Features and Benefits of 48 Ports Manageable Switch
The WS-C3650-48FWQ-S Cisco Catalyst switch is a 48-port managed switch that provides advanced features for enterprise-level networks. Some key features and benefits of this switch include:
- 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports with PoE+ support, allowing for high-speed connectivity and power to devices such as IP phones and wireless access points
- Advanced security features, including control plane security, access control lists, and 802.1X authentication
- Support for Cisco StackWise-160 technology, which enables stacking of up to nine switches for simplified management and increased scalability
- Support for Cisco's Application Visibility and Control (AVC) feature, which allows for granular visibility and control of application traffic
- Support for EnergyWise technology, which enables power management and monitoring of connected devices
- Dual-redundant, modular power supplies and fans for increased reliability and availability
- Cisco IOS XE Software, a flexible, programmable network operating system that provides advanced features such as automation and analytics.
This switch is ideal for use in enterprise-level networks that require high-speed connectivity, advanced security, and scalability.
Best practices for deploying of Layer 3 Switch
- Plan the network layout: Before deploying the WS-C3650-48FWQ-S Cisco Catalyst switch, it is important to plan the network layout and determine where the switch will be placed in the network. This will help ensure that the switch is placed in the optimal location for network performance and ease of management.
- Configure the switch: Before deploying the switch, it is important to configure the switch with the appropriate settings such as IP address, VLANs, and port configurations. This can be done using the Cisco IOS command line interface or using a web-based management interface.
- Test the switch: Once the switch is configured, it is important to test the switch to ensure that it is working properly and that all ports are configured correctly. This can be done by connecting devices to the switch and testing connectivity.
- Document the network: It is important to document the network layout and switch configurations to ensure that the network can be easily managed and troubleshooted in the future. This can be done using network diagrams and configuration files.
- Monitor the switch: Once the switch is deployed, it is important to monitor the switch to ensure that it is working properly and to detect any issues that may arise. This can be done using monitoring tools such as Cisco Prime or SolarWinds.
- Update the firmware: Keep the switch updated with the latest firmware, to fix any bugs and vulnerabilities.
- Backup the configurations: Regularly backup the configurations of the switch, to quickly restore in case of any issues.
Network Connectivity of Ethernet Switch
The WS-C3650-48FWQ-S Cisco Catalyst 48 Ports Ethernet Switch provides 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports with PoE+ support and 4 x 1G SFP uplink ports. It also has advanced security features such as Access Control Lists (ACLs) and Network Admission Control (NAC) for network segmentation and secure access. It supports Cisco StackWise-480 technology for stacking multiple switches together to form a single logical unit and simplify network management. Additionally, it supports Cisco EnergyWise for power management and monitoring of network devices. Overall, the WS-C3650-48FWQ-S provides robust network connectivity options for enterprise and campus environments.
Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
Manufacturer Part Number WS-C3650-48FWQ-S
Brand Name Cisco
Product Line Catalyst
Product Series 3650
Product Model 3650-48F
Product Name Catalyst 3650-48F Layer 3 Switch
Product Type Layer 3 Switch
Stack Port Yes
Total Number of Network Ports 48
Number of PoE+ (RJ-45) Ports 48
Port/Expansion Slot Details 4 x Gigabit Ethernet Uplink
Port/Expansion Slot Details 48 x Gigabit Ethernet Network
Media & Performance
Media Type Supported Twisted Pair
Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet
Network Technology 10/100/1000Base-T
Number of Total Expansion Slots 4
Expansion Slot Type SFP
Network & Communication
Layer Supported 4
Management & Protocols
PoE (RJ-45) Port No
Input Voltage 220 V AC
Input Voltage 110 V AC
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product WS-C3650-48FWQ-S at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.