Network Segmentation and Access Control
Network segmentation involves dividing a network into smaller, more secure subnetworks. Access control refers to the methods used to regulate the flow of network traffic. The Cisco ASR 9006 DC Chassis with PEM Version 2 (ASR-9006-DC-V2) has built-in features for both network segmentation and access control.
Network segmentation can be achieved using VLANs (virtual local area networks), which allow for the creation of separate, logical networks within a single physical network. The ASR-9006-DC-V2 supports up to 4096 VLANs, allowing for a high degree of network segmentation.
Access control can be implemented using a variety of methods, including VLAN Access Control Lists (VACLs), which allow for the restriction of traffic between different VLANs. The ASR-9006-DC-V2 also supports other access control methods such as Access Control Lists (ACLs) and Quality of Service (QoS) policies.
In addition, the ASR-9006-DC-V2 also has built-in security features such as firewall and IPSec VPN.
Advanced Routing Protocols
The Cisco ASR 9006 DC Chassis with PEM Version 2 (ASR-9006-DC-V2) supports a variety of advanced routing protocols, including:
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP): BGP is a routing protocol used to exchange routing information between routers in different autonomous systems (ASes). It is often used in service provider environments to connect different customer networks to the internet.
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF): OSPF is a link state routing protocol that is used to distribute routing information within a single autonomous system. It is a widely used routing protocol in enterprise networks.
- Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP): EIGRP is a Cisco proprietary routing protocol that is based on the Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (IGRP). EIGRP is a distance-vector protocol that uses metrics to determine the best path to a destination.
- Routing Information Protocol version 2 (RIPv2): RIPv2 is a distance-vector routing protocol that is used to distribute routing information within a small-to-medium-sized network.
- Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM): PIM is a multicast routing protocol that allows for the efficient distribution of multicast traffic throughout a network.
- Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS): MPLS is a mechanism for forwarding packets in a network based on labels rather than routing them based on the destination IP address. It allows for creating virtual private networks (VPNs) and traffic engineering.
These protocols can be configured and managed using the Cisco IOS command-line interface (CLI) or through the Cisco Network Assistant (CNA) graphical user interface (GUI).
Quality of Service (QoS) Capabilities
The Cisco ASR 9006 DC Chassis with PEM Version 2 (ASR-9006-DC-V2) has a variety of Quality of Service (QoS) capabilities, including:
- Class-Based Weighted Fair Queuing (CBWFQ): CBWFQ allows for the allocation of bandwidth to different traffic classes based on the priority of the traffic. This ensures that important traffic such as voice and video is given priority over less important traffic such as email and web browsing.
- Low Latency Queuing (LLQ): LLQ is a mechanism for providing priority to delay-sensitive traffic such as voice and video, by allocating a dedicated portion of the available bandwidth for such traffic.
- Weighted Random Early Detection (WRED): WRED is a congestion avoidance mechanism that drops packets based on their priority when the queue is full, which prevents low-priority traffic from monopolizing the bandwidth.
- Policy-based routing (PBR): PBR allows for the creation of routing policies that determine the path that packets take through the network based on specific criteria such as source IP address, destination IP address, and protocol.
- Multi-Field Classifier (MFC): MFC is a feature that allows for more granular classification of traffic, enabling more precise control over how the network treats different types of traffic.
- Quality of Service (QoS) groups: QoS groups allow to assign a group of interfaces and/or subinterfaces to a common QoS policy.
All these features can be configured and managed using the Cisco IOS command-line interface (CLI) or through the Cisco Network Assistant (CNA) graphical user interface (GUI).
Main Description about this Cisco ASR-9006-DC-V2
- Manufacturer Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# ASR-9006-DC-V2
- Product Series ASR 9000
- Product Model 9006
- Product Name ASR 9006 DC Chassis with PEM Version 2
- Product Type Router Chassis
I/O Expansions of Cisco Router Chassis
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 6
- Expansion Slot Type Route Switch Processor
- Expansion Slot Type Line Card
About Refurbished Products
Routers lead the line as the first line of network security in homes and offices. It prevents intrusion into a network while creating a firewall to provide the highest level of security on several network types. They are the best ways of keeping computer systems, network systems, and information contained in them safe from intrusion.
A router is designed to be more capable than several other network devices such as hubs or switches that can only carry out basic network functions. For instance, a hub only transfers data between network devices without analyzing or doing anything with those data. On the other hand, routers are able to analyze data sent between network devices. They can change the packaging of such data and send it over to a different network.
Routers are the perfect devices to share an internet connection between multiple computers in home networks. A router typically connects to the modem using a network cable. Router networking occurs via a WAN port or the internet. There are also wireless routers that connect to devices using different wireless standards.
The hardware inside these routers allows them to cope with several network use at the same time. Many of these routers come with dual-core and quad-core processors. These processor options allow them to handle lots of data more effectively. Users can use their Wi-Fi routers for activities such as video streaming, online gaming, data backups, and more. Even while carrying out those operations, the routers perform at the highest levels.
Users will get routers that broadcast wireless signals over two frequencies (for dual-band) or more (for tri-band and others). These routers run at frequencies that can cover a wide expanse of area. They are not congested and are perfect for office buildings, homes, and large enterprises. Clients will find routers that emit their signals between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
Built-in Security Features
These router networking devices also come with security features such as device quarantine, firmware updates, automatic updates, and more. The features allow them to provide network-level protection against attacks. With these features, cyber criminals will be unable to infiltrate home networks.
Types of Routers
There are several types of routers that users can benefit from. Some of them include:
- Core Routers. These are the types used by Internet Service Providers. They are the fastest and most powerful types. They sit at the center of the internet and forward data through the main fiber Optics.
- Wireless Routers. These work in a similar manner as a home or business LAN. However, they give room for better mobility for laptops, tablets, and other portable devices. These types offer transmission over short distances.
- Enterprise Routers. These are the types employed by large companies. Organizations use enterprise routers to connect their networks to these core routers.
- Branch Routers. These types connect an enterprise's remote offices to its Wide Area Network (WAN). They come with improved features such as wireless LAN management, time-division multiplexing, WAN acceleration, and more.
- Edge Routers. These are the most commonly used types in homes and small businesses. They are low-capacity devices that connect to the public internet or private WAN, or external LAN.
- Logical Routers. They function similarly to hardware to create several network routes.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.