Overview of IBM Slide Rail Kit
Installation and Setup
- Begin by unpacking the kit and verifying that all components are present.
- Position the server in the rack or cabinet where it will be installed. Make sure that the server is level and centered in the rack or cabinet.
- Attach the slide rails to the server by inserting the server into the slide rail brackets. Make sure the server is securely locked into place by engaging the locking mechanism on the slide rails.
- Install the slide rail assembly into the rack or cabinet by sliding the slide rails into the rack or cabinet. Make sure that the slide rail assembly is securely locked into place by engaging the locking mechanism on the slide rails.
- Adjust the slide rails so that the server is level and centered in the rack or cabinet.
- Verify that the server is securely locked into place by checking the locking mechanism on the slide rails.
- Connect all necessary cables and power to the server, and then turn on the server.
- Verify that the server is functioning properly and that the slide rail assembly is securely holding the server in place
Features and Benefits
The 94Y6625 IBM Slide Rail Kit offers a variety of features and benefits to users:
- Easy Installation: The kit includes all necessary hardware and instructions for easy installation of the server into a rack or cabinet.
- Secure Mounting: The slide rails have a locking mechanism that keeps the server securely in place, ensuring that the server is stable and won't move during operation.
- Quick Release: The slide rails have a quick release feature that allows for easy removal of the server, making it simple to access the server for maintenance or upgrades.
- Compatibility: The kit is designed to be compatible with standard 19-inch racks and cabinets, making it a versatile solution for a wide range of server installations.
- Durability: The kit is constructed with high-quality materials that are designed to withstand heavy use, ensuring a long service life.
- Load capacity: The kit has a maximum load capacity of up to 165 pounds, which is suitable for most servers.
- Rack and cabinet friendly: The kit is designed to fit in a standard rack or cabinet, which makes it easy to install in any data center.
- Ease of access: The slide rail kit allows for easy access to the server for maintenance or upgrades, which is essential for any data center.
- Cost-effective: The 94Y6625 IBM Slide Rail Kit is a cost-effective solution for installing servers in a rack or cabinet, providing a secure and stable platform without the need for expensive custom mounting solutions.
- IBM's standard: This kit is manufactured by IBM and it is designed according to IBM's standard, which means it is compatible with IBM's servers and data centers.
- Manufacturer : International Business Machines Corporation
- Manufacturer Part Number : 94Y6625
- Brand Name : IBM
- Sub-Type : System X
- Type : Accessories
Product Information :
- Device Supported : Server
- Compatibility : X3550 M4 (7914) , X3650 M4
About Refurbished Products
Accessories - Rail Kit
Rack-mountable servers and other IT equipment are installed on rack servers. For this to happen, there should be server rack rails to firmly hold the server onto the racks. One thing to note about rack rails is that they are not standardized. Despite the standard 1U or 2U server racks on the market, you have to wisely choose a compatible rack rail kit.
Types of Server Rack Rails
There are only two types of rack rail kits: sliding rack rails and static rack rails. A rail kit is an essential component of a data center if you must mount equipment on the server rack. But what is the difference between the two types, and which one should you choose? As the name suggests, sliding server rack rail can move outwards with the server still mounted on them. Think of them as the drawers of your office desk or cabinet. That attribute makes servicing of the server easy, but care should be taken not to strain the cables attached at the back of the server. Examples include sliding rails for mounting System X, PowerEdge, and Precision servers.
Static server rails, on the other hand, are fixed on the server racks. The mounted equipment has to be unfixed and removed from the rails for servicing or repair. They include a rail mount kit for PowerEdge, Powervault, and many other servers and IT equipment.
The Right Rail Kit for Server Racks
Before you decide on the type of rail mount kit to buy, first know the model of the server racks. Server racks are two main types currently available: two-post racks and four-post racks. If your model is a two-post rack, then you can only buy a two-post rail kit, which is usually threaded. These server racks are mostly found in large enterprises with limited space and are ideal for holding lightweight servers.
Four-post racks are robust and commonly found in enterprise businesses. You have the freedom to choose from round-hole 4-post server racks or square-hole four-post server racks, according to your taste. For whichever rack system you have, you will need the right server rack rails to use it. There are ample space and efficient cooling in this latter server rack model.You can buy a 4-post static rail kit for a four-post server rack, and a 2-post rack rail will only work on a two-post server rack. We have all the server rack rails, server rail kit accessories options for all server rack models and various networking switch rails options, so chose the best for your needs here at ALLHDD!
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.