
General Information about the Dell HU537
- Manufacturer: Dell
- Model Number or SKU# HU537
- Product Type : Tape Drive
- Interface Type : SAS
- Tape Type: LTO-4
- Native Drive Capacity : 800GB
- Enclosure Type: Internal
- Native Data Transfer Rate: 120 Mbps.
- Compressed Data Transfer Rate: 240 Mbps.
- Compressed Drive Capacity : 1600GB
- Interfaces/Ports: Serial Attached SCSI (SAS)
About New Bulk Pack Products
Media preservation has come a long way, and the methods of storing data over the years are ever-changing. However, one method had stood out since its invention in 1949; and that's tape storage. If you are looking for durability, low cost, longevity, energy efficiency, density, and scalability, then investing in tape storage is a smart move. Thanks to our vast collection of tape drive storage devices, you are all covered when this is what you need. Depending on your budget and storage needs, you can choose from categories including LTO - 5 Lib Expansion, LTO - 5 Rack Mount, LTO - 5 Library, LTO - 6 Library, LTO - 6 Rack Mount, LTO - 6 Lib Expansion, LTO - 6 Internal, LTO - 6 External, LTO - 6 Auto Loader, Magstar Internal, SDLT 220 External, SDLT 220 Internal, SDLT 320 External, SDLT 320 Loader, SDLT 320 Internal, SDLT 600 External, SDLT 600 Internal, SDLT 600 Loader, Storageworks Internal, Storageworks Library, Travan 10-20GB Internal, and Travan 20-40GB Internal. Tape drives present an excellent means to write data to storage and hold onto data for a couple of decades. They make an ideal medium for long-term storage and backups.
What is Tape Storage?
A tape drive is a storage device designed to store data on magnetic tape. It is primarily used for backup and archiving purposes. It functions like a tape recorder in recording data on a loop of a flexible celluloid-like medium that is readable and erasable. Tape drives operate in two ways. The first uses a linear tape technology where the heads never touch the tape or a regular helical scan where the playback and recording heads touch the tape.
Choosing a Tape Drive; Buying Guide
There are countless tape drives available on the market today; these few considerations will keep you on track when choosing one.
You'd want to go for a tape drive with the ability to complete a tape backup within your window of possibility. For instance, back up 400GB will call for a transfer rate of approximately 30GB/hour.
Tape drive manufacturers are always known to specify the drive's Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF). Check this vital information to measure the reliability of the drive. A typical example is the Travan tape drive with an MTBF of 370,000 hours at a 20% duty cycle, and running the drive longer will reduce its reliability. Depending on your needs, you can tell if this tape drive is the best or not.
A tape drive should have the capacity to store your backups, and well come at the right price. The price of the drive is a function of capacity and performance. There are continuous modifications in tape capacity; the largest capacity is always a high price. However, it would help if you considered how much value-for-money the tape drive will give you. Depending on your budget and needs, you may prefer capacity over performance and vice versa.
Choose allhdd.com for all your tape drive purchases and stand to enjoy free-ground shipping, affordability, and unbeatable customer support.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product HU537 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Tape Drive - Tape Storage
- LTO - 8 Internal
- AIT-1 External
- AIT-5 External
- DAT 160 External
- DAT 160 Internal
- DAT 72 Internal
- DDS-3 Internal
- DDS-4 Internal
- LTO - 8 External
- DDS-4 External
- DDS-4 Auto Loader
- DDS-5 Internal
- DDS-5 External
- DDS-6 Internal
- DLT 40-80 Internal
- Travan 20-40GB
- DLT 40-80 External
- DLT VS160 Internal
- LTO - 1 Internal
- LTO - 2 Auto Loader
- LTO - 2 External
- LTO - 2 Internal
- LTO - 2 Loader
- LTO - 3 Auto Loader
- LTO - 3 External
- LTO - 3 Internal
- LTO - 3 Loader
- LTO - 3 Lib Expansion
- LTO - 4 Auto Loader
- LTO - 4 External
- LTO - 4 Internal
- LTO - 4 Lib Expansion
- LTO - 4 Library Data
- LTO - 4 Loader
- LTO - 4 Plug In Module
- LTO - 4 Library
- LTO - 5 Auto Loader
- LTO - 5 External
- LTO - 5 Internal
- LTO - 5 Lib Expansion
- LTO - 5 Rack Mount
- LTO - 5 Library
- LTO - 6 Rack Mount
- LTO - 6 Lib Expansion
- LTO - 6 Internal
- LTO - 6 External
- LTO - 6 Auto Loader
- Magstar Internal
- SDLT 220 External
- SDLT 320 External
- SDLT 320 Loader
- SDLT 600 External
- SDLT 600 Internal
- Travan 10-20GB Internal
- Travan 20-40GB Internal
- VXA-2 Internal
- DAT 320 External
- DLT-V4 Internal
- LTO - 7 Internal
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.