Introduction to the 25R8088 IBM ServeRAID Battery
The 25R8088 IBM ServeRAID battery is a lithium-ion battery designed for use with IBM ServeRAID RAID controllers. This battery is responsible for providing backup power to the RAID controller's cache memory in the event of a power loss or interruption, allowing the controller to safely complete any ongoing read or write operations. Without a functioning battery, data loss or corruption can occur if the system is unexpectedly shut down. The 25R8088 IBM ServeRAID battery is a crucial component in ensuring the integrity and reliability of data storage systems, making it an essential part for many businesses and organizations.
Troubleshooting Common Installation Issues
Here are some common installation issues that users might face when installing the 25R8088 IBM ServeRAID battery, along with troubleshooting tips:
- Battery not recognized by the RAID controller: Make sure that the battery is properly installed in the controller and that all connections are secure. If the battery is still not recognized, check that the controller firmware is up to date and compatible with the battery.
- Battery charging failure: Ensure that the battery is receiving power by checking the power supply and connections. If the battery is still not charging, it may need to be replaced.
- Battery status not updating: If the battery status is not updating correctly, verify that the monitoring software is installed and configured properly. Some controllers may require specific software to monitor battery status.
- Error messages during installation: If error messages appear during installation, review the user manual or consult with the manufacturer to ensure that all steps are being followed correctly.
- Compatibility issues: Ensure that the battery is compatible with the RAID controller and any other hardware or software used in the system. Check the manufacturer's website for compatibility information and ensure that all drivers and firmware are up to date.
- Physical damage: Check the battery for any signs of physical damage, such as cracks or leaks. If there is any physical damage, do not attempt to install or use the battery.
Replacing the 25R8088 IBM ServeRAID Battery
Replacing the 25R8088 IBM ServeRAID battery involves a few steps, but it is a relatively straightforward process. Here is an overview of the steps involved:
- Shut down the server and unplug it from the power source to avoid electrical shock.
- Locate the battery on the ServeRAID controller. It is typically a small rectangular unit connected to the board via a connector or cable.
- Remove the old battery from the connector or cable by gently pulling it out.
- Insert the new battery into the connector or cable. Be sure to insert it in the correct orientation, usually with the positive side facing up.
- Power on the server and check to make sure the battery is recognized by the ServeRAID controller.
It's important to note that different ServeRAID controller models may have slightly different procedures for replacing the battery. It's best to consult the user manual or documentation for your specific ServeRAID controller for detailed instructions. Additionally, it's recommended to wear an anti-static wristband to prevent any damage to the hardware during the replacement process.
- Battery type: Lithium-ion
- Battery voltage: 3.7V
- Battery capacity: 7Wh
- Dimensions: 50 x 36 x 6 mm
- Weight: 20 g
- Operating temperature: 0°C to 45°C (32°F to 113°F)
- Storage temperature: -20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)
- Humidity range: 8% to 90%
- Compatible with IBM ServeRAID M5014, M5015, M5025, M1015, and M1115 RAID controllers
About Refurbished Products
Computer servers have RAID controllers. RAID is a short form for Redundant Array Independent Disk that sits between the operating system and data storage devices. As the name suggests, RAID provides redundancy and improves the performance of disk storage devices. RAID controllers virtualize the storage drives into different groups that possess both data protection and redundancy features.
Why Do RAID Controllers Need Batteries?
Any RAID Controller should have a battery to avoid data loss when there is a power outage on the mainline. The batteries can be smart cache, capacitors, or lithium-ion batteries. When the main power goes out before the data write to the cache is completed, it can be lost. As a result, controllers, not necessarily RAID controllers, switch to the backup battery to complete the write sequence. You should ensure that the battery controller is in good working condition.
Controller Battery by Voltage
Different servers have different controller models. That means that the controller batteries also must have varying specifications. Apart from the physical size, the voltage rating is a crucial factor to consider. There are different battery ratings for different systems. For example, you will need 4.3V batteries for DL580 servers and 4.8V batteries for P-series controllers. Similarly, the 7.2V battery is for HP ProLiant BI460C servers. Check the voltage rating of the controller battery to ensure that it matches that which your system has. Any deviation can lead to costly disasters.
Battery Controller for Different Applications
Controller batteries are application-specific. You can only shop for a new battery after knowing the target device. Otherwise, it will just be a waste of time and resources. Dell PERC controller batteries are for PowerEdge servers, and HP controller batteries are for P-series servers. You cannot exchange the tow or any other battery controller. As a piece of advice, always consult with technical experts if not sure about the controller battery you need to buy.
Excellent Shopping Experience at AllHDD
ALLHDD is a one-stop shop for all controller batteries. If you need to replace any of your batteries, regardless of the model, just shop with us. We have a collection of high-quality and original controller batteries for every computer. Being a certified supplier, you can trust products we sell as meeting the industry standards and have a manufacturer's warranty.
We also have a technical team to help you with shopping. Just contact us for the help you deserve. We are here to serve you!
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 25R8088 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.