General Information of HPE 816568-B21
- HPE 816568-B21 960GB 2.5inch Small Form Factor SAS-12GBPS Solid State Drive for ProLiant Servers
- Part Number or SKU # 816568-B21
- Manufacturer : HPE
- Type : Solid State Drive (SSD)
- Interface Type : SAS-12GBPS
Technical Information of 960GB SAS-12GBPS
- Type of SSD : Hot-Swap Solid State Drive
- Capacity : 960GB
- Form Factor : 2.5inch
- Plug Type : Hot Pluggable
- Carrier Type : Smart Carrier (SC)
- Workload Type : Write Intensive
- Bundled with: HPE Smart Carrier
Performance of Intensive SSD
- Drive Transfer Rate: 1.2 GBps (external)
- MAX Seq. Reads Throughput (MiB/s): 940
- MAX Seq. Writes Throughput (MiB/s): 900
- Random Read Average Latency uSec (4KiB,Q1): 120
- Random Write Average Latency uSec (4KiB,Q1): 40
- Random Read IOPS (4KiB, Q=16): 110000
- Random Write IOPS (4KiB, Q=16): 30000
- Max Random Read IOPS (4KiB): 150000@Q64
- Max Random Write IOPS (4KiB): 30000@Q4
Product Dimensions & Weight
- Height : 0.63 inch
- Width : 3.10 inch
- Depth : 5.45 inch
- Weight : 1.50 lbs
- HPE ProLiant XL Series: XL230a Gen9 NHPE Compute Tray (12G)
- HPE ProLiant BL Series: BL420c Gen8 , BL460c Gen9 BL460c Gen9 Base , BL460c Gen9 Entry , BL460c Gen9 Performance , BL465c Gen8
- HPE ProLiant DL Series: DL120 Gen9 , DL120 Gen9 Entry , DL180 Gen9, DL180 Gen9 Base , DL180 Gen9 Entry, DL180 Gen9 Storage DL560 Gen9 , DL560 Gen9 Base , DL560 Gen9 Entry , DL560 Gen9 Performance
- HPE ProLiant ML Series: , ML310e Gen8 Performance , ML310e Gen8 v2 , ML310e Gen8 v2 Base , ML310e Gen8 v2 Entry , ML310e Gen8 v2 Performance
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
Users who prefer faster transfer rates and improved system response would find SAS 12GBPS SSDs handy. These drives are suitable for use in enterprise servers and storage arrays. They can process large workloads that require high input/output and low latency. SAS 12GBPS SSDs are one of the most improved storage devices for server virtualization, high-end computing, and data analytics.
These drives support dual-port operation with features that improve reliability. These features include advanced error correction, high signal quality, data integrity technology, and several others. They use higher signal voltages with end-to-end integrity, offering better data speed than SATA drives, and supporting multiple data paths.
Ultra-Fast & Consistent Performance
As SSDs continue to expand in the memory market, the SAS solid-state drives seek to leverage the 12GBPs architecture to offer high-level performance. The design of these drives allows them to carry out several operations effectively. Server virtualization, tiering, high-performance computing, and data analytics have never been faster.
These drives have steady performance specs to allow them to carry out sequential activities. Users will find SAS SSDs with form factors within the range of 1.8" and 3.5", making them a compact option. The SAS 12GBPS comes with a multi-path connection which provides room for fail-over redundancy. With this, users can be sure that there will be no single point of failure.
Furthermore, they feature advanced SAS error-control that ensures high-level error correction and data protection. There is also an error-recovery technology combination that helps to protect user data and prevent data loss.
Built for Data-Intensive & Energy Saving Applications
The virtual storage systems and servers in today's world demand a high level of data use. Bulky data requirements are needed for hybrid cloud environments and database systems. SAS 12GBPS SSDs are built to handle these data-intensive operations. Users will find SAS SSDs that offer capacities up to 30.72TB.
There are other lesser and more affordable capacity offerings available today. These provide data centers, analysts, and computing enthusiasts with more data storage options. Users will not need to buy several drives, thereby saving costs and rack spaces.
Also, these SAS 12GBPS SSDs come in various endurance ratings, depending on the operations they are used for. They also have different settings, which range from ultra-low to high. The ultra-low-power mode, for instance, helps users to maximize energy-saving while offering improved performance.
Features of SAS 12GBPS
- Ultra-fast performance for demanding enterprise operations
- Endurance build to match a variety of workloads
- Reduce data access wait times when used for complex workloads
- Offer the highest level of reliability and scalability
- Safeguard data against undetectable power losses and unexpected data corruption
- First-in-class storage density
- Ensure data integrity with topnotch error detection and correction technology
- Ensure data constant data availability for crucial systems.
- High-level enterprise operations with data-intensive workloads
- External enterprise solutions for servers
- Hyperscale operations
- Cloud data centers for bulk storage
- Centralized surveillance systems
- Backup and restore enterprise virtual tape
- High-capacity RAID storage