More Features of this Item
The WS-X6748-SFP is a Cisco Catalyst 6000 48-port Gigabit Ethernet Fabric Module. It is designed to provide high-speed, Gigabit Ethernet connectivity for the Cisco Catalyst 6000 series switches. The module supports 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports, which can be configured as either SFP or SFP+ ports. The SFP ports support both standard and enhanced SFPs, and the SFP+ ports support both standard and enhanced SFP+ modules. This allows for a flexible and scalable network infrastructure that can adapt to changing network requirements.
The module also supports advanced features such as Quality of Service (QoS), security, and network management. QoS allows for the prioritization of different types of traffic, ensuring that critical data is transmitted more quickly and efficiently. Security features such as Access Control Lists (ACLs) and Virtual LANs (VLANs) can be used to control access to the network and segment it into different virtual networks. Network management features such as Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and CiscoWorks allow for the monitoring and management of the network from a central location.
Scalable and Reliable Networking
The WS-X6748-SFP Cisco Catalyst 48 Ports Managed Switch is designed for scalable and reliable networking. Some of the features that enable this include:
- High port density: With 48 ports, the switch can support a large number of devices, making it suitable for growing networks.
- High-performance switching: The switch supports wire-speed switching, which means that it can handle a large amount of network traffic without any performance degradation.
- StackWise and StackWise Plus technology: This allows multiple switches to be stacked together for increased scalability and redundancy, which can be useful for growing networks.
- Cisco StackPower technology: This allows power to be shared between multiple switches in a stack, which can increase the availability of the network.
- Cisco IOS Software: This is a powerful operating system that provides a wide range of features and capabilities, including security, QoS, and IPv6 support.
- Advanced Quality of Service (QoS): This feature allows you to prioritize network traffic, which can help ensure that critical applications receive the bandwidth they need.
- Cisco EnergyWise: This feature allows you to monitor and control energy consumption, which can help reduce costs and improve the sustainability of your network.
- Cisco Security features: This switch supports several security features such as Access Control Lists (ACLs), IEEE 802.1x port-based authentication, and Secure Shell (SSH) for secure remote management.
These features make the WS-X6748-SFP switch suitable for a variety of networking environments, from small to large enterprises.
The model Cisco Catalyst 6000 48-Ports Gigabit Ethernet Fabric Module is compliant with several standards, including IEEE 802.3 and IEEE 802.3z.
IEEE 802.3 is a standard that specifies the physical layer and Media Access Control (MAC) layer of the Ethernet protocol. It defines the physical characteristics of the Ethernet cable and the format of the data that is transmitted over the cable. The WS-X6748-SFP module is compliant with IEEE 802.3, which means it can be used to connect devices that conform to the standard.
IEEE 802.3z is a standard that defines the Gigabit Ethernet protocol. It specifies the physical layer and MAC layer for Gigabit Ethernet, which is a faster version of Ethernet that supports data rates of 1 Gbps. This module is compliant with IEEE 802.3z, which means it can be used to connect devices that conform to the standard.
Additionally, the model is also compliant with other standards such as IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.1Q, and IEEE 802.3ad. IEEE 802.1p is a standard that defines the Quality of Service (QoS) for Ethernet networks, allowing for the prioritization of different types of traffic. IEEE 802.1Q is a standard that defines Virtual LANs (VLANs), which can be used to segment a network into different virtual networks. IEEE 802.3ad is a standard that defines Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP), which allows for the bundling of multiple physical links into a single logical link, providing increased bandwidth and improved reliability.
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- MPN: WS-X6748-SFP
- Product Name: Catalyst 48 port High Performance Mixed Media Gigabit Ethernet Interface Module
- Product Type: Expansion Module
- Application/Usage: Data Networking
- Data Transfer Rate: 1 Gbps Gigabit Ethernet
- Expansion Slots: 48 x SFP (mini-GBIC)
- Daughter Cards: No
Management & Protocols
- Management: Extensive management tools-Support CiscoWorks network management platform, Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) versions 1, 2, and 3 and four RMON groups (statistics, history, alarms, and events)
- Min Operating Temperature: 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature: 104 °F
- Humidity: 10% to 90% Non-condensing Relative Humidity
- Altitude: -196.85 ft to 13123.36 ft Operating
Dimensions & Weight
- Form Factor: Hot-swappable
- Height: 1.2 Inch
- Width: 14.4 Inch
- Depth: 16 Inch
- Additional Information
- Primary Applications: High performance distribution, core layer and data center
- Mean time between failures (MTBF): seven years for system configuration
- Scheduler: Deficit Weighted Round Robin (DWRR)
- Buffer Size per Port: Rx-166KB, Tx-1.17MB
- Optional DFC Upgrade Support: Use WS-F6700-DFC3 with Supervisor Engine 720
- Backplane/Switch Fabric Connections
- This modules also offer a choice of packet buffer depths for traffic shaping, and QoS granularity with varying number of queues and drop threshold options
- Performance/Forwarding Rate (Mpps):
- 720 Gbps using CEF; Up to 30 Mpps per system
- Using dCEF upgrade: up to 48 Mpps
- Supervisor Engine 720
- Catalyst 6506, 6509, 6509-NEB-A, 6513 chassis
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product WS-X6748-SFP at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.