Detail DescriptionManufacturer: Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
Option Part Number: P06198-B21
Spare Part Number: P06573-001
Model Number: VK001920GWTHC
Assembly Number: P04954-003
Type: Hot-Swap Solid State Drive
Capacity: 1.92 TB
Form Factor: 2.5 Inch SFF
SSD Type: SATA 6GBPS
Plug Type: Hot Pluggable
Carrier Type: Smart Carrier (SC)
Workload Type: Read Intensive
Features: Digitally Signed Firmware
Bundled with: HPE Smart Carrier
Platform Supported: HPE ProLiant Rack/Tower/Blade System Servers/Synergy
Height: 7 mm
PerformanceLifetime Writes: 3100
Endurance DWPD (Drive Writes Per Day): 0.9
Drive Transfer Rate (External): 6 GB/sec
Random Read IOPS (4KiB, Q=16): 55500
Max Random Read IOPS (4KiB): 56000@Q32
Random Write IOPS (4KiB, Q=16): 31000
Max Random Write IOPS (4KiB): 32500@Q4
Power:Power Requirement: 0.81 Watts
Dimensions & WeightHeight: 0.63inch
Weight: 1.50 lbs
Compatibility InformationHPE ProLiant DL Series: DL20 Gen10 (2.5 Inch), DL20 Gen10 Entry (2.5 Inch), DL20 Gen10 Performance (2.5 Inch), DL20 Gen10 solution (2.5 Inch), DL380 Gen9 (2.5 Inch), DL380 Gen9 Base (2.5 Inch), DL380 Gen9 Entry (2.5 Inch), DL380 Gen9 High Performance (2.5 Inch), DL380 Gen9 Performance (2.5 Inch), DL380 Gen9 Scale-up SAP HANA Tailored Datacenter Integration Compute Block (2.5 Inch), DL380 Gen9 Special (2.5 Inch)
HPE ProLiant ML Series: ML30 Gen10 (2.5 Inch), ML30 Gen10 Entry (2.5 Inch), ML30 Gen10 Performance (2.5 Inch), ML30 Gen10 Solution (2.5 Inch)
HPE ProLiant XL Series: XL270d Gen10 (2.5 Inch), XL270d Gen9 (2.5 Inch)
About New Bulk Pack Products
With the SAS 6Gbps SSD, you can use the same slots as with a hard disk drive that had the SAS interface. Check through our product offering for SAS SSDs in the 3Gbps, 6Gbps, and 12Gbps bandwidth options as well as either the 2.5-inch or the 3.5-inch form factors.
The SAS 6Gbps SSD is chiefly used for enterprise server applications. They are also suited for storage arrays that have application workloads that require high input/output (I/O), low latency, and high availability. If your business is based upon data analytics, online transaction processing, server virtualization, and high-performance computing, the SAS 6Gbps SSD is an excellent choice.
Notable features of the SAS 6Gbps SSD based on the serial attachment SCSI standard include:
- Performance: The data transfer speeds/rates in and out of storage will readily exceed 6Gbps (600MB/s throughput) and support full-duplex transmissions and advanced command queuing. This makes SAS 6Gbps SSD ideal for servers and workstations that require high data read/write speeds.
- Storage capacity: Even though the SAS technology is not big on storage capacity, there are still plenty of options to achieve collective storage capacity through a combination of both multiple SATA and SAS drives. We have the following capacities: 200GB, 300GB, 400GB, 480GB, 800GB, 920GB, 960GB, 1.6TB, 1.92TB, 2TB, 3.84TB, 4TB, and 7.68TB.
- Flexibility: The flexibility in using the SAS 6Gbps comes with backward compatibility with SCSI standards and the physical and software compatibility on SATA drives.
- Scalability: The SAS 6Gbps offers a wide address range to support connections to external storage systems and other devices using long cables and small connectors.
- Reliability: It is highly possible to implement point-to-point connections, redundancy paths, and dual active port support with the SAS 6Gbps drives. The durability of the drives which is denoted as the meantime before failure (MTBF) is 1.2 to 1.6 million hours. The support of multiple data paths allows for greater availability and high-performance levels. In addition, the multiple data paths support data path redundancy.
- RAID technology: SAS technology makes use of SCSI technology, which incorporates a redundant array of independent disks (RAID) to prevent data loss. The RAID technology is critical for servers and workstations that process many transfers of temporary data. SAS technology employs multiple circuitry that allows data to be rerouted to a secondary circuit if the primary circuit fails.
The SAS 6Gbps will offer faster data transfer rates, easily achieving 600MB/s throughput. Compared to SATA SSDs, the SAS 6Gbps supports the dual-port operation and plenty of built-in features that include RAID technology for data integrity, advanced error correction, and high signal quality on the cable with all work to improve reliability.
SAS 6GBps drives have a higher signal voltage that supports a good overall end-to-end data integrity at double the speed on SATA drives. You will get high availability and better data path redundancy. This high capacity SAS SSD is ideal for read-intensive workloads.