The Micron MTFDHAL12T8TDR-1AT1ZABYY is a solid state drive (SSD) that is used as an internal storage device for a computer. It has a storage capacity of 12.8 terabytes (TB), which means it can store a large amount of data. The drive is based on the NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory Express) interface, which is a high-speed interface designed for use with solid state drives. It uses the PCI Express (PCIe) interface for communication with the computer's motherboard, which allows for fast data transfer speeds. The drive has a form factor of M.2, which means it is designed to be installed in an M.2 slot on the motherboard. The drive uses 3D NAND technology, which allows for higher storage densities and faster performance compared to traditional 2D NAND technology. It also has a sequential read speed of up to 3,400 megabytes per second (MB/s) and a sequential write speed of up to 3,000 MB/s.
Performance and Reliability
The Micron MTFDHAL12T8TDR-1AT1ZABYY is a high-performance solid state drive that is designed to offer fast data transfer speeds and quick access to stored data. It uses the NVMe interface and the PCIe interface, which allow for fast communication with the motherboard and quick data transfer. The drive has a sequential read speed of up to 3,400 megabytes per second (MB/s) and a sequential write speed of up to 3,000 MB/s, which means it can quickly access and transfer large amounts of data.
In terms of reliability, the Micron MTFDHAL12T8TDR-1AT1ZABYY is built with high-quality components and is designed to be durable and long-lasting. It uses 3D NAND technology, which is known for its reliability and longevity compared to traditional 2D NAND technology. The drive also has an endurance rating of up to 1,600 terabytes written (TBW), which means it can withstand a certain amount of data being written to it before it may potentially fail. Overall, the Micron MTFDHAL12T8TDR-1AT1ZABYY is a reliable and high-performing SSD that is suitable for use in a variety of applications.
Facilities of NVMe
NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory Express) is a protocol that allows for faster communication between a computer's storage system and the central processing unit (CPU). It is designed to take full advantage of the speed and capabilities of solid state drives (SSDs) like the Micron MTFDHAL12T8TDR-1AT1ZABYY.
Some key facilities of NVMe include:
- High-speed data transfer: NVMe allows for faster data transfer speeds than traditional storage protocols like SATA or SAS. This means that data can be accessed and processed more quickly, leading to improved system performance.
- Low latency: NVMe has a lower latency than traditional storage protocols, which means that there is less delay between when a command is issued and when it is executed.
- Parallelism: NVMe allows for multiple commands to be executed at the same time, which can improve system performance by reducing the time it takes to complete tasks.
- Scalability: NVMe supports multiple queues, which allows for more efficient handling of multiple requests. This can help to improve performance and scalability in systems with large amounts of storage.
- Power efficiency: NVMe is designed to be more power-efficient than traditional storage protocols, which can help to extend battery life and reduce power consumption in portable devices.
Main Information about this Micron MTFDHAL12T8TDR-1AT1ZABYY
- Manufacturer: Micron
- Model Number or SKU # MTFDHAL12T8TDR-1AT1ZABYY
- Product Type: Solid State Drive
- Interface: PCI Express
Technical Information for 12.8TB SSD
- Storage Capacity: 12.8TB
- Form Factor: 2.5 Inch
- SSD Type: TLC
- Sector Size: 512 / 512e
- Endurance Type: Mixed Use
- Drive Interface: U.2 (SFF-8639) NVMe
- Flash Memory Type: 3d Nand Triple-level Cell (TLC)
Performance of PCI-E Solid State Drive
- Sequential Read: 3500 MBPS
- Sequential Write: 3500 MBPS
- Random Read: 850K IOPS
- Random Write: 310K IOPS
- Mtbf: 2000000 Hours
Features for Micron NVMe SSD
- Crypto erase
- Flex Capacity feature
- Up to 32 NVMe namespaces
- Power loss protection (for data in flight and at rest)
- Enterprise data path protection (user and metadata)
- Storage Executive SSD management tool
- Secure signed firmware
- Operating Supply Voltage: 3.3 V
- Minimum Operating Temperature: 0 C
- Maximum Operating Temperature: + 70 C
SSD Key Benefits
- No Read or Write Compromises: Consistently read and write up to 3.5 GB/s of sequential data.** The Micron 9300 SSDs ingest and read at industry leading speeds, leadling faster data analysis.
