Product Overview of 3KC27 Dell 9300-8E SAS 12GBPS
The Dell 3KC27 9300-8E SAS 12GBPS 8-Port External PCI-E 3.0 X8 Controller is a computer hardware component that allows you to connect multiple hard drives to your system. In this article, we will delve into the features and functions of this device, its compatibility with various operating systems, and its benefits for users.
Dell 3KC27 9300-8E SAS 12GBPS 8-Port External PCI-E 3.0 X8 Controller
The Dell 3KC27 9300-8E SAS 12GBPS 8-Port External PCI-E 3.0 X8 Controller is a high-performance storage controller that allows users to connect up to eight hard drives to their computer. It supports SAS and SATA interfaces and has a maximum transfer rate of 12 Gbps. This device is a PCIe 3.0 x8 controller, which means that it uses a high-speed PCIe interface to communicate with your system.
Features and Benefits
The Dell 3KC27 9300-8E SAS 12GBPS 8-Port External PCI-E 3.0 X8 Controller has several features and benefits that make it an attractive option for users. Some of these include:
- High-speed data transfer rates: With a maximum transfer rate of 12 Gbps, this device can transfer data quickly and efficiently. This is particularly useful for users who need to transfer large amounts of data between hard drives.
- Supports SAS and SATA interfaces: The Dell 3KC27 9300-8E SAS 12GBPS 8-Port External PCI-E 3.0 X8 Controller supports both SAS and SATA interfaces, which means that it can be used with a wide range of hard drives.
- External connectivity: This device is designed to be connected externally to your computer, which means that it can be used with systems that have limited internal storage capacity.
- Compatibility: The Dell 3KC27 9300-8E SAS 12GBPS 8-Port External PCI-E 3.0 X8 Controller is compatible with a wide range of operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and VMware. This makes it a versatile option for users.
- Easy to install: This device is easy to install and requires minimal configuration, which means that users can get up and running quickly.
Compatibility with Operating Systems
The Dell 3KC27 9300-8E SAS 12GBPS 8-Port External PCI-E 3.0 X8 Controller is compatible with a wide range of operating systems. These include:
- Windows: This device is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.
- Linux: The Dell 3KC27 9300-8E SAS 12GBPS 8-Port External PCI-E 3.0 X8 Controller is compatible with a wide range of Linux distributions, including Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, Ubuntu, and CentOS.
- VMware: This device is compatible with VMware ESXi 6.0, 6.5, and 6.7.
General Information about the Dell 3KC27
- Brand Name : Dell
- Part Number or SKU# 3KC27
- Sub-Type : 8 Port
- Type : Controller
- Host Bus Type X8 Lane PCI Express 3.0
- Physical Dimensions Low Profile (2.6" X 6.0")
- Devices Supported 1024 Non-Raid SAS/SATA Devices
- External Connectors 2 MINI-SAS HD SFF8644
- Fusion Mpt Support Fusion MPT 2.5
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE 0°C TO 55°C
- Operating Voltage (V) +12V +/-8%, 3.3V +/-9%
- Os Support Microsoft Windows, Linux (Suse , Red Hat), Solaris, Vmware , Freebsd See The Downloads Page For Details On Versions The Hba Supports Solaris 10 And Oracle Provides A Built In Driver. Installation Of An Lsi Driver Is Not Required.
- Pci Power 14.5w
- Cable Support Passive Copper, Active Optical
- I/O Controller LSI SAS3008
- MTBF > 2,800,000 Hours
- Operating Humidity 5% To 90% Non-Condensing
- Data Transfer Rates 12GB/S SAS-3 Compliant
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
SAS controllers facilitate the use of SATA drives to increase the storage capacity with extreme ease. You can get the best SAS SATA controllers here on allhdd.com. Our SAS SATA controllers are some of the best you can find around at the best prices.
SATA is the acronym for Serial Advanced Technology Attachment while the SCSI, nicknamed Scuzzy, is short for Serial Attached Small Computer System Interface.
SATA and SAS connectors help link up your computer components, including media and hard drives to the system's motherboard. SATA drives are more affordable and used for personal computing while fast and reliable SAS drives are the best fit for servers.
On the other hand, SAS controllers work flawlessly on SATA hard drives because both share identical infrastructure and possess related characteristics.
If you'd prefer speed over space, then a SAS-based hard drive is your best bet. However, SATA drives on the other hand, while lagging in terms of speed have a much larger storage capacity.
Data Transfer Speed
Throughput is the volume of data that a drive can move, process, or read and write in a specific amount of time. The drive's throughput is usually tested to measure its speed.
The Input/output operations per second (IOPS) may also be measured. However, the IOPS and throughput outcomes usually imply the same things about the drive.
While the SAS drives boast higher throughput than SATA drives; there are fewer general delays. But there is some overlap between the more high-speed SATA drives and slower SAS drives. On allhdd.com, you can shop some of the best SAS SATA controllers from well-known brands across the world.
While a handful of factors affect the drive's performance, the major factor affecting throughput is the revolution per minute (rpm). Consequently, the higher the rpm, the higher the drive's throughput.
The speed variation is most notable when dealing with large files. A SAS drive boasting 15000 rpm will most likely read and write a 1TB file faster than a SATA drive with 7200 rpm.
Most SATA-based drives' usual speed ranges from 5400 rpm to 7200 rpm, and most SAS-based drives run between 7200 rpm and 15000 rpm.
SAS-SATA Controllers on Allhdd.com
While you can count on both quality and affordability, we also bring you a wide range of SAS SATA controllers to cater to your storage needs. SAS and SATA's notable difference is that SAS is developed to endure 24/7 performance in firms, including data centers. Choose from our collection of top-quality SAS SATA controllers including 24 Port, PERC H830, Expander Card, PERC H330, PERC H730, PERC 5, Host Bus Adapter, Equallogic, PERC H710, 4 Port, 1-Port, 8 Port, PERC H700, PERC H800, Smart Array, Serveraid, PERC H740, Raid Controller, PCI-E, 12 Port, Controller Card, and16 Port.
You can use a SATA drive for servers just as you would use a SAS drive. However, the SATA drive would deliver a slower performance and a higher probability of failing or hinting at a failure. This laxity could prove expensive to firms that depend on such drives.
A SAS drive has a mean time between failures (MTBF) that ranges from (1.2-1.6 million) hours of use at 113°F (45°C), while that of a SATA drive is about (700,000-1.2 million) hours of use at 77°F (25°C).
SATA disk drives offer many benefits, including the fact that they boast an unbeatable combination of low cost, high capacity, and performance. Taking advantage of this with SAS SATA controllers could bring a significant return on investment. You can count on a 24/7 customer care center for all issues regarding sales and delivery. Allhdd.com delivers all items free of charge within the 48 U. S. states. Please choose from our collection of top-quality SAS SATA controllers today for optimum performance.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.