Manufacturer Part Number: 446904-001
Manufacturer Type: Motherboard
Manufacture Sub-Type: Laptop Board
Product Name: Business Notebook
Manufacturer HP Systems, Inc
Manufacturer Website Address ttp://www.hp.com
Product Model: 446904-001
HP Laptop Motherboard For 6510B And 6710B Business Notebook.
Processor & Chipset
Chipset Manufacturer: Intel
Chipset Model: 965 Express
Processor Socket: Socket 478
Integrated Processor Manufacturer: Intel
Integrated Processor Type: Core 2 Duo
Integrated Processor Model: T8100
Integrated Processor Speed: 2.10 GHz
Number of Memory Slots: 2
Memory Technology: DDR2 SDRAM
About New Bulk Pack Products
The Laptop motherboard houses the important components that make the machine function, effectively communicate, while distributing power to areas where they are needed. On the laptop motherboard, is the Central Processing Unit, device memory, drives, ports, and power IC. The motherboard synchronizes all actions within the computer and allows it to function as a single unit, despite these many components. All motherboards have an input and output unit.
The motherboard serves as a distributor of power to the many components of the laptop and through the LGA (Land Grid Array) communication channel allows these components to exchange data. Different modifications have been made to the sizes of the motherboards since the very first one was invented.
As a result of the companies involved in laptop production, each laptop motherboard has specific dimensions and ports to fit in the laptop it is produced for. That is why modifying a motherboard for a laptop is difficult and sometimes even impossible, unlike the desktop motherboard. However, it makes use of integrated components instead of expansion slots and is much more compact.
What the Laptop Motherboard Contains
Despite the fact that there is no general specification for laptop boards like the desktop board, motherboards have similar components and ports, but they can differ depending on the version and types of the laptop. For instance, the motherboard on a regular laptop and a gaming laptop are different from each other because the boards come with different parts in them which are devoted to executing different functions on the laptop. Hence, the proprietary nature of laptop motherboards makes it difficult for a one-size-fits-all approach for laptop motherboards. However, despite the irregularity in form and size of laptop motherboards, they all share key elements such as:
- CPU and cooling fan: This is the Brain of your Laptop. It is responsible for processing information. Intel has been a world-renowned producer of CPUs. The cooling system is placed on the CPU to carry away the heat.
- Memory slot: which hosts the SO-DIMM chips (that consists of the DRAM integrated circuits of which it can be any of the generations of RAM i.e. DDR, DDR2, DDR3, DDR4.
- Basic input and output system or BIOS: It is a Read-Only Memory. The core application and instruction upon which the laptop runs are stored here.
- CMOS (Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor) RAM: keeps the basic laptop configuration and data.
- Cache Memory: helps in speeding up the performance of the machine. The two types of Cache Memory are primary and secondary memory.
- Ports: power port, Ethernet, USB connectors, microSD card slot, optional Type-C port, audio jack, and an HDMI output on the edge of the laptop are connected to the edge of the motherboard. The number of ports is subject to the type of laptop.