Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
Manufacturer Part Number C819HGW+7-N-K9
Manufacturer Website Address http://www.cisco.com
Brand Name Cisco
Product Series 800
Product Model C819HGW
Product Name C819HGW Wireless Integrated Services Router
Product Type Wireless Integrated Services Router
Broadband Transmission Technology Ethernet
Broadband Transmission Technology Cellular
Wireless LAN Standard IEEE 802.11n
ISM Band Yes
UNII Band Yes
ISM Maximum Frequency 2.40 GHz
UNII Maximum Frequency 5 GHz
Cellular Generation 3.9G
Cellular Network Supported GSM 850
Cellular Network Supported GSM 1900
Cellular Network Supported GSM 900
Cellular Network Supported GSM 1800
Cellular Network Supported WCDMA 2100
Cellular Network Supported WCDMA 1900
Cellular Network Supported WCDMA 900
Cellular Network Supported WCDMA 850
Cellular Data Connectivity Technology GPRS
Cellular Data Connectivity Technology EDGE
Cellular Data Connectivity Technology UMTS
Cellular Data Connectivity Technology HSDPA
Cellular Data Connectivity Technology HSPA+
Total Number of Antennas 5
Antenna Type Dipole Antenna
Wireless Transmission Speed 300 Mbps
Features GPS Capable
Features MIMO Technology
Features Quality of Service (QoS)
Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports 4
Network (RJ-11) No
PoE (RJ-45) Port No
Management Port Yes
Number of Broadband (RJ-45) Ports 1
Expansion Slots 2 x SIM Card
Network & Communication :
Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet
Network Technology 10/100/1000Base-T
Network Technology 10/100Base-TX
VoIP Supported Yes
VPN Supported Yes
Management & Protocols
Command Line Interface (CLI)
Cisco IOS Embedded Event Manager (EEM)
Cisco Security Manager
ScanSafe Web Security and Filtering
Adaptive Control Technology
Zone-Based Policy Firewall
Stateful Inspection Transparent Firewall
Advanced Application Inspection and Control
Control Plane Policing
Flexible Packet Matching
Network Foundation Protection
Power Source AC Adapter
About Refurbished Products
Routers lead the line as the first line of network security in homes and offices. It prevents intrusion into a network while creating a firewall to provide the highest level of security on several network types. They are the best ways of keeping computer systems, network systems, and information contained in them safe from intrusion.
A router is designed to be more capable than several other network devices such as hubs or switches that can only carry out basic network functions. For instance, a hub only transfers data between network devices without analyzing or doing anything with those data. On the other hand, routers are able to analyze data sent between network devices. They can change the packaging of such data and send it over to a different network.
Routers are the perfect devices to share an internet connection between multiple computers in home networks. A router typically connects to the modem using a network cable. Router networking occurs via a WAN port or the internet. There are also wireless routers that connect to devices using different wireless standards.
The hardware inside these routers allows them to cope with several network use at the same time. Many of these routers come with dual-core and quad-core processors. These processor options allow them to handle lots of data more effectively. Users can use their Wi-Fi routers for activities such as video streaming, online gaming, data backups, and more. Even while carrying out those operations, the routers perform at the highest levels.
Users will get routers that broadcast wireless signals over two frequencies (for dual-band) or more (for tri-band and others). These routers run at frequencies that can cover a wide expanse of area. They are not congested and are perfect for office buildings, homes, and large enterprises. Clients will find routers that emit their signals between 2.4 GHz and 5GHz.
Built-in Security Features
These router networking devices also come with security features such as device quarantine, firmware updates, automatic updates, and more. The features allow them to provide network-level protection against attacks. With these features, cybercriminals will be unable to infiltrate home networks.
Types of Routers
There are several types of routers that users can benefit from. Some of them include:
- Core Routers. These are the types used by Internet Service Providers. They are the fastest and most powerful types. They sit at the center of the internet and forward data through the main fiber Optics.
- Wireless Routers. These work in a similar manner as a home or business LAN. However, they give room for better mobility for laptops, tablets, and other portable devices. These types offer transmission over short distances.
- Enterprise Routers. These are the types employed by large companies. Organizations use enterprise routers to connect their networks to these core routers.
- Branch Routers. These types connect an enterprise's remote offices to its Wide Area Network (WAN). They come with improved features such as wireless LAN management, time-division multiplexing, WAN acceleration, and more.
- Edge Routers. These are the most commonly used types in homes and small businesses. They are low-capacity devices that connect to the public internet or private WAN, or external LAN.
- Logical Routers. They function similarly to hardware to create several network routes.