Overview of the X8DTU-F Supermicro Server Motherboard
The X8DTU-F Supermicro Server Motherboard is a high-performance server motherboard designed for use in enterprise-level server systems. It is based on the Intel 5520 chipset and supports Intel Xeon 5600 and 5500 series processors, with up to 192GB of DDR3 memory. The motherboard features eight memory slots and supports memory speeds of up to 1333 MHz. It also has six 3.0 Gb/s SATA ports and one SAS port, providing flexible storage options. The motherboard also features dual Gigabit Ethernet ports and supports PCI-Express 2.0 expansion. Additionally, it has advanced power management features and supports Intel's Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) instruction set for improved performance. The X8DTU-F Supermicro Server Motherboard is a reliable, high-performance solution for data centers and other enterprise-level server systems.
Features of the X8DTU-F Supermicro Server Motherboard
- Intel 5520 chipset and support for Intel Xeon 5600 and 5500 series processors
- Up to 192GB of DDR3 memory with eight memory slots and support for memory speeds of up to 1333 MHz
- Six 3.0 Gb/s SATA ports and one SAS port for flexible storage options
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports for high-speed network connectivity
- PCI-Express 2.0 expansion slots for adding additional hardware
- Advanced power management features for energy efficiency
- Support for Intel's Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) instruction set for improved performance
- Reliable and durable design for use in enterprise-level server systems
- Onboard IPMI 2.0 with virtual media over LAN and KVM-over-LAN support
- BIOS recovery feature
- Remote management capability
- High-availability feature
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header
- RoHS compliant
The X8DTU-F Supermicro Server Motherboard is a high-performance, feature-rich motherboard designed for use in enterprise-level server systems. It offers a wide range of features that make it an ideal solution for data centers, high-performance computing, and other demanding server applications.
Installation of the X8DTU-F Supermicro Server Motherboard
Installing the X8DTU-F Supermicro Server Motherboard requires some technical knowledge and should only be performed by experienced technicians. Here is a general guide for the installation process:
- Begin by unpacking the motherboard and checking that all components are present and undamaged.
- Remove the old motherboard from the server case, being sure to ground yourself to prevent static discharge damage to the new motherboard.
- Place the new motherboard into the case, aligning it with the standoffs that are already in place.
- Carefully screw the motherboard into place using the screws provided.
- Connect the front panel connectors, including the power switch, reset switch, and LED indicators.
- Connect the USB, audio, and other front panel connectors to the appropriate headers on the motherboard.
- Connect the power supply connectors to the motherboard, including the 24-pin ATX main power connector and the 8-pin ATX 12V power connector.
- Install the processor and memory into the appropriate slots on the motherboard.
- Connect the SATA and SAS data cables to the appropriate ports on the motherboard and to the storage devices.
- Connect the Ethernet cables to the appropriate ports on the motherboard and to the network switch.
- Install any additional expansion cards, such as PCI-Express cards, into the appropriate slots on the motherboard.
- Power on the server and check for any error messages or issues during the boot process.
- Configure the BIOS settings, including the system clock, memory timings, and other settings as necessary.
- Install the operating system and necessary drivers and software.
It's important to follow the instruction manual and guidelines that came with the motherboard, as the process may vary depending on the specific model and components. Also, it's recommended to be familiar with the components, tools, and procedures before starting the installation process.
Memory support of the X8DTU-F Supermicro Server Motherboard
The X8DTU-F Supermicro Server Motherboard supports up to 192GB of DDR3 memory, with eight memory slots that can support memory speeds of up to 1333 MHz. The motherboard supports both ECC and non-ECC memory, and it is important to use memory that is compatible with the motherboard and the processor.
It supports the following memory configurations:
- 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB and 192GB using 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB DDR3 ECC or non-ECC memory modules.
- Memory must be populated in pairs
- Quad channel memory architecture
It's important to use memory that is compatible with the motherboard and the processor in order to ensure proper functioning of the system. It's recommended to consult the motherboard's manual or the Supermicro website for the list of approved memory modules for the X8DTU-F.
General Information about this Supermicro X8DTU-F
- Manufacturer: Supermicro
- Model Number or SKU# X8DTU-F
- Product Type: Server Board
- Product Name: LGA 1366
Technical Information of 6GBPS Motherboard
- Processor Socket: Socket B LGA-1366
- Total Processor Supported: 2
- Processor Supported: Xeon Dual-Core, Xeon Quad-core
Memory for Server Board
- Number of Memory Slots: 12
- Maximum Memory: 96 GB
- Memory Speed Supported: 1.33 GHz, 1.07 GHz, 800 MHz
- Memory Technology: DDR3 SDRAM
Network & Communication of 192GB Motherboard
- Controller Type: Serial ATA/300
- RAID Supported: Yes
- VGA: Yes
- RAID Levels: 0, 1, 5, 1+0
- Gigabit Ethernet: Yes
About Refurbished Products
The server motherboard coordinates and houses the vital components of the server from the CPU (Central Processing Unit) to the chipset, the PCIe slots, and all the RDIMM sockets. It can also be called a multiprocessor or systems board. A server motherboard hosts communications between the Server CPU and other systems connected to the server via a network which could be a server database, applications server, or web server. The server motherboard unlike a desktop motherboard typically has more than one microprocessor due to the workload as a lot of processes are always running in the background. Hence, it has more cores and threads for efficient data processing.
Server Board Components
- CPU support: these days, the memory controller is built directly into the CPU, therefore allowing it to support different memory speeds. That is why CPU count and the CPU type become important. For instance, Intel's Motherboard is only compatible with Intel processors. Hence, an LGA 771 CPU must be installed on an LGA 771 motherboard.
- Processor slots: Some motherboards can have two or more processors. Subject to server and processor type, the installation of the processor could be in a ZIF socket, a single-processor cartridge, or a patented multiprocessor cartridge. These days, server processors are socketed. Server boards based on ATX, BTX, and other form factors can also support up to 4 processors as the motherboard to be used in a server is influenced by the number of processors.
- Chipset: Although your motherboard may have a similar form factor with another server board, the components for compatibility depend on the chipset of the motherboard itself. It is made up of the north and south bridges. The northbridge is the chip controlling the channel of communication between the CPU, Memory, PCIe, and the southbridge. While the southbridge connects the input and output devices like the USBs, SATA, Bus, and others. It also regulates power management. Some server boards also have other chips for more functions like network control, PCI-X control, etc. The server motherboard's chipset supports memory ECC (error-correcting code) and Registered SDRAM and DDR RAM. It also supports PCI-X expansion slots
- iv.DIMM (RAM) sockets
At ALLHDD, you will find the best server motherboards for the following servers and sockets: PowerEdge, ProLiant, Socket 1150, Socket 2011, Socket 604, Socket R3, and others.
Also, we have components for:
- Blade server: this is a server used as a channel between programs, and systems amongst others. We have the most compatible versions of the server board for this machine, so check our catalog.
- BladeCenter: we also offer server boards for BladeCenter servers. Such as 68Y8163 IBM - System Board.
- LGA 1150: we also offer server boards with the Socket H3, a product for Intel's central processing units (CPUs).
- LGA 1366: the socket B whose number of pins is indicated by 1366, this is a motherboard produced by Intel. If you need a server board that's compatible with this socket check out X8DTU-F Supermicro Dual LGA1366 Server Board.
- LGA 2011: better known as socket R and produced by intel as a replacement for Socket B. it has its memory controller and PCIe integrated into the CPU. For server boards compatible with this socket, check out our stock.
Check our server motherboards categories and other server products now, or contact our customer support if you need assistance.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.