Introduction to the 9W8C4 Dell 2.5Inch to 3.5Inch Mounting Bracket
The 9W8C4 Dell 2.5Inch to 3.5Inch Mounting Bracket is a simple and cost-effective solution that enables you to add 2.5-inch SAS or SATA hard drives, solid-state drives (SSDs), or self-encrypting drives (SEDs) into 3.5-inch drive bays. The bracket is specifically designed to fit into Dell PowerEdge servers and PowerVault storage arrays, as well as other devices that have 3.5-inch drive bays.
By using the 9W8C4 Dell Mounting Bracket, you can increase the storage capacity of your Dell PowerEdge servers or other devices that have limited 3.5-inch drive bays. The bracket is an ideal solution for small and medium-sized businesses that require additional storage capacity without having to upgrade their existing hardware.
The 9W8C4 Dell Mounting Bracket is easy to install and requires no additional tools or hardware. Simply attach the bracket to the 2.5-inch drive and then slide the drive into the 3.5-inch drive bay. The bracket provides a secure and stable fit for the 2.5-inch drive, ensuring that it is held in place during operation.
Features and Benefits of the 9W8C4 Dell Mounting Bracket
The 9W8C4 Dell Mounting Bracket offers several features and benefits that make it a valuable addition to your server or storage device. Here are some of the key features and benefits of the 9W8C4 Dell Mounting Bracket:
- Cost-effective: The 9W8C4 Dell Mounting Bracket is an affordable solution that enables you to add 2.5-inch drives to your 3.5-inch drive bays, without the need to purchase a new system.
- Increased storage capacity: By adding 2.5-inch drives to your system, you can increase your storage capacity and store more data.
- Compatibility: The 9W8C4 Dell Mounting Bracket is specifically designed to fit into Dell PowerEdge servers, PowerVault storage arrays, and other devices that have 3.5-inch drive bays, ensuring compatibility with a wide range of systems.
- Ease of installation: The 9W8C4 Dell Mounting Bracket is easy to install and requires no additional tools or hardware.
- Improved performance: The 9W8C4 Dell Mounting Bracket allows you to use high-performance 2.5-inch drives, which can help improve the overall performance of your system.
- Durability: The 9W8C4 Dell Mounting Bracket is made of high-quality materials that are built to last, ensuring that your drives are securely mounted and protected during operation.
Installation Procedure for the 9W8C4 Dell Mounting Bracket
The installation procedure for the 9W8C4 Dell Mounting Bracket is relatively straightforward and can be completed in just a few simple steps. Here's a basic installation guide:
- Turn off your server or storage device and disconnect all cables and power cords.
- Open the server or storage device case and locate the 3.5-inch drive bay where you want to install the 2.5-inch drive.
- Remove any existing 3.5-inch drives or mounting brackets from the bay.
- Attach the 2.5-inch drive to the 9W8C4 Dell Mounting Bracket using the screws provided.
- Slide the 9W8C4 Dell Mounting Bracket with the attached 2.5-inch drive into the empty 3.5-inch drive bay.
- Align the screw holes on the 9W8C4 Dell Mounting Bracket with the screw holes on the drive bay and secure the bracket in place using the screws provided.
- Close the server or storage device case and reconnect all cables and power cords.
- Turn on the server or storage device and check that the 2.5-inch drive is recognized by the system.
That's it! You have successfully installed the 9W8C4 Dell Mounting Bracket and added a 2.5-inch drive to your system. The installation process may vary slightly depending on the specific server or storage device model you are working with, so be sure to consult the user manual or online resources for detailed instructions.
- Part No. # 9W8C4
- Manufacturer : Dell
- Dell PowerEdge R320, R420, R430, R520, R530, R720, R720xd, R730, R730xd, R820, R830 servers.
- Dell PowerEdge T320, T420, T430, T620, T630 towers.
- Dell PowerVault MD1200, MD3200, MD3200i, MD3400, MD3400i storage arrays.
- Dell Precision T5810, T7810, T7910 workstations.
Hard drive tray
Given this era of digital downloads, you'd want to get the best out of your CD/DVD drive slot. Typically, laptops come with a 12.7mm optical bay, and this serves as an interface where you can add additional storage to your PC. While you can choose from a wide range of products to meet your set up needs on allhdd.com, we shall also be showing you how to complete the process. We have a collection of components including, Poweredge, Proliant, SATA, Bracket, and Disk Bracket for your hard disk drive caddy and SATA Bay Adapter Converter Bracket Mounting Kit needs.
The SLED Hard Drive
In the RAID, advanced systems replace a single disk with a collection of smaller or more flexible disks or storage drives. The direct opposite of the redundant array of independent disks (RAID) is SLED—short for a single large expensive disk. Unlike RAID, the SLED hard drive system is based on a single large drive instead of an array of smaller drives.
The SATA optical bay hard drive caddy enables you to install a second SATA hard drive or solid-state drive in place of the CD/DVD drive; thus, you have more storage space for your PC.
Typically, earlier laptops come with a DVD drive. However, DVD drives have fast faded from notebooks in the past few years as we don't use them as much as we used to.
Suppose you are one of those wanting to abandon the internal optical drive and install a second hard disk drive (HDD); in that case, you'll need a hard drive caddy. With the hard drive tray, you can successfully replace the optical disk drive (DVD) with a 2.5-inch SSD (solid-state drive) or HDD.
What Is Hard Drive Caddy?
HDD Caddy is a dedicated casing built from aluminum for the SSD or hard drive. The casing flaunts a plastic frame for mounting a single 2.5-inch hard drive or SSD. On the other hand, the frame has an adapter that connects the hard drive or SSD with the notebook computer's connector. HDD Caddy is designed to have the same dimensions as the PC's DVD drive, enabling it to sit comfortably in the bay.
The DVD drive has to make way for the hard drive tray. This shouldn't be a problem as there are many alternatives to watching movies on a disc today. What's more interesting is that you wouldn't notice the difference between a laptop with an HDD Caddy and a DVD drive.
How to Install the Hard Drive Caddy
Follow these simple steps to install the caddy.
- Order the drive caddy from allhdd.com
- Choose which drive best suits your needs: HDD or SSD?
- Remove the DVD drive
- Insert the hard drive in the tray
- Place the caddy in the bay.
Voila! You have successfully installed the hard drive on your laptop.
You can buy a bracket mounting kit, a 2.5" SSD-SATA Hard Drive-Desktop 3.5" SATA Bay Adapter Converter for this same purpose for desktop computers. Buy on allhdd.com for unbeatable performance and reward for your investment.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.