Managed Switching Features for Managed Switch
The WS-C3750G-24TS-E1U Cisco Catalyst switch is a managed switch, which means that it can be configured and monitored using a network management system. Some of the key managed switching features of the switch include:
- Cisco IOS Software: The switch runs Cisco IOS software, which provides a wide range of features for configuring and monitoring the switch, including command-line interface (CLI) and web-based graphical user interface (GUI).
- Quality of Service (QoS): The switch supports QoS, which allows you to prioritize different types of traffic, such as voice and video, to ensure that these types of traffic are not impacted by congestion.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): The switch supports ACLs, which can be used to implement security policies, such as denying or permitting access to specific IP addresses or protocols.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): The switch supports LACP, which allows you to bundle multiple physical ports together to form a single logical link, providing increased bandwidth and redundancy.
- Remote Management: The switch supports SNMP, which allows you to monitor and manage the switch remotely using a network management system.
- Stack Management: The switch supports Cisco StackWise technology, which allows multiple switches to be stacked together to form a single logical switch, providing increased ports and redundancy.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) Management: The switch supports PoE, which allows it to provide power to devices connected to it over Ethernet cables, it also has the ability to monitor and manage power usage.
It's also worth noting that this switch is end of life and end of sale, so if you are looking for a similar product you can check the other series of the cisco catalyst switches.
Firmware Upgrade and Maintenance
The WS-C3750G-24TS-E1U is a Cisco Catalyst switch that has 24 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 1 expansion slot for additional network modules. The "E1U" in the model number indicates that it has an internal universal power supply. This switch can be managed through a web interface or command-line interface (CLI).
To upgrade the firmware on the WS-C3750G-24TS-E1U, you will need to download the appropriate firmware image from the Cisco website and then upload it to the switch using the web interface or CLI. The process for upgrading the firmware will vary depending on the current version of the firmware and the version you are upgrading to, so it is important to carefully follow the instructions provided by Cisco.
Regular maintenance on the WS-C3750G-24TS-E1U is important to ensure that it continues to operate correctly. This may include tasks such as checking the switch's logs for errors, monitoring its performance, and backing up the switch's configuration. Additionally, it is important to keep the switch's firmware up to date in order to ensure that it is protected against any known security vulnerabilities.
Security and Compliance of Slots-4 Switch
The WS-C3750G-24TS-E1U Cisco Catalyst switch is designed to help organizations comply with various security and compliance standards. Some of the security features that may be implemented on this switch include:
- Access control: The switch can be configured to restrict access to specific network resources based on the identity of the user or device. This can be done through the use of authentication and authorization protocols such as RADIUS and TACACS+.
- Encryption: The switch can be configured to encrypt sensitive data as it travels across the network. This can be done using protocols such as IPsec and SSL.
- Firewall: The switch can be configured to act as a firewall, which can be used to block unauthorized access to the network. This can be done through the use of access control lists (ACLs) and other security features such as Network Address Translation (NAT).
- Intrusion detection and prevention: The switch can be configured to detect and prevent network intrusions through the use of features such as Cisco's Network-Based Application Recognition (NBAR) and the Cisco IOS Firewall.
- VLAN: The switch can be configured to segment the network into virtual LANs (VLANs), which can be used to isolate different types of network traffic. This can help to improve security by limiting the spread of malware or other malicious traffic.
- Compliance: The switch can be configured to comply with various security standards such as HIPAA, PCI DSS, and ISO 27001. These standards set specific requirements for the security of data and networks, and the switch can be configured to meet those requirements.
It is important to note that the security and compliance features available on the WS-C3750G-24TS-E1U depend on the version of the firmware installed on the switch and the licenses that have been activated. It is important to consult the Cisco documentation and to work with a Cisco certified professional to configure and maintain the switch security and compliance.
General Information about this Cisco WS-C3750G-24TS-E1U
- Manufacturer: Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number: WS-C3750G-24TS-E1U
- Brand Name: Cisco
- Product Line: Catalyst
- Product Series: 3750
- Product Model: 3750G-24TS
- Product Name: Catalyst 3750G-24TS Stackable Gigabit Ethernet Switch
- Product Type: Ethernet Switch
- Total Number of Network Ports: 24
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports: 24
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 24 x Gigabit Ethernet Network
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 4 x Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
Media & Performance
- Media Type Supported: Twisted Pair
- Twisted Pair Cable Standard: Category 5
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 10Base-T
- Network Technology: 10/100/1000Base-T
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 4
- Expansion Slot Type: SFP
- Number of SFP Slots: 4
Network & Communication
- Layer Supported: 4
- Standard Memory: 128 MB
- Memory Technology: DRAM
- Flash Memory: 32 MB
- MTBF: 221150 Hour
- Input Voltage: 110 V AC
- Input Voltage: 220 V AC
- Power Source: Power Supply
- Redundant Power Supply: Yes
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product WS-C3750G-24TS-E1U at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.