The WS-C2950G-12-EI is a Cisco Catalyst 2950 12-port managed switch. This is a type of network switch that allows you to connect multiple devices, such as computers and servers, to a single network.
The switch has 12 ports for connecting devices, and it can be managed through a web-based interface or through the command-line interface (CLI). This allows you to configure and monitor the switch, as well as troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
The switch also provides advanced features such as Quality of Service (QoS) for prioritizing different types of network traffic, VLAN support for segmenting a network, and support for link aggregation (LAG) which allows for two or more ports to be grouped together to form a single logical link with increased bandwidth.
The model also supports Cisco's proprietary protocol CDP (Cisco Discovery Protocol) which allows devices to discover and share information about other directly connected Cisco equipment, including device type, uptime, IOS version, and IP address.
The model Cisco Catalyst 2950 12-port managed switch is designed to provide high performance and reliability for small and medium-sized businesses.
In terms of performance, the WS-C2950G-12-EI supports high-speed data transfer rates of up to 48 Gbps on its 12 ports. This allows for fast and efficient data transfer between connected devices, which can help to improve the overall performance of a network. Additionally, the switch has advanced Quality of Service (QoS) features that allow for the prioritization of different types of network traffic, which can help to ensure that critical applications and services receive the bandwidth they need.
In terms of reliability, this item is built with redundant power supplies and cooling systems to ensure that it can continue to operate in the event of a failure. Additionally, it can be configured for automatic failover and recovery, which helps to minimize downtime in case of a problem. The switch also supports Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) which will automatically detect and recover from a failed link, providing redundancy and increasing availability.
The switch also has a built-in feature that monitors the temperature of the device and can shut down or reduce power to certain components if the temperature goes beyond a certain threshold, this helps to prevent damage to the switch.
Interface Provided for Digital Workplace
The WS-C2950G-12-EI Cisco Catalyst 2950 12-port managed switch provides several interfaces that can be used to manage and configure the switch in a digital workplace.
- Web-based Interface: The switch can be accessed and managed through a web-based interface, which is a graphical user interface (GUI) that can be accessed through a web browser. This interface allows for easy configuration and monitoring of the switch, as well as troubleshooting of any issues that may arise.
- Command-Line Interface (CLI): The switch can also be accessed and managed through a command-line interface (CLI), which is a text-based interface that allows for more advanced configuration and monitoring of the switch. This interface is often preferred by network administrators who are more familiar with command-line interfaces.
- SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol): The switch supports SNMP, which is a standard protocol for managing and monitoring network devices. This allows for the switch to be managed and monitored by a remote SNMP management system, which can be useful for large networks or for monitoring and managing the switch remotely.
- Telnet and SSH: The switch also supports Telnet and SSH which allows network administrators to access the CLI remotely and securely.
General Information about this Cisco WS-C2950G-12-EI
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# WS-C2950G-12-EI
- Product Line Catalyst
- Product Series 2900
- Product Name Catalyst 2950G-12 Ethernet Switch
- Product Type Ethernet Switch
Interfaces/Ports for 12 Ports Ethernet Switch
- Total Number of Network Ports 12
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports 12
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 12 x Fast Ethernet Network
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
Performance of Catalyst 2950 Managed Switch
- Media Type Supported Twisted Pair
- Twisted Pair Cable Standard Category 5
- Ethernet Technology Fast Ethernet
- Network Technology 10Base-T
- Network Technology 100Base-TX
I/O Expansions of Ethernet Switch
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 2
- Expansion Slot Type GBIC
- Number of GBIC Slots 2
Management & Protocols
- Manageable Yes
- CISCO BRIDGE-MIB
- IF-MIB (RFC 1573)
- RFC1213-MIB (MIB-II)
- RFC1398-MIB (ETHERNET-MIB)
- RMON-MIB (RFC 1757)
- Standard Memory 16 MB
- Flash Memory 8 MB
- MTBF 482776 Hour
Dimension and Weight
- Height 1.8 Inch
- Width 17.5 Inch
- Depth 9.5 Inch
- Weight 6.61 LBS
- Input Voltage 110 V AC
- Input Voltage 220 V AC
- Power Source Power Supply
- Redundant Power Supply Yes
- Operating temperature (T-T): 0 - 45 °C
- Storage temperature (T-T): -25 - 70 °C
- Operating relative humidity (H-H): 10 - 85%
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.