Powerful Layer 3 Switching Capabilities
The WS-C3560V2-24PS-E Cisco Catalyst 24 Ports Layer 3 Switch is a powerful Layer 3 switch that provides advanced switching capabilities for enterprise networks. Some of its key features include:
- Support for advanced routing protocols: The switch supports a wide range of routing protocols including Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (IGRP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Routing Information Protocol version 2 (RIPv2) and Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP). This allows for advanced routing capabilities and the ability to connect to other networks with different routing protocols.
- Support for VLANs and VLAN tagging: The switch supports Virtual LANs (VLANs) and VLAN tagging, which allows for the creation of virtual networks within the physical network. This improves network security and allows for more efficient use of network resources.
- Quality of Service (QoS) features: The switch supports advanced QoS features such as Class-Based Weighted Fair Queuing (CBWFQ) and Low Latency Queuing (LLQ) which can be used to provide priority to specific types of traffic such as voice and video.
- Layer 3 switching: The switch supports Layer 3 switching, which allows it to route packets based on their IP address. This improves the performance of the network by reducing the number of packets that need to be forwarded to other devices.
- Advanced security features: The switch supports advanced security features such as Access Control Lists (ACLs), Port Security, Secure Shell (SSH) and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) which can be used to protect the network against unauthorized access and encrypt network traffic.
Maximize Network Performance
Maximizing the network performance of the WS-C3560V2-24PS-E Cisco Catalyst 24 Ports Layer 3 Switch involves several steps:
- Utilizing Quality of Service (QoS) features: The switch supports advanced QoS features such as Class-Based Weighted Fair Queuing (CBWFQ) and Low Latency Queuing (LLQ), which can be used to prioritize specific types of traffic such as voice and video. This helps to ensure that these critical types of traffic receive priority over other types of traffic, improving their performance.
- Utilizing VLANs and VLAN tagging: The switch supports Virtual LANs (VLANs) and VLAN tagging, which allows for the creation of virtual networks within the physical network. This improves network security and allows for more efficient use of network resources by segmenting the network into smaller broadcast domains.
- Utilizing Layer 3 switching: The switch supports Layer 3 switching, which allows it to route packets based on their IP address. This improves the performance of the network by reducing the number of packets that need to be forwarded to other devices.
- Utilizing advanced routing protocols: The switch supports a wide range of routing protocols including Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (IGRP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Routing Information Protocol version 2 (RIPv2) and Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP). This allows for advanced routing capabilities and the ability to connect to other networks with different routing protocols.
- Utilizing access control lists (ACLs) and port security: These features can be used to prevent unauthorized access to the network and limit access to specific resources based on source and destination IP addresses, protocols and port numbers.
- Monitoring and troubleshoot: Regularly monitoring the switch's performance and troubleshoot any issues that arise. This can be done using tools such as Cisco's Network Assistant (CNA) or Cisco's Network Control System (NCS), which can provide information about the switch's performance, including CPU and memory usage, and help to identify and resolve any issues.
- Software and Firmware Update: Regularly updating the switch software and firmware to ensure that it has the latest security patches and bug fixes, which can help to improve performance and security.
Quality of Service (QoS) Features
The Cisco WS-C3560V2-24PS-E Catalyst 3560V2-24PS Layer 3 24 Ports Ethernet Switch has several Quality of Service (QoS) features that help ensure that network traffic is prioritized and managed effectively. Some of these features include:
- Class-Based Weighted Fair Queuing (CBWFQ): This feature allows for the creation of multiple queues for different types of traffic, with each queue having a different weight. This ensures that important traffic, such as voice and video, is given priority over less important traffic, such as file transfers.
- Weighted Random Early Detection (WRED): This feature helps prevent network congestion by randomly dropping packets when the queue becomes full. This ensures that important traffic is not impacted by heavy loads of less important traffic.
- Traffic Policing: This feature allows for the setting of limits on the amount of traffic that can be sent or received by a specific host or network. This helps ensure that network resources are not overused by a single host or network.
- Quality of Service (QoS) Group: This feature allows for the grouping of similar traffic types together and assigning them a specific priority level. This helps ensure that important traffic is given priority over less important traffic.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): This feature allows for the creation of rules that determine which traffic is allowed or denied on the network. This helps ensure that only authorized traffic is allowed on the network.
- Manufacturer Cisco
- MPN: WS-C3560V2-24PS-E
- Product Line Catalyst
- Product Series 3560
- Product Model 3560V2-24PS
- Product Name Catalyst 3560V2-24PS Layer 3 Switch
- Product Type Layer 3 Switch
- Total Number of Network Ports 24
- Number of PoE (RJ-45) Ports 24
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 24 x Fast Ethernet Network
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
- Ethernet Technology Fast Ethernet
- Network Technology 10/100Base-TX
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 2
- Expansion Slot Type SFP
- Number of SFP Slots 2
Network & Communication
- Layer Supported 3
Management & Protocols
- Manageable Yes
- Management -
- Cisco Network Assistant
- CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution (LMS)
- IEEE 802.1p QoS
- IEEE 802.1q VLAN
- SNMP v1, v2c, v3
- PoE (RJ-45) Port Yes
- Input Voltage 110 V AC
- Input Voltage 220 V AC
- Power Source Power Supply
- Redundant Power Supply Yes
Dimension and Weight
- Compatible Rack Unit 1U
- Form Factor Rack-mountable
- Height 1.7 Inch
- Width 17.5 Inch
- Depth 11.6 Inch
- Weight (Approximate) 10.14 Lbs
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product WS-C3560V2-24PS-E at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.