Switching Capacity and Performance
The Cisco SX350X-12-K9 is a stackable, manageable switch that features 12 ports with 10GBase-T connectivity. It is designed to deliver high performance and scalability for small to medium-sized businesses.
Switching capacity refers to the maximum amount of data that a switch can handle in a given amount of time. In the case of the Cisco SX350X-12-K9, the switching capacity is up to 240 Gbps, which is a measure of the total bandwidth available for forwarding data between the ports.
The performance of a switch is a measure of how well it can handle traffic and maintain network connectivity. The Cisco SX350X-12-K9 switch is designed to provide a high level of performance with a number of advanced features. These include:
- Layer 2 switching: The switch supports Layer 2 switching, which enables it to forward data based on the MAC addresses of devices connected to the network.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The Cisco SX350X-12-K9 switch supports QoS features that prioritize traffic based on its importance to the network. This ensures that critical traffic, such as voice and video, receive the necessary bandwidth for optimal performance.
- Network management: The switch is manageable through a web-based interface, which provides easy-to-use tools for managing and monitoring the network. It also supports SNMP and other network management protocols.
- Port mirroring: The Cisco SX350X-12-K9 switch supports port mirroring, which enables administrators to monitor network traffic in real time for troubleshooting and analysis.
- Redundancy and failover: The switch supports Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) and Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) for network redundancy and failover.
Network Management and Security Features
The Cisco SX350X-12-K9 is a 12-port 10GBase-T L2 stackable manageable switch that provides a range of network management and security features to help you manage and secure your network. Here are some of the key network management and security features offered by the Cisco SX350X-12-K9 switch:
- Web-Based Graphical User Interface (GUI): The Cisco SX350X-12-K9 switch features a web-based GUI that allows you to manage and configure the switch using a graphical interface. This makes it easy to configure the switch, monitor network traffic, and troubleshoot issues.
- Command Line Interface (CLI): The switch also supports a CLI that allows you to manage and configure the switch using command-line commands. This is useful for more advanced network administrators who prefer to work with the switch through the CLI.
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP): The Cisco SX350X-12-K9 switch supports SNMP, which is a protocol that allows you to monitor and manage network devices, including switches, routers, and servers.
- Remote Monitoring (RMON): The switch also supports RMON, which is a protocol that allows you to monitor network traffic and analyze network performance. This is useful for troubleshooting network issues and identifying areas for optimization.
- Port Mirroring: The switch supports port mirroring, which is a feature that allows you to mirror traffic from one or more ports to another port. This is useful for network troubleshooting and monitoring.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The Cisco SX350X-12-K9 switch offers a range of QoS features that allow you to prioritize network traffic based on its importance. This helps to ensure that critical network traffic, such as VoIP calls or video streams, is given priority over less important traffic.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): The switch supports ACLs, which are a set of rules that allow you to control which devices and users can access the network. This helps to secure the network and prevent unauthorized access.
- Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs): The Cisco SX350X-12-K9 switch supports VLANs, which allow you to create multiple virtual networks within a single physical network. This is useful for segmenting the network and improving network performance and security.
By providing these network management and security features, the Cisco SX350X-12-K9 switch allows you to manage and secure your network more effectively, and ensure that it is performing at its best.
Access Control Lists (ACL) Configuration
Access Control Lists (ACL) are an important security feature in the Cisco SX350X-12-K9 12 Ports 10GBase-T L2 Stackable Manageable Switch. ACLs allow network administrators to define rules that determine which network traffic is allowed or denied. This can help to prevent unauthorized access to the network, protect sensitive data, and improve network performance.
Here are some key points to keep in mind when configuring ACLs on the Cisco SX350X-12-K9 switch:
- Types of ACLs: The Cisco SX350X-12-K9 switch supports both standard and extended ACLs. Standard ACLs can filter traffic based on source IP addresses, while extended ACLs can filter traffic based on source and destination IP addresses, port numbers, and other factors.
- ACL Rules: ACLs consist of one or more rules, which define the criteria for filtering network traffic. Each rule has a permit or deny action, as well as the criteria for matching network traffic.
- ACL Order: When multiple ACL rules are configured, they are processed in order from top to bottom. The first rule that matches the network traffic is applied, and subsequent rules are not checked.
- ACL Application: ACLs can be applied to different parts of the network, including interfaces, VLANs, and IP services. When an ACL is applied to an interface, it affects all traffic that enters or leaves that interface.
- Testing ACLs: Before deploying an ACL in a production environment, it is important to test it thoroughly to ensure that it does not block legitimate traffic. This can be done by creating test traffic that matches the criteria for the ACL rules and monitoring the results.
Main Specification about this Cisco SX350X-12-K9
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU # SX350X-12-K9
- Product Series: 350X
- Product Name: SX350X-12 12-Port 10GBase-T Stackable Managed Switch
- Product Type: Ethernet Switch
Interfaces/Ports of Managed Switch
- Total Number of Network Ports: 12
- Uplink Port: Yes
- Modular: Yes
- Stack Port: Yes
- Port/Expansion Slot Details:
- 10 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet Network
- 2 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet TP/SFP Combo
Media & Performance of 12 Ports Switch Module
- Media Type Supported:
- Twisted Pair
- Optical Fiber
- Ethernet Technology: 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 2
- Expansion Slot Type: SFP+
- Shared SFP Slot: Yes
- Number of SFP+ Slots: 2
Network & Communication
- Layer Supported: 2
Management & Protocols
- Manageable: Yes
- Power Source: Power Supply
Dimensions and Weight
- Height: 1.7 Inch
- Width: 17.3 Inch
- Depth: 8 Inch
- Weight (Approximate): 6.46 LBS
- Package Contents:
- SX350X-12 12-Port 10GBase-T Stackable Managed Switch
- Power Cord
- Mounting Kit
- Console Cable
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.