The WS-C2950G-24-EI-DC Cisco Catalyst 24 Ports Managed Switch is a Cisco switch that is suitable for a variety of performance requirements. Some of its key features include:
24 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports: This allows for high-speed data transfer and connectivity for a large number of devices.
Layer 2 switching: This allows for the efficient routing and switching of data within a network, providing fast and reliable performance.
Quality of Service (QoS): This feature allows for the prioritization of different types of traffic, ensuring that mission-critical applications receive the necessary bandwidth.
Advanced security features: The switch includes features such as IEEE 802.1X port-based authentication and access control lists (ACLs) to ensure the security of the network.
Support for Power over Ethernet (PoE): This allows for the delivery of power to network devices over Ethernet cables, eliminating the need for additional power sources.
Support for Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): This allows for the creation of link aggregation groups and the sharing of traffic across multiple links, providing increased bandwidth and redundancy.
Support for Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) and Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP): This allows for the creation of loop-free networks and the prevention of network loops, ensuring the reliability and stability of the network.
Support for Virtual LANs (VLANs): This allows for the creation of multiple logical networks within a single physical network, providing increased network segmentation and security.
Easy management and configuration: The switch includes a web-based graphical user interface and supports Cisco IOS software, making it easy to manage and configure the switch.
The WS-C2950G-24-EI-DC Cisco Catalyst 2950G 24 Ports Managed Switch is a reliable network switch that provides high performance and security for enterprise networks.
- Redundancy features: The switch has several built-in redundancy features such as Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP) and redundant power supply options which helps in the case of a failure of a primary component, the switch can automatically switch over to a secondary component to maintain network uptime.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The switch supports Quality of Service (QoS) features that allow for the prioritization of different types of network traffic, ensuring that critical applications have the bandwidth they need to function properly.
- Security features: The switch has security features such as IEEE 802.1X port-based authentication, which helps in preventing unauthorized access to the network, and Access Control Lists (ACLs) which help in controlling and monitoring network traffic based on specific criteria such as IP addresses and protocols.
- Layer 2 switching: The switch supports Layer 2 switching, which allows for the efficient forwarding of network packets based on MAC addresses. This helps in maintaining high network performance and reducing network congestion.
- Advanced features: The switch also supports advanced features such as Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) and Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) which allow for the creation of link aggregation groups and the prevention of network loops respectively.
- Compatibility: The switch is compatible with Cisco IOS Software, which allows for easy integration into existing networks and easy management and troubleshooting.
- Durability: The switch has been designed to withstand the rigors of a business environment, and is built with high-quality components that are designed to last.
All these features make this part Cisco Catalyst 2950G 24 Ports Managed Switch a reliable and robust choice for enterprise networks.
The WS-C2950G-24-EI-DC Cisco Catalyst 2950G 24 Ports Managed Switch is compliant with various standards, including:
- IEEE 802.3: This standard defines the physical layer and data link layer of the OSI model and specifies the physical characteristics and protocols for wired Ethernet networks.
- IEEE 802.3u: This standard defines the Fast Ethernet specifications, which allow for faster data transfer speeds over Ethernet networks.
- IEEE 802.3ab: This standard defines the Gigabit Ethernet specifications, which allow for even faster data transfer speeds over Ethernet networks.
- IEEE 802.3x: This standard defines the full-duplex flow control for Ethernet networks, which allows for faster and more efficient data transfer.
- IEEE 802.1Q: This standard defines the Virtual LAN (VLAN) specifications, which allow for the creation of multiple logical networks within a single physical network.
- IEEE 802.1p: This standard defines the priority tagging specifications, which allow for the prioritization of different types of traffic on a network.
- IEEE 802.1d: This standard defines the Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) specifications, which allow for the creation of loop-free networks and the prevention of network loops.
- IEEE 802.1w: This standard defines the Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) specifications, which allow for faster network convergence and the prevention of network loops.
- IEEE 802.3ad: This standard defines the Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) specifications, which allow for the creation of link aggregation groups and the sharing of traffic across multiple links.
- IEEE 802.1X: This standard defines the port-based network access control specifications, which allow for the secure authentication of network devices.
- IEEE 802.3af: This standard defines the Power over Ethernet (PoE) specifications, which allow for the delivery of power to network devices over Ethernet cables.
- IEEE 802.3at: This standard defines the Enhanced Power over Ethernet (PoE+) specifications, which allow for the delivery of higher power levels to network devices over Ethernet cables.
- IEEE 802.3bt: This standard defines the Universal Power over Ethernet (UPOE) specifications, which allow for the delivery of even higher power levels to network devices over Ethernet cables.
- IEEE 802.1ag: This standard defines the Connectivity Fault Management (CFM) specifications, which allow for the detection and isolation of network faults.
- IEEE 802.1ak: This standard defines the Multiple VLAN Registration Protocol (MVRP) specifications, which allow for the creation and management of multiple VLANs on a network.
- IEEE 802.3az: Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) specifications, which help to reduce power consumption and operate more efficiently.
- IEEE 802.1s: Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP) which allows for the creation of multiple spanning trees in a single VLAN, providing more efficient use of network bandwidth and improved network scalability.
General Information about Cisco WS-C2950G-24-EI-DC
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# WS-C2950G-24-EI-DC
- Product Line Catalyst
- Product Series 2950
- Product Model 2950G-24-EI-DC
- Product Name Catalyst 2950G 24 EI DC Switch
- Product Type Ethernet Switch
Interfaces/Ports for 24 Ports Ethernet Switch
- Total Number of Network Ports: 24
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports: 24
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 24 x Fast Ethernet Network
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
Performance of Catalyst 2950 Managed Switch
- Media Type Supported: Twisted Pair
- Twisted Pair Cable Standard: Category 5
- Ethernet Technology: Fast Ethernet
- Network Technology: 10Base-T
- Network Technology: 10/100Base-TX
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 2
- Expansion Slot Type: GBIC
- Number of GBIC Slots: 2
Network & Communication
- Layer Supported: 4
Management & Protocols
- Manageable: Yes
- Cisco Cluster Management Suite (CMS)
- Support for CiscoWorks
- Remote Monitoring (RMON) software agent
- Comprehensive MIBs Support
- SNMP v1, v2c, v3, and Telnet interface support
- TACACS+ and Remote Access Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) authentication support
- Standard Memory: 16 MB
- Memory Technology: DRAM
- Flash Memory: 8 MB
- MTBF: 479086 Hour
Dimensions and Weight:
- Height:1.7 Inch
- Width:17.5 Inch
- Depth|:9.5 Inch
- Weight:6.50 LBS
- Redundant Power Supply: Yes
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.