Maximizing Network Performance
The WS-C3850-24XS-S Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series switch is a high-performance, managed Layer 3 switch that is designed for enterprise-level networks. To maximize its network performance, there are several steps that can be taken:
- Quality of Service (QoS): QoS is used to prioritize different types of traffic, such as voice and video, to ensure that they are transmitted with minimal delay and jitter. This prevents congestion on the network and improves overall performance.
- Software and firmware updates: Keeping the switch running the latest software and firmware version will ensure that it has the latest features and security updates, which can improve performance and security.
- Link aggregation: Link aggregation, also known as EtherChannel, allows multiple physical connections to be bundled together to form a single, high-bandwidth logical link. This increases the available bandwidth and provides redundancy in case of link failure.
- Jumbo frames: Jumbo frames allow for larger maximum transmission unit (MTU) sizes, which can improve performance for large data transfers such as file transfers and backups.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): ACLs are used to control access to the network and can improve security by preventing unauthorized access.
- Performance monitoring: Using tools such as Cisco Prime or SolarWinds can help to monitor the switch's performance and identify any issues that may be affecting it.
- VLANs: Virtual LANs (VLANs) are used to segment the network into smaller, virtual networks. This improves performance by reducing congestion and improves security by isolating different parts of the network.
- Advanced features: The switch has advanced features such as StackWise-480 and Flexible NetFlow (FNF) that can be used to increase control and visibility of network traffic, which can be used to improve performance and security.
- SFP+ ports: The switch has 24 SFP+ ports which can be used to connect to high-speed uplinks and servers, which can increase the available bandwidth and improve performance.
It's important to regularly monitor and troubleshoot the network to identify and resolve any issues that may be affecting performance. This can be done by analyzing network traffic and performance metrics, and making adjustments as needed.
Power Options and Redundancy
The WS-C3850-24XS-S Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series switch has several power options and redundancy features to ensure that it can continue to operate in case of power failure or other issues.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE): The switch supports Power over Ethernet (PoE) which allows it to provide power to connected devices, such as IP phones and wireless access points, over the Ethernet cable. This eliminates the need for additional power sources.
- Redundant power supply: The switch supports a redundant power supply, which means that it can continue to operate even if one of the power supplies fails. This ensures that the switch will continue to function in case of a power failure.
- PoE+: The switch also supports PoE+ (Power over Ethernet Plus) which allows it to provide more power to connected devices than standard PoE. This can be useful for powering devices that require more power, such as high-performance wireless access points.
- StackWise-480: The switch has StackWise-480 feature, which allows multiple switches to be stacked together to form a single, logical switch. This increases the available bandwidth and provides redundancy in case of switch failure.
- Flexible NetFlow (FNF): The switch also supports Flexible NetFlow (FNF), which allows for more detailed monitoring of network traffic and can be used to identify and resolve performance issues.
- High Availability (HA) : The switch supports High Availability (HA) features that enables the switch to have a redundant peer switch in case of failure. This can be achieved through StackWise-480, or through protocols such as Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) and Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP)
Security and Quality of Service
The WS-C3850-24XS-S Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series switch is a high-performance, managed Layer 3 switch that is designed for enterprise-level networks. It comes with several security and Quality of Service (QoS) features that can be used to secure the network and ensure efficient operation.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs) are used to control access to the network by specifying which devices and users are allowed to access specific parts of the network.
- Virtual LANs (VLANs) can be used to segment the network into smaller, virtual networks, which improves security by isolating different parts of the network and reducing the attack surface.
- Cisco TrustSec, is a security framework that provides identity-based access control and policy enforcement.
- Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) is a network access control (NAC) solution that helps secure the network by authenticating and authorizing devices and users that attempt to access the network.
- Advanced Encryption features such as Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Secure Shell (SSH) can be used to encrypt network traffic and secure the management of the switch.
- Network Admission Control (NAC) allows network administrators to control and monitor network access by devices and users.
Quality of Service:
- Quality of Service (QoS) feature allows the switch to prioritize different types of traffic, such as voice and video, to ensure that they are transmitted with minimal delay and jitter. This prevents congestion on the network and improves overall performance.
Main Specification about this Cisco WS-C3850-24XS-S
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# WS-C3850-24XS-S
- Product Line Catalyst
- Product Series 3850
- Product Type: Layer 3 Switch
Technical Information for 24 Ports Managed Switch
- Stacking Bandwidth: 480 GBPS
- Total Number of Ports: 24
- Layer Supported 3
- Manageable Yes
- Modular No
- Stack Port Yes
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 24 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
Performance of Layer 3 Switch
- Media Type Supported Optical Fiber
- Ethernet Technology 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology 10GBase-X
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 24
- Expansion Slot Type SFP+
- Number of SFP+ Slots 24
- Power Specifications: 100-240VAC
- Power Source Power Supply
- Redundant Power Supply Yes
- Package Contents-
- Catalyst WS-C3850-24XS Layer 3 Switch
- Power Supply-
- Green Compliant Yes
- Green Compliance Certificate/Authority RoHS-5
Dimensions and Weight
- Compatible Rack Unit 1U
- Form Factor Rack-mountable
- Height 1.8 Inch
- Width 17.7 Inch
- Depth 17.5 Inch
- Weight (Approximate) 13.50 Lbs
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product WS-C3850-24XS-S at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.