Comparison with other processors in the Intel Xeon line
The SR1XD Intel Xeon Processor belongs to the Xeon Scalable family, which includes a range of processors with different performance levels, core counts, and power requirements.
Compared to other processors in the Xeon Scalable family, the SR1XD has a relatively high base clock speed of 2.3GHz and a large 45MB L3 cache, which can provide a good balance of performance and efficiency. It also supports Intel's Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) and AVX-512, which can significantly improve performance in certain types of workloads such as media encoding, scientific simulations, and financial analysis.
However, there are other processors in the Xeon Scalable family that have higher core counts, such as the Xeon Platinum 9282, which has 56 cores and 112 threads. This processor is designed for even more demanding workloads that require high core count such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, and simulation workloads.
Another example is the Xeon Gold 6258R, which has 20 cores and 40 threads, it is targeted for network-optimized workloads, with features like Intel Deep Learning Boost (AVX-512 VNNI) which can accelerate workloads like image recognition and natural language processing.
Applications and industries best suited for the SR1XD Intel Xeon Processor
The SR1XD Intel Xeon Processor is designed for high-performance workloads such as data centers, scientific computing, and other enterprise applications. It is well-suited for applications that require high performance, reliability, and scalability.
Some specific industries and applications that can benefit from the SR1XD Intel Xeon Processor include:
- Data centers: The SR1XD can provide high performance and efficiency for data center workloads such as database management, big data analytics, and cloud computing.
- Scientific computing: The SR1XD's support for Intel's Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) and AVX-512 can improve performance in scientific simulations and modeling, which are common workloads in scientific computing.
- Financial services: The SR1XD's support for Intel's Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) and AVX-512 can improve performance in financial analysis workloads such as risk modeling, portfolio optimization, and Monte Carlo simulations.
- Manufacturing: The SR1XD's support for Intel's Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) and AVX-512 can improve performance in workloads such as computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), which are important in manufacturing.
- Media and entertainment: The SR1XD's support for Intel's Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) and AVX-512 can improve performance in media encoding and transcoding workloads, which are important in the media and entertainment industry.
Power Consumption and Thermal Considerations for the SR1XD Intel Xeon Processor
The SR1XD Intel Xeon Processor has a TDP (thermal design power) of 145W, which means that it requires 145 watts of power to operate at its base clock speed. However, the processor also has a feature called Turbo Boost, which allows the processor to automatically increase its clock speed when there is thermal headroom available, thus increasing performance. This can cause the power consumption to increase, as the processor is running at a higher clock speed and consuming more power.
When considering thermal considerations, it is important to ensure that the cooling solution in the system is sufficient to dissipate the heat generated by the processor. The TDP of 145W means that the cooling system should be able to dissipate at least 145 watts of heat. If the cooling system is not sufficient, the processor may be throttled or shut down to prevent overheating.
Another important consideration is the power supply, it should be able to provide enough power for the processor and all the other components in the system, and it should be designed to handle the peak power consumption of the system.
In order to optimize the power consumption and thermal considerations for the SR1XD Intel Xeon Processor, the system should be designed with appropriate cooling solutions and power supply. It is also important to monitor the processor's temperature and power consumption, and make adjustments as needed, such as increasing the cooling or optimizing the system's power settings.
Additionally, the SR1XD supports Intel's Speed Select Technology which allows the user to choose a power profile that best suits the workload and power availability, thus optimizing the power consumption and thermal considerations.
- Product Type : Server Processor
- Product Manufacturer : Intel Corporation
- Manufacturer Part Number : Sr1xd
- Product Model : E5-2699V3
- Processor Core : 18-Core
- Clock Speed : 2.3ghz
- Max Turbo Frequency : 3.6GHz
- Quick path Interconnect(QPI) Speed : 9.6GT/S
- Instruction Set : 64-Bit
- Instruction Set Extensions : AVX 2.0
Cache Memory Detail
- L3 Cache : 45MB
- Lithography : 22 NM
- Max Thermal Design Power (TDP) : 145W
- Compatible Processor Socket : FCLGA2011-3
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product SR1XD at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.