Type: Solid State Drive
Sub-Type: SATA 3GBPS
Storage Capacity:80 GB
Product Dimensions & Weight
Height: 0.63 inch
Width: 3.10 inch
Depth: 5.45 inch
Weight: 1.50 lbs
About Refurbished Products
Are you looking for a hard drive, especially to boost performance and expand storage capacity? Some of the reasons for wanting to buy a SATA solid-state drive include: the need for bigger storage space, performance issues such as taking longer to simply open documents or export large files such as videos, or you are building a new PC.
We recommend that you understand why you need a new drive before getting a SATA SSD. Some of the considerations include storage capacities, technical requirements, and budgetary considerations. It is always good to have different types of hard drives based on the benefits and drawbacks associated with each type.
Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA or Serial ATA) interface is almost a default on a majority of drives based on its lower cost and large storage capacity. They offer greater value in terms of storage capacity and are suited for applications that do not require high read or write speeds. SATA interface replaced the parallel ATA (PATA) interface offering an increased data transfer rate of up to 6 Gbps and a throughput of 600 MB/s owing to the serial paired lines. SATA has backward compatibility with PATA owing to the ATA/ATAPI command set. The implementation of SATA happens in the connectors on the drives and motherboards as well as the SATA cables.
On the other hand, solid-state drives use non-volatile flash memory and do not have mechanical parts. SATA SSD implies that it is a solid-state drive with SATA connectors and happens to be more expensive compared to SATA HDDs. Generally, SSDs are faster, more durable, and have form factors that make them ideal for use in laptops. The speeds and sizes of specific SSDs are dependent on the manufacturer and form factor.
Other features of the SATA SSDs include:
- Read/Write Speeds: SATA SSDs have faster reads and writes in the storage of data. The write speeds are comparatively greater than the read speeds that make the drives best suited for transferring data into storage. Overall, SATA is best suited for large data capacities that will not be accessed on a regular basis.
- Storage Capacity: SATA SSDs have better and large storage capacity. The 2.5" form factor ideal for use in laptops offering adequate storage capacity and durability is readily available. We have solid-state drive SATA options ranging in size from 32GB, 50GB, 64GB, and up to 1TB, 1.2TB, and 3.8TB.
- Price: We have SATA SSDs that generally offer good value for money per GB of storage.
- Easier Connections: Since SATA interfaces have thinner cables, it becomes easy and manageable to ensure improved airflow within the server cabinet. You get more flexibility in assembling a system since SATA cables are longer.
- Hot Plugging: The SATA interface supports the removal of drives from a PC or server without having to perform a complete shutdown.
- Low Energy Consumption: SATA SSDs are energy efficient which helps save battery resources and makes them ideal for laptop computers.