SAS interface and Data Transfer Rate
The SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) interface and data transfer rate refer to the way in which the 400-AVBS Dell 2.4TB 10K RPM SAS-12GBPS 256MB 512E Hard Drive connects to and communicates with other hardware and software systems.
- SAS Interface: The 400-AVBS Dell 2.4TB 10K RPM SAS-12GBPS 256MB 512E Hard Drive uses the SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) interface to connect to other systems. SAS is a high-speed data transfer interface that is designed for use in enterprise-level storage systems. It provides faster data transfer rates and greater reliability than other interfaces such as SATA.
- Data Transfer Rates: The hard drive has a data transfer rate of 12 Gb/s, which means it can transfer data at a rate of up to 12 gigabits per second. This high data transfer rate enables the drive to handle large amounts of data and to quickly access frequently used data.
- Dual-port SAS: This hard drive also supports dual-port SAS, which allows the drive to connect to two SAS controllers at the same time. This can provide redundancy and allows the drive to be accessed in case one controller fails.
- Connectivity: The hard drive connects to the host using a SAS 12Gbps interface. This interface is compatible with a wide range of servers and storage systems, including Dell PowerEdge servers and storage systems.
By using the SAS interface and having high data transfer rates, the 400-AVBS Dell 2.4TB 10K RPM SAS-12GBPS 256MB 512E Hard Drive can provide faster data transfer and greater reliability than other interfaces. Additionally, the dual-port SAS feature provides redundancy and allows the drive to be accessed in case one controller fails. The 12Gbps interface is compatible with many systems and supports high-speed data transfer rates.
Data Protection and Backup Solutions
Data protection and backup solutions refer to the methods and technologies used to ensure that data stored on a hard drive is safe and secure, and can be recovered in the event of a problem.
- RAID Configuration: RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks) is a technology that can be used to improve the performance and reliability of hard drives. RAID can be configured in different ways to achieve different levels of performance and protection. RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10 and 50 are some of the common RAID levels that can be used to protect data.
- Backup software: Backup software can be used to create regular backups of the data stored on the hard drive, which can be used to restore data in the event of a problem. This can help to ensure that data is not lost permanently in the event of a hard drive failure.
- Error Correction: Error correction technology can be used to detect and correct errors that may occur when data is written to or read from the hard drive, which can help to prevent data loss and ensure that the hard drive continues to function correctly over time.
- Encryption: Data encryption can be used to protect sensitive data by encrypting it, so that it can only be accessed with a specific key or password. This can help to ensure that data is not accessible to unauthorized users, even if the hard drive is lost or stolen.
- Remote monitoring and management: Remote monitoring and management solutions can be used to monitor the health of the hard drive and detect potential issues early, which can help to reduce the risk of data loss and ensure that the hard drive continues to function correctly over time.
- Snapshot: Snapshot is a feature that allows you to create point-in-time copies of your data. This can be useful for creating backups of your data or for creating backups of your system before making changes.
By implementing these solutions and following these tips, the 400-AVBS Dell 2.4TB 10K RPM SAS-12GBPS 256MB 512E Hard Drive can be protected and the data can be recovered in the event of a problem. RAID levels, backup software, error correction, encryption, remote monitoring and
Advanced Format Technology and 512E Format
Advanced Format Technology and 512E Format are technologies used to improve the performance and reliability of hard drives.
Advanced Format Technology is a method of formatting hard drives that increases the physical sector size of the drive from 512 bytes to 4,096 bytes (4K). This change in sector size results in a more efficient and reliable storage of data, and helps to reduce the amount of disk space wasted due to disk alignment.
The 400-AVBS Dell 2.4TB 10K RPM SAS-12GBPS 256MB 512E Hard Drive uses the 512E format which is an advanced format that uses 4,096 byte sectors internally, but still presents itself to the host as having 512 byte sectors. This allows for better performance and improved reliability in the drive, while also ensuring backward compatibility with legacy systems that only support 512 byte sectors.
This technology helps to increase the accuracy of the data stored on the drive, and can also help to reduce the likelihood of data errors. Additionally, it allows for more efficient storage of data on the drive, which can help to improve performance and increase the drive's overall capacity.
- Manufacturer : Dell
- Manufacturer Part Number : 400-AVBS
- Product Type : Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
- Sub- Product Type : SAS-12GBPS
- Storage Capacity : 2.4 TB
- Form Factor : 2.5 Inch
- Interface : SAS-12GBPS
- Cache : 256 MB
- Features : Advanced Format 512e
- Hardware Encryption : Yes (self-encrypting Fips 140)
- Rotational Speed : 10K RPM
- External Transfer Rate : 1200 MBPS
- Buffer : 256 MB
- Interfaces : 1 X SAS 12GB/S
- Compatible Bays : 1 X Hot-swap - 2.5inch
- poweredge Fc630
- poweredge Fc640
- poweredge Fc830
- poweredge M520
- poweredge M620
- poweredge M630
- poweredge M640
- poweredge M640 Vrtx
- poweredge M820
- poweredge M830
- poweredge M915
- poweredge Vrtx
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.