General Information CISCO3825-V/K9 CiscoManufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
Product Series 3800
Product Model 3825
Product Name 3825 Voice Bundle
Product Type Router
Total Number of Ports 2
Management Port Yes
Token Ring Port No
Serial V.35 Interface No
Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports 2
Number of Total Expansion Slots 14
Expansion Slot Type PVDM
Expansion Slot Type AIM
Expansion Slot Type SFP (mini-GBIC)
Expansion Slot Type HWIC
Expansion Slot Type EVM
Network & Communication
Network Technology 10/100/1000Base-T
Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet
VoIP Supported Yes
Memory CISCO3825 V K9
Standard Memory 512 MB
Maximum Memory 1 GB
Memory Technology DRAM
Flash Memory 128 MB
Memory Card Supported CompactFlash (CF) Card
Dimension and Weight
Height 3.5 lnch
Width 17.1 lnch
Depth 14.7 lnch
Weight 22.93 lbs
Power DescriptionPoE (RJ-45) Port No
Input Voltage 110 V AC
Input Voltage 220 V AC
Power Source Power Supply
Redundant Power Supply Yes
About Refurbished Products
Routers lead the line as the first line of network security in homes and offices. It prevents intrusion into a network while creating a firewall to provide the highest level of security on several network types. They are the best ways of keeping computer systems, network systems, and information contained in them safe from intrusion.
A router is designed to be more capable than several other network devices such as hubs or switches that can only carry out basic network functions. For instance, a hub only transfers data between network devices without analyzing or doing anything with those data. On the other hand, routers are able to analyze data sent between network devices. They can change the packaging of such data and send it over to a different network.
Routers are the perfect devices to share an internet connection between multiple computers in home networks. A router typically connects to the modem using a network cable. Router networking occurs via a WAN port or the internet. There are also wireless routers that connect to devices using different wireless standards.
The hardware inside these routers allows them to cope with several network use at the same time. Many of these routers come with dual-core and quad-core processors. These processor options allow them to handle lots of data more effectively. Users can use their Wi-Fi routers for activities such as video streaming, online gaming, data backups, and more. Even while carrying out those operations, the routers perform at the highest levels.
Users will get routers that broadcast wireless signals over two frequencies (for dual-band) or more (for tri-band and others). These routers run at frequencies that can cover a wide expanse of area. They are not congested and are perfect for office buildings, homes, and large enterprises. Clients will find routers that emit their signals between 2.4 GHz and 5GHz.
Built-in Security Features
These router networking devices also come with security features such as device quarantine, firmware updates, automatic updates, and more. The features allow them to provide network-level protection against attacks. With these features, cybercriminals will be unable to infiltrate home networks.
Types of Routers
There are several types of routers that users can benefit from. Some of them include:
- Core Routers. These are the types used by Internet Service Providers. They are the fastest and most powerful types. They sit at the center of the internet and forward data through the main fiber Optics.
- Wireless Routers. These work in a similar manner as a home or business LAN. However, they give room for better mobility for laptops, tablets, and other portable devices. These types offer transmission over short distances.
- Enterprise Routers. These are the types employed by large companies. Organizations use enterprise routers to connect their networks to these core routers.
- Branch Routers. These types connect an enterprise's remote offices to its Wide Area Network (WAN). They come with improved features such as wireless LAN management, time-division multiplexing, WAN acceleration, and more.
- Edge Routers. These are the most commonly used types in homes and small businesses. They are low-capacity devices that connect to the public internet or private WAN, or external LAN.
- Logical Routers. They function similarly to hardware to create several network routes.