Advanced Security Features
The WS-C3650-12X48UQ-E Cisco Catalyst 3650 48 Ports Switch has several advanced security features that provide a high level of network protection and control. Some of these features include:
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): The switch supports both IPv4 and IPv6 ACLs, allowing administrators to control network access based on IP address, protocol, and port number.
- IEEE 802.1X Authentication: This feature allows the switch to authenticate users before granting them access to the network. It supports both Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) and Terminal Access Controller Access Control System Plus (TACACS+) authentication methods.
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Snooping: This feature prevents rogue DHCP servers from providing incorrect IP addresses to devices on the network. It also helps prevent denial-of-service (DoS) attacks by limiting the number of DHCP requests per second.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The switch supports a wide range of QoS features, including traffic shaping, priority queuing, and congestion management. This allows administrators to prioritize critical network traffic, such as voice and video, to ensure optimal performance.
- Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE): This feature provides a comprehensive policy-based security solution that integrates with the switch to provide network access control and security. It allows administrators to set up policies based on user identity, device type, and location.
- Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) Media Endpoint Discovery (MED): This feature allows the switch to discover and identify the type of device connected to it, such as a VoIP phone, access point, or IP camera. This allows administrators to apply specific policies and QoS settings based on the type of device.
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Encryption: The switch supports AES and SSL encryption, which helps protect network data from unauthorized access or modification.
- Cisco TrustSec: This feature provides end-to-end security, including identity-based access control, security group access control, and security group tagging. It helps ensure that only authorized users and devices have access to the network.
Simplifying Network Management
The WS-C3650-12X48UQ-E Cisco Catalyst 3650 48 Ports Switch simplifies network management by providing a range of features and capabilities that make it easy to configure and maintain a large-scale network.
One of the key features of this switch is the Cisco DNA Center software, which provides a centralized management platform for all Cisco devices on the network. This software allows network administrators to easily monitor, troubleshoot, and configure devices from a single interface, reducing the time and effort required to manage the network.
The switch also supports Cisco StackWise-160 technology, which allows multiple switches to be stacked together and managed as a single entity. This simplifies the management of large networks by reducing the number of devices that need to be configured and monitored.
Additionally, the switch supports advanced security features such as advanced threat protection, access control, and network segmentation, which help to protect the network from external threats and unauthorized access. This further simplifies network management by reducing the need for complex security configurations.
Network Connectivity options
The WS-C3650-12X48UQ-E Cisco Catalyst 3650 48 Ports Switch offers various network connectivity options, including:
- 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports: The switch has 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports that can be used to connect devices such as servers, workstations, and other network devices. These ports support both 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet speeds.
- 4 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports: The switch also has 4 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports that can be used to connect high-speed devices such as storage arrays and servers. These ports support 10Gbps Ethernet speeds.
- 2 40 Gigabit Ethernet ports: The switch also has 2 40 Gigabit Ethernet ports that can be used to connect devices that require high-speed connectivity, such as core switches and servers. These ports support 40Gbps Ethernet speeds.
- 2 100 Gigabit Ethernet ports: The switch also has 2 100 Gigabit Ethernet ports that can be used to connect devices that require extremely high-speed connectivity, such as core switches and servers. These ports support 100Gbps Ethernet speeds.
- Fiber optic connectivity: The switch also supports fiber optic connectivity through the use of SFP and SFP+ transceivers. This allows for longer distance connectivity and higher bandwidth transmission.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE): The switch also supports PoE, which allows devices such as IP phones and wireless access points to be powered through the Ethernet cable.
General InformationManufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
Manufacturer Part Number WS-C3650-12X48UQ-E
Product Line Catalyst
Product Series 3650
Product Model C3650-12X48UQ-E
Product Name Catalyst C3650-12X48UQ-E Layer 3 Switch
Product Type Layer 3 Switch
Interfaces/PortsTotal Number of Network Ports 48
Uplink Port Yes
Stack Port Yes
Port/Expansion Slot Details 4 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
Port/Expansion Slot Details 12 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet Network
Port/Expansion Slot Details 36 x Gigabit Ethernet Network
PerformanceMedia Type Supported Twisted Pair
Media Type Supported Optical Fiber
Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet
Ethernet Technology 10 Gigabit Ethernet
Network Technology 10/100/1000Base-TX
Network Technology 10GBase-T
Network Technology 10GBase-X
Number of Total Expansion Slots 4
Expansion Slot Type SFP+
Shared SFP Slot No
Number of SFP+ Slots 4
Network & Communication
Layer Supported 3
Management & Protocols
Power Description:Power Source Power Supply
Redundant Power Supply Supported Yes
Dimensions & Weight
Compatible Rack Unit 1U
Form Factor Rack-mountable
Height 1.7 Inch
Width 19.1 Inch
Depth 17.5 Inch
Weight (Approximate) 17.75 Lb
What's in the box-
Catalyst C3650-12X48UQ-E Layer 3 Switch
Environmentally Friendly Yes
Environmental Certification RoHS-5
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product WS-C3650-12X48UQ-E at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.