Data Backup and Recovery
The Western Digital 4TB Gigabit ENET Cloud Storage NAS System (WDBCTL0080HWT) offers several options for data backup and recovery. Some of the key features include:
- Automatic Backup: The WDBCTL0080HWT supports automatic backup of all data on the system to a connected USB drive or other external storage device. This ensures that important data is always protected, even in the event of a system failure.
- Cloud Backup: The WDBCTL0080HWT can also be configured to back up data to popular cloud services such as Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure, and Google Drive. This allows you to store data off-site and protect against data loss due to physical disasters.
- RAID Support: The WDBCTL0080HWT supports RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10, which are all data protection methods that can help protect against data loss due to hard drive failure.
- Time Machine Backup: The WDBCTL0080HWT supports Time Machine Backup, which allows you to back up your Mac computers to the NAS.
- Remote Backup: The WDBCTL0080HWT also allows you to schedule and perform backups remotely, via the My Cloud mobile app or web access, so you can backup your files from anywhere.
- Snapshot: The WDBCTL0080HWT also supports snapshot feature, which allows you to take a point-in-time copy of your data, which can be used to quickly restore your data in case of data loss.
The WDBCTL0080HWT offers several options for data backup and recovery, including automatic backup to an external drive, cloud backup, RAID support, Time Machine Backup, Remote Backup, and Snapshot feature.
Security and Access Control
The Western Digital 4TB Gigabit ENET Cloud Storage NAS System (WDBCTL0080HWT) offers several options for securing and controlling access to the data stored on the system. Some of the key features include:
- User and Group Management: The WDBCTL0080HWT allows for the creation of multiple user accounts and groups, each with different levels of access and permissions. This allows you to control who can access and modify specific files and folders.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): The WDBCTL0080HWT supports access control lists (ACLs), which allow you to set fine-grained permissions for users and groups on specific files and folders.
- SMB/CIFS, NFS, and FTP: The WDBCTL0080HWT supports multiple protocols for accessing and sharing files, including SMB/CIFS, NFS, and FTP. This allows you to control access to the data stored on the system based on the protocol used to access it.
- HTTPS and SSL: The WDBCTL0080HWT supports HTTPS and SSL for secure web access, which encrypts all data transmitted between the system and a web browser.
- Firewall: The WDBCTL0080HWT also has built-in firewall that allows you to control incoming and outgoing network traffic, which helps to protect the system from unauthorized access.
- Two-Factor Authentication: The WDBCTL0080HWT also supports two-factor authentication to provide an additional layer of security by requiring a one-time passcode in addition to a username and password.
- Encryption: The WDBCTL0080HWT also supports encryption on the NAS and on the drive level, that allows you to protect your data with a password, adding an extra layer of security.
RAID Options and Data Protection
RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks) is a technology that allows multiple physical hard drives to be combined into a single logical drive. This can provide several benefits, including increased storage capacity, improved performance, and enhanced data protection.
The Western Digital 4TB Gigabit ENET Cloud Storage NAS System (WDBCTL0080HWT) supports multiple RAID options, including:
- RAID 1: RAID 1 creates a mirror of all data on the system across two hard drives. This means that if one drive fails, the data can still be accessed from the second drive. This is known as redundancy and helps protect against data loss due to hard drive failure.
- RAID 5: RAID 5 stripes data across multiple drives and also uses a parity bit to provide fault tolerance. This means that if one drive fails, the data can still be accessed from the remaining drives and the system will continue to function.
- RAID 10: RAID 10 is a combination of RAID 1 and RAID 0, which creates a mirror of the data and then stripes that data across multiple drives. This provides the benefits of both RAID 1 and RAID 0, including redundancy and improved performance.
RAID options and data protection are a way to safeguard your data by creating copies of it and storing them in different physical locations. The WDBCTL0080HWT supports RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10 which are all data protection methods that can help protect against data loss due to hard drive failure.
- Brand: Western Digital
- MPN : WDBCTL0080HWT
- Type: External Storage
- Sub-Type: Storage Devices
A Network-Attached Storage (NAS) is an external device connected to a computer network that offers data to all the users on that network. It is a server packed with many storage drives and serves many purposes in any system. If you are to improve the performance of your system, then you can try out with the best NAS brands. Your business or organization might be needing them more than you had imagined.
Cost-Effective Way of Adding Storage Space
As your business grows, you will need more data storage space, and cannot be in a single computer. What if your organization is decentralized, and you need one centralized storage space? Do you think it is still possible to have data stored in a local computer? Network-attached computer storage devices make it possible for all users to access data remotely at any time.
It is very cost-effective to buy and install storage devices, but you need to know that some of these NAS devices do not come with storage drives. You might be required to purchase them separately and install them in the disk bays.
High Data Storage Capacity
Depending on the computer storage devices you choose, you can create your mini-cloud with a high storage capacity. For example, the Western Digital NAS can have up to 16TB hard disk drives, and the HP StoreEasy NAS device has a capacity of 48TB of SATA 3.5" disk drives. In short, you can create computer storage devices of the preferred capacity. You need to know what data storage drives you will use and business needs before making a final decision.
Automated Cloud Backup
Network-attached storage devices are an excellent data backup solution for your business. Instead of renting expensive cloud services, you can rely on these devices to back up your data. Being remotely located, they are shielded from data disasters through malware attacks or physical damage. If your NAS device is constantly connected to the internet, you will need better security options.
Space-Saving and Reduced Hardware Costs
Running SMBs may be costly, especially if you have to set up a data center for every department or branch. Having all the data in one place and permit remote access is much cheaper and saves a lot of space. Buy NAS devices from your favorite brand at ALLHDD. We are ready to help you get the right computer storage devices that your organization badly needs. Contact us for more detail.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.