Data Backup and Recovery
The TH8AG-YF Quantum DLT 8000 Internal 40/80GB SCSI LVD/Se Tape Drive is a data backup and recovery device that uses digital linear tape (DLT) technology. It can store up to 40GB or 80GB of data on a single DLT tape cartridge, depending on the version. The drive connects to a computer or server through a SCSI LVD/Se interface, which allows for fast data transfer and reliable data storage.
The drive is designed for use in internal drive bays, and it can be used for backing up and restoring data on a regular basis. The DLT tape cartridges are designed for long-term storage and can be stored for up to 30 years without deterioration. This makes the TH8AG-YF Quantum DLT 8000 Internal 40/80GB SCSI LVD/Se Tape Drive an ideal solution for organizations that need to store large amounts of data for long periods of time.
The drive also includes advanced data recovery features, such as built-in error correction and data compression, which help to ensure that data is stored and retrieved accurately.
Compatible Operating Systems and Software
The TH8AG-YF Quantum DLT 8000 Internal 40/80GB SCSI LVD/Se Tape Drive is a tape drive that uses the Digital Linear Tape (DLT) technology. It has a capacity of 40GB or 80GB, depending on the configuration, and uses a Low Voltage Differential (LVD) and Single-ended (Se) interface to connect to a computer.
Compatible operating systems for this tape drive include:
- Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/7/8/10
- Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016/2019
- Linux (various distributions)
- Mac OS X
- UNIX (various distributions)
Compatible software for this tape drive includes:
- Backup software such as Symantec Backup Exec, Arcserve, and Veeam Backup & Replication
- Tape management software such as Quantum's TapeTools software
- Tape library management software such as Quantum's Scalar iBlade software
- Tape archiving software such as Quantum's LTO Ultrium Tape Library software.
It is important to note that the specific software and operating systems that the tape drive is compatible with may vary depending on the version and configuration of the tape drive. It is recommended to check with the manufacturer or the product documentation for specific compatibility information.
Maintenance and Troubleshooting
The TH8AG-YF Quantum DLT 8000 Internal 40/80GB SCSI LVD/Se Tape Drive is a high-performance tape drive that uses digital linear tape technology to store and retrieve large amounts of data. It is commonly used for backup and archival purposes in enterprise environments.
- Regular cleaning of the tape drive and its components is important to ensure proper operation and to prevent data loss. The tape drive should be cleaned every 6-12 months, or more frequently if the drive is used frequently or in a dusty environment.
- The cleaning process involves using a cleaning cartridge to remove dust and debris from the tape head and other components. The instructions for cleaning can be found in the tape drive's manual.
- The tape drive's firmware should also be kept up to date to ensure that it is compatible with the latest software and to fix any known bugs. Firmware updates can be obtained from the manufacturer's website.
- If the tape drive is not working properly, the first step is to check the connections to ensure that everything is properly connected.
- If the tape drive is not responding to commands, the problem may be with the host adapter or the SCSI cable. Check that the host adapter is properly configured and that the SCSI cable is not damaged.
- If the tape drive is not reading or writing data correctly, the problem may be with the tape itself. Check that the tape is properly loaded and that it is not damaged.
- If the tape drive is making unusual noises, it may be an indication of a mechanical problem. Check the tape head for debris or damage, and if necessary, have the drive serviced by a qualified technician.
- If you are still unable to diagnose the problem, contact the manufacturer for further assistance.
In conclusion, regular maintenance and troubleshooting are important to ensure the proper operation of the TH8AG-YF Quantum DLT 8000 Internal 40/80GB SCSI LVD/Se Tape Drive. If you are still unable to diagnose the problem, contact the manufacturer for further assistance.
- Manufacture: Quantum
- MPN: TH8AG-YF
- Type: Tape Drive
- Tape Drive Type: Tape Storage
- SKU: TH8AG-YF
- Drive Type: DLT 8000
- Compressed Storage Capacity: 80GB
- Native Storage Capacity: 40GB
- Recording Method: Linear Serpentine
- Maximum Native Data Transfer Rate: 6 MB/s
- Maximum Compressed Data Transfer Rate: 12 MB/s
Drive Interface: SCSI
About Refurbished Products
Media preservation has come a long way, and the methods of storing data over the years are ever-changing. However, one method had stood out since its invention in 1949; and that's tape storage. If you are looking for durability, low cost, longevity, energy efficiency, density, and scalability, then investing in tape storage is a smart move. Thanks to our vast collection of tape drive storage devices, you are all covered when this is what you need. Depending on your budget and storage needs, you can choose from categories including LTO - 5 Lib Expansion, LTO - 5 Rack Mount, LTO - 5 Library, LTO - 6 Library, LTO - 6 Rack Mount, LTO - 6 Lib Expansion, LTO - 6 Internal, LTO - 6 External, LTO - 6 Auto Loader, Magstar Internal, SDLT 220 External, SDLT 220 Internal, SDLT 320 External, SDLT 320 Loader, SDLT 320 Internal, SDLT 600 External, SDLT 600 Internal, SDLT 600 Loader, Storageworks Internal, Storageworks Library, Travan 10-20GB Internal, and Travan 20-40GB Internal. Tape drives present an excellent means to write data to storage and hold onto data for a couple of decades. They make an ideal medium for long-term storage and backups.
What is Tape Storage?
A tape drive is a storage device designed to store data on magnetic tape. It is primarily used for backup and archiving purposes. It functions like a tape recorder in recording data on a loop of a flexible celluloid-like medium that is readable and erasable. Tape drives operate in two ways. The first uses a linear tape technology where the heads never touch the tape or a regular helical scan where the playback and recording heads touch the tape.
Choosing a Tape Drive; Buying Guide
There are countless tape drives available on the market today; these few considerations will keep you on track when choosing one.
You'd want to go for a tape drive with the ability to complete a tape backup within your window of possibility. For instance, back up 400GB will call for a transfer rate of approximately 30GB/hour.
Tape drive manufacturers are always known to specify the drive's Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF). Check this vital information to measure the reliability of the drive. A typical example is the Travan tape drive with an MTBF of 370,000 hours at a 20% duty cycle, and running the drive longer will reduce its reliability. Depending on your needs, you can tell if this tape drive is the best or not.
A tape drive should have the capacity to store your backups, and well come at the right price. The price of the drive is a function of capacity and performance. There are continuous modifications in tape capacity; the largest capacity is always a high price. However, it would help if you considered how much value-for-money the tape drive will give you. Depending on your budget and needs, you may prefer capacity over performance and vice versa.
Choose allhdd.com for all your tape drive purchases and stand to enjoy free-ground shipping, affordability, and unbeatable customer support.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.