High Performance of 1000 Series Switch
The Cisco Catalyst C1000-8P-2G-L is a managed Ethernet switch that provides 8 Fast Ethernet ports and 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports. It is designed for use in small businesses and branch offices, and is capable of providing fast and reliable networking performance.
In terms of performance, This Product is capable of delivering wire-speed switching on all of its ports. This means that it can process data at the maximum speed supported by the connected devices, without any reduction in performance. The switch also supports Quality of Service (QoS) features, which allow you to prioritize certain types of traffic for better performance.
Yes, the C1000-8P-2G-L Cisco Catalyst is a managed switch that has 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 SFP (small form-factor pluggable) uplink ports. The SFP ports support a range of optical transceivers, allowing you to connect the switch to other devices over longer distances using fiber optic cables. The switch also has a number of advanced features and protocols that allow you to manage and secure your network, such as Quality of Service (QoS), Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs), link aggregation, and Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE). It is designed for small to medium-sized businesses and can be used in a variety of networking environments.
Maximizing Network Efficiency
Maximizing network efficiency in a Catalyst 8-port managed switch involves several key strategies and techniques, including:
- Utilizing Quality of Service (QoS) features: The switch should have QoS capabilities that allow for prioritization of different types of traffic, such as voice or video. This ensures that critical applications receive the bandwidth they need, while less critical traffic is given lower priority.
- Enabling flow control: Flow control allows the switch to manage the flow of data between devices, preventing data from being dropped or lost. This helps to ensure that data is transmitted reliably and efficiently.
- Configuring VLANs: Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs) allow the switch to segment the network into different logical groups, isolating traffic and improving security. This also allows for more efficient use of bandwidth and resources.
- Optimizing port settings: Each port on the switch can be configured with different settings, such as speed and duplex mode. It is important to optimize these settings to ensure that the switch is operating at maximum efficiency.
- Utilizing Link Aggregation: Link Aggregation allows multiple physical links to be bundled together to form a single logical link. This increases the available bandwidth and provides redundancy in case of a single link failure.
General Information about this Cisco C1000-8P-2G-L
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# C1000-8P-2G-L
- Product Line Catalyst
- Product Series 1000
- Product Model: C1000-8P
- Product Type: Ethernet Switch
Interfaces/Ports for Catalyst Switch
- Total Number of Network Ports: 8
- Uplink Port Yes
- Modular Yes
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 8 x Gigabit Ethernet PoE+
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 1 x Ethernet Network
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 2 x Gigabit Ethernet TP/SFP Combo
Performance of 8 Ports Managed Switch
- Media Type Supported Optical Fiber
- Media Type Supported Twisted Pair
- Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology 10/100/1000Base-T
- Network Technology 1000Base-X
I/O Expansions of Ethernet Switch
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 2
- Expansion Slot Type SFP (mini-GBIC)
- Shared SFP Slot Yes
- Number of SFP Slots 2
Network & Communication
- Layer Supported 2
- Management & Protocols
- Manageable Yes
- Power Source Power Supply
Dimensions & Weight
- Form Factor Rack-mountable
- Height 1.7 Inch
- Width 10.6 Inch
- Depth 12.7 Inch
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product C1000-8P-2G-L at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.