- Add IOPs to Your Balance Sheet: Maximize your data center investment with improved power efficiency (more than 28%) and performance.*** The Micron 9300 series saves rack/floor space and lowers license/power costs by using fewer drives to achieve more.
- HDD-Caliber Capacity, NVMe Results: Experience flexible, efficient storage utilization and multitenancy with up to 15.36TB capacity and 32 NVMe namespaces.One Size Fits All: Get more from a single part number with Micron's Flex Capacity feature, which lets you adjust SSD capacity, performance and endurance to meet your needs.
Product Dimensions And Weight
- Height: 0.6 inch
- Width: 2.7 inch
- Depth: 3.9 inch
- Weight: 0.35 lbs
This drive is compatible with servers and arrays that accept 2.5" 15mm SFF PCIe NVMe drives.
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
About New Bulk Pack Products
The PCI-e solid-state drives are high-speed expansion cards that facilitate the attachment of peripherals to a computer. Peripheral Component Interconnect Express (PCI-e) is a serial expansion bus standard. There are different sizes of PCI-e slots which are dictated by the total sum of bidirectional lanes at the slot. The PCI-e standard acts as the data transport layer in add-in cards and graphics cards.
PCI-e SSD storage is just another alternative to server-side flash deployment. Using PCI-e SSDs directly introduces flash on the server motherboard which means that a device connects to the host via a non-shared serial link. It will, therefore, eliminate bus sharing between devices. The PCI-e interface helps reduce latency and enhances the data transfer speed.
Features of PCI-e SSD Cards
Generally, PCI-e SSD card has a far better performance compared to SATA SSDs and SAS SSDs as well as the fibre channel solid-state drives. Some of the most notable versions of the PCI-e standard are the PCI-e 3.0 released back in November of 2010 and PCI-e 4.0 released back in 2017. PCI-e 4.0 offers a two-fold increase in bandwidth compared to the PCI-e 3.0 revision. The PCI-e 5.0 was released in 2019 with even greater bandwidth to support faster and more efficient performance.
Other standards released by the PCI-SIG are the NVMe (non-volatile memory express). NVMe delivers a highly optimized set of commands for easier accessing of PCI-e SSDs. NVMe is all about exploiting parallelism in PCI-e to enhance performance.
Yet another interface is the M.2 SSDs which is a smaller form factor that is designed for expansion cards that are mounted internally in high-performance workstations and servers. It's a replacement to the mSATA and carries four lanes of bandwidth of the PCI-e 3.0 standard.
We have the following wide range of storage capacities for the PCI-e SSDs to meet all your needs. The capacity options we have here at AllHDD are: 512GB, 750GB, 785GB, 800GB, 960GB, 1.6TB, 1.75TB, 1.79TB, 1.92TB, 2TB, 2.6TB, 3TB, 3.2TB, 3.5TB, 3.84TB, 4TB, 6.4TB, 7.68TB, 8TB, 12.8TB, and 15.36TB.
Overall, the lower latency allows PCI-e and NVMe SSDs to provide fast response times in processing and handling large workloads such as those associated with data warehousing and transaction processing. One of the best applications of PCI-e flash is in data centers where read and write access is in microseconds and is able to meet input/output (I/O) requirements. PCI-e SSDs help in surpassing the bottlenecks that are linked with the use of SAS and SATA SSDs especially in guaranteeing performance in frequent file transfer scenarios. The total sum of PCI-e lanes in an SSD determines the effective data transfer speeds. For example, a 16-lane PCI-e 3.0 device will easily achieve 32 Gbps transfer speeds.
Some of the drawbacks associated with the PCI-e SSDs are the prohibitive costs and high power consumption that leads to shorter battery life.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product MTFDHAL12T8TDR-1AT1ZABYY at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.