High-Performance of Switch
There are many different 48-port Ethernet switches available that can be classified as "high performance." The specific features and performance of a 48-port Ethernet switch will depend on the specific model and manufacturer. In general, high-performance 48-port Ethernet switches are designed to support fast network speeds and handle a high volume of traffic. They may have features such as low latency, Quality of Service (QoS), and support for advanced protocols such as VLANs and link aggregation. They may also have a variety of port types, such as copper and fiber, and may support Power over Ethernet (PoE) for powering connected devices. High-performance 48-port Ethernet switches are suitable for use in a variety of networking environments, including enterprise, service provider, and data center networks.
Power over Ethernet (PoE) Capabilities of the SGE2010P
The SGE2010P Cisco Small Business 48 Ports Stackable Ethernet Switch supports Power over Ethernet (PoE) capabilities, which allows the switch to power devices such as wireless access points, IP cameras, and VoIP phones over the Ethernet cables.
The switch supports both IEEE 802.3af and IEEE 802.3at PoE standards, which means it can provide up to 15.4 watts of power per port with IEEE 802.3af or up to 30 watts of power per port with IEEE 802.3at. This allows the switch to power a wide range of PoE-enabled devices, including high-power devices such as pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) cameras and video conferencing systems.
In addition, the SGE2010P switch supports PoE+ technology, which is a proprietary implementation of PoE that allows for even higher power delivery to devices. With PoE+, the switch can provide up to 60 watts of power per port, which makes it suitable for powering devices that require high power consumption.
Quality of Service (QoS) Configuration on the SGE2010P
To configure Quality of Service (QoS) on the SGE2010P Cisco Small Business 48 Ports Stackable Ethernet Switch, follow these steps:
- Log in to the switch using a web browser and enter the administrative credentials.
- Go to the "Quality of Service" menu under the "Advanced" tab.
- Select "Class of Service" to create traffic classes that will be assigned different priority levels based on their importance.
- Click on the "Add" button to create a new class.
- Enter a name for the class, and choose the type of traffic you want to prioritize (such as VoIP or video).
- Select the priority level for the class from the drop-down menu.
- Repeat this process for each traffic class you want to create.
- Next, go to the "Port Management" menu under the "Advanced" tab.
- Select the port on which you want to enable QoS.
- Click on the "Edit" button to access the port settings.
- Go to the "QoS" tab and select "Enable".
- Choose the "Class of Service" option and select the appropriate traffic class from the drop-down menu.
- Save the changes and repeat this process for each port on which you want to enable QoS.
By following these steps, you can configure QoS on the SGE2010P Cisco Small Business 48 Ports Stackable Ethernet Switch and ensure that critical traffic is given priority over less important traffic. This can help improve the overall performance of your network and ensure that important applications, such as VoIP or video, operate smoothly.
General Information about this Cisco SGE2010P
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU: SGE2010P
- Product Type: Ethernet Switch
- Switch layer: L2+
- Switch Type: Stackable
Interfaces / Ports for 48 Ports Manageable Switch
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Total Number of Network Ports 48
- Management Port Yes
- Number of PoE (RJ-45) Ports 24
- Stack Port Yes
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 48 x Gigabit Ethernet Network
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 4 x Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
Performance of Ethernet Switch Module
- Data Transfer Rate: 1GBPS
- Media Type Supported Twisted Pair
- Twisted Pair Cable Standard Category 5e
- Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology 10/100Base-TX
- Network Technology 10/100/1000Base-T
I/O Expansions for Layer 2 Switch
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 4
- Expansion Slot Type SFP
- Shared SFP Slot Yes
- Number of SFP Slots 4
Management & Protocols
- Manageable Yes
- Switching Protocol: Ethernet
- Routing Protocol: Static IP Routing, Static Ipv4 Routing, Igmp, Static Ipv6 Routing, Igmpv2
- Remote Management Protocol: Rmon 9, Snmp 3, Https, Ssh, Tftp, Rmon 1, Http, Telnet, Snmp 1, Rmon 3, Rmon 2, Snmp 2C, HTTP, HTTPS
- Web User Interface
- Power connector DC-in jack
- PoE (RJ-45) Port Yes
- Input Voltage 110 V AC
- Input Voltage 220 V AC
- Redundant Power Supply Yes
- Power Device: Power supply - internal
- Package Contents-
- SGE2010P Stackable Ethernet Switch With PoE
- AC power adapter with power cord
- 2 x Rack-mounting kits with 8 screws
- CD-ROM with user documentation (PDF)
- Registration card
- Console cable
- Additional Information-
- IPv4 and IPv6 supported
- Forty-eight high-speed ports optimized to support bandwidth-intensive applications
- Resilient stacking technology lets you manage multiple switches from a single configuration menu
- Power over Ethernet powers up to 24 attached devices for increased placement options
Dimensions & Weight
- Form Factor: Rack-mountable
- Width : 17.3 Inch
- Depth : 1.7 Inch
- Height : 14.7 Inch
- Weight (Approximate): 10.89 Lbs
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product SGE2010P at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.