Maintenance and Care explain
Maintenance and care of your Dell 8GB PC3-12800 DDR3-1600MHz 2RX4 ECC Reg Ram is crucial for ensuring its longevity and optimal performance. Here are some tips to help you maintain and care for your RAM:
- Keep it clean: RAM modules are sensitive to dust and debris, which can interfere with their performance. Regularly dust off your RAM using a soft-bristled brush or compressed air canister.
- Handle with care: RAM modules are delicate and can easily be damaged if handled carelessly. Always hold your RAM by the edges, and avoid touching the chips or connectors.
- Avoid static electricity: Static electricity can damage your RAM, so it's important to take precautions when handling it. Use an anti-static wrist strap or touch a grounded metal object before handling your RAM.
- Check for compatibility: Before installing your RAM, make sure it's compatible with your computer's motherboard. Installing incompatible RAM can cause system instability and damage to your RAM.
- Keep your computer cool: Overheating can damage your RAM and other components in your computer. Make sure your computer has adequate cooling, such as fans or liquid cooling, to prevent overheating.
- Test your RAM: Regularly test your RAM to ensure it's functioning properly. Use a RAM testing program to check for errors or faults in your RAM.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your Dell 8GB PC3-12800 DDR3-1600MHz 2RX4 ECC Reg Ram stays in good condition and provides optimal performance for years to come.
Upgrading Your System
Upgrading your system with additional RAM can improve your computer's performance by allowing it to run more programs at once and handle more data. Here are some steps to follow when upgrading your system with additional RAM:
- Determine how much RAM you need: Check your computer's manual or specifications to see how much RAM it can support. You can also use diagnostic tools or online resources to determine how much RAM you need based on your computer usage.
- Choose the right RAM: Make sure to choose RAM that is compatible with your computer's motherboard and meets the specifications recommended by the manufacturer. For example, the Dell 8GB PC3-12800 DDR3-1600MHz 2RX4 ECC Reg Ram is compatible with servers and workstations that support DDR3 memory.
- Install the RAM: Turn off your computer and unplug it from the power source. Locate the RAM slots on your motherboard and carefully insert the RAM module, making sure to align it with the slot and apply gentle pressure until it clicks into place.
- Power on your computer: Once the RAM is installed, turn your computer back on and check if it recognizes the new RAM. You can check this in the system properties or task manager.
- Test the RAM: Run a diagnostic test on your computer to ensure that the new RAM is working properly and there are no errors.
Upgrading your system with additional RAM can be a simple and cost-effective way to improve your computer's performance. Just be sure to follow the manufacturer's guidelines and take the necessary precautions when handling and installing RAM modules.
Installing the Dell 8GB PC3-12800 DDR3-1600MHz 2RX4 ECC Reg Ram can be a straightforward process. Here are some more detailed steps to guide you through the installation process:
- Power off your computer: Shut down your computer and disconnect it from the power source. Make sure to ground yourself by touching a metal object to discharge any static electricity.
- Locate the RAM slots: Locate the RAM slots on your computer's motherboard. You can refer to your computer's manual or look for online resources to determine the location of the RAM slots.
- Remove any existing RAM: If there are existing RAM modules in the slots, gently press down on the clips at each end of the module to release it from the slot. Remove the module from the slot by pulling it out at a 45-degree angle.
- Insert the new RAM: Align the new RAM module with the slot on the motherboard. Be sure to match the notches on the module with the tab in the slot. Gently press down on the module until it clicks into place.
- Repeat the process: If you're installing multiple RAM modules, repeat the process for each module in the remaining slots.
- Power on your computer: Once you have installed the RAM modules, plug your computer back into the power source and turn it on. Check your system properties or task manager to ensure that your computer is recognizing the new RAM.
- Test the RAM: Run a diagnostic test to check for any errors in the RAM. You can use a diagnostic tool provided by the manufacturer or a third-party software.
It's important to follow the manufacturer's guidelines when installing the Dell 8GB PC3-12800 DDR3-1600MHz 2RX4 ECC Reg Ram to ensure proper installation and optimal performance. Make sure to ground yourself to prevent any static electricity from damaging the RAM module, and be gentle when inserting or removing the RAM modules from the motherboard.
- Manufacturer: Dell
- Part Number or SKU# 317-9644
- Type: Memory (RAM)
- Sub-Type: PC3-12800
- Product Name: 8GB DDR3 SDRAM Memory Module
- Memory Size: 8GB
- Memory Technology: DDR3 SDRAM
- Number of Modules: 1 X 8GB
- Memory Speed: 1600 Mhz
- Memory Standard: Ddr3-1600/pc3-12800
- Signal Processing: Registered
- Error Checking: Ecc
- Cas Latency: Cl11
- Rank Features: 2rx4
- Pin Count: 240-Pin
- Voltage: 1.35v
- Form Factor: Dimm
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
About New Bulk Pack Products
The PC3-12800 RAM operates at a conventional voltage of 1.35V. It is generally regarded as a low power consumption memory module. One of its huge benefits remains that it is backward compatible with 1.5V. Depending on the capacity you require, we have a wide range of PC3-12800 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1.35V SODIMM here on allhdd.com. Feel free to choose from our categories including, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 48GB, 64GB, 96GB, 128GB, 256GB, 192GB, and 512GB. All PC3 12800 memory modules on here offer blisteringly fast performance and are available at reasonable prices.
The PC3-12800 Memory Module
The 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM is a top-tier memory module with an insane data rate. It features modern chipsets and processors from Intel and AMD that are now compatible with memory operating at 1600MT/s. The module classification of the DDR3-1600 memory is PC3-12800. This feature implies the module's peak data rate is 12.8GB/sec— 17% increase in memory bandwidth over DDR3-1333. Suppose you are a DIY professional or a power user looking for the most overclocking potential from your machine. In that case, the PC3 12800 memory will make a great addition to your arsenal. All PC3 12800 on allhdd.com features an eight-layer PCB design, specially-selected ICs, and meticulously tested to modern standards to provide top-notch stability and reliability when it matters.
Memory Clock Speed
The memory clock indicates how many cycles per second the memory makes. In other words, it is how many times per second data transfer takes place from VRAM to the GPU. The DDR3 SDRAM (PC3-12800 RAM) has a clock speed of 1066 MHz.
I/O bus clock
The input/output bus clock of the PC3 12800 memory is 800MHz. It is usually half the data bus rate.
Considerations Before Investing in a Memory Module
When it comes to memory, there are a handful of factors to consider before making any purchase decision. The more RAM available to the system's CPU, the easier its job becomes, enabling a faster computer. However, suppose you do not have a sufficient amount of RAM. In that case, your CPU has to work much harder during data transfer, severely reducing the computer's performance. In addition to the amount of RAM, here are other factors to consider before buying a RAM.
- Memory Type
It is no longer news that just any memory module will not be compatible with your computer. Every computer comes with specific memory requirements depending on the motherboard's configuration and its particular memory type. It is needless to say that DDR3 memory will only work with motherboards with a DDR3 configuration. You should check your computer and its motherboard before picking a RAM for it.
- DIMM Slots and Matched Pairs
The memory slots are dual inline memory connectors, regarded as DIMM slots, which stipulates that memory be installed as exact pairs in the right places. Should you be buying two memory sticks, ensure they are of the same frequencies. Paring two memory speeds of varying frequencies could lead to upgrade problems and low performance.Purchase high-quality PC3-12800 memory modules of different sizes here on allhdd.com and enjoy free ground shipping to 48 states in the U.S. today.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.