Interface and Connectivity
The 741227-001 HPE SAS 800GB 12GBPS Smart Carrier SSD uses a SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) interface with a data transfer rate of 12 Gbps. SAS is a point-to-point serial protocol that is commonly used in enterprise storage systems, it offers high-speed data transfer and improved reliability compared to SATA interface.
The drive is designed to connect to servers and storage systems that have a SAS interface and support 2.5-inch drives. It uses a 2.5-inch form factor and it's designed to fit into the drive bays of HPE ProLiant and HPE Synergy servers and other third-party servers and storage systems that support SAS drives.
The Smart Carrier feature provides additional connectivity and security, the smart carrier is a hardware-based security feature that contains a unique security key that is stored on the Smart Carrier. The smart carrier works in conjunction with the HPE Secure Encryption feature and enables the drive to only work with the specific smart carrier it was manufactured with, it prevents unauthorized access to the drive and data.
It's worth noting that, SAS interface requires specific host bus adapter (HBA) and cables to connect to the server or storage system, and the Smart Carrier feature requires a smart carrier to be able to access the data on the drive, so make sure that your server or storage system is compatible with SAS interface and smart carrier feature, and that you have the appropriate cables and host bus adapters to connect it.
Capacity and Performance
The 741227-001 HPE SAS 800GB 12GBPS Smart Carrier SSD has a storage capacity of 800GB. It uses multi-level cell (MLC) NAND flash memory which provides cost-effective storage capacity and improved endurance compared to other types of flash memory.
In terms of performance, the drive has a SAS interface with a data transfer rate of 12 Gbps which provides fast read and write speeds. It also has a high random read IOPS of 180,000 and a random write IOPS of 29,000 which ensure fast data processing. The drive is designed for write-intensive applications such as data centers, cloud storage and other enterprise environments that require high-performance storage.
The drive also includes several advanced technologies that enhance its performance and reliability:
- Advanced wear leveling and over-provisioning: These technologies help to distribute data writes evenly across the drive, reducing the wear on any one part of the drive and increasing its overall lifespan.
- End-to-end data protection: This feature helps to protect your data from corruption by detecting and correcting errors that may occur during data transfer.
- Advanced Error Correction Code (ECC): This technology detects and corrects errors that may occur when data is written to or read from the drive.
All these features and technologies make 741227-001 HPE SAS 800GB 12GBPS Smart Carrier SSD a high-performance and reliable storage option for enterprise environments with write-intensive applications such as data centers and cloud storage.
Reliability and Durability
The 741227-001 HPE SAS 800GB 12GBPS Smart Carrier SSD is designed for high reliability and durability. It features advanced wear leveling and over-provisioning technologies that help to distribute data writes evenly across the drive, reducing the wear on any one part of the drive and increasing its overall lifespan. Additionally, the drive has a high mean time between failures (MTBF) rating, which is a measure of the reliability of the drive. HPE claims that this drive has a MTBF rating of 2.5 million hours, which is much higher than most consumer-grade SSDs.
The drive also supports advanced data protection features like end-to-end data protection and advanced ECC, which can help to protect your data from corruption or loss. These features are particularly important for enterprise environments where data availability and integrity are critical.
The Smart Carrier feature provides additional durability and security, the smart carrier is a hardware-based security feature that contains a unique security key that is stored on the Smart Carrier. The smart carrier works in conjunction with the HPE Secure Encryption feature and enables the drive to only work with the specific smart carrier it was manufactured with, it prevents unauthorized access to the drive and data.
All these features and technologies make 741227-001 HPE SAS 800GB 12GBPS Smart Carrier SSD a highly reliable and durable storage option for enterprise environments, especially for environments that require data security and protection.
General Information of HPE 741227-001
- Manufacturer : HPE
- Model Part Number or SKU# 741227-001
- Device Type: Solid State Drive - Hot-Swap
- Capacity: 800 GB
- Form Factor: 2.5 Inch SFF
- Interface: SAS 12 GBPS
- Plug Type: Hot Pluggable
- Carrier Type: Smart Carrier
- Workload Type: Enterprise Mainstream
- Bundled with: HPE SmartDrive carrier
Performance of SAS-12GBPS
- Drive Transfer Rate: 12 GB/SEC (External)
- Random Reads: 87000 IOP/s
- Random Writes: 58000 IOP/s
- Sequential Reads: 1000 MiB/s
- Sequential Writes: 570 MiB/s
Product Dimensions & Weight of Enterprise SSD
- Height : 0.63 Inch
- Width : 3.10 Inch
- Depth : 5.45 Inch
- Weight : 1.50 Lbs
Expansion & Connectivity of 800GB
- Interfaces: 1 x SAS 12 GB/S
- Compatible Bay: 2.5" SFF
Compatibility Information of G8 G9 SSD
- HPE ProLiant BL Series: BL420c (Gen8 Gen9) BL460c (Gen8 Gen9) BL465c (Gen8 Gen9) BL660c (Gen8 Gen9)
- HPE ProLiant DL Series: DL20 (Gen9) DL60 (Gen9) DL80 (Gen9) DL120 (Gen8 Gen9) DL160 (Gen8 Gen9) DL180 (Gen8 Gen9) DL320e (Gen8 Gen9) DL360 (Gen8 Gen9) DL360e (Gen8 Gen9) DL388 (Gen9) DL360p (Gen8 Gen9) DL380 (Gen8 Gen9) DL380e (Gen8 Gen9) DL380p (Gen8 Gen9) DL385p (Gen8 Gen9) DL560 (Gen8 Gen9) DL580 (Gen8 Gen9)
- HPE ProLiant ML Series: ML110 (Gen8 Gen9) ML150 (Gen8 Gen9) ML310e (Gen8 Gen9) ML350 (Gen8 Gen9) ML350e (Gen8 Gen9) ML350p (Gen8 Gen9)
- HPE ProLiant SL Series: SL230s (Gen8 Gen9) SL250s (Gen8 Gen9) SL270s (Gen8 Gen9)
- HPE ProLiant XL Series: XL170r (Gen9) XL190r (Gen9) XL220a (Gen9) XL230a (Gen9) XL250a (Gen9)
- HPE Storage Arrays: D3700 D2220sb StoreEasy 1830 1840
- HPE StoreVirtual (VSA): 4130 4330 4330(FC) 4335 4335 (Hybrid SAN) 4530 4630 4730 4730(FC)
- HPE Synergy Systems: D3940 Storage Module
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
About New Bulk Pack Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 741227-001 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.