Using the HP 652232-B21 for Data Backup and Archiving
Using the HP 652232-B21 12.77MM DVD±RW & CD-RW SATA Internal Optical Disk Drive for data backup and archiving can involve the following steps:
- Insert a blank disc: Insert a blank DVD or CD into the drive, depending on the type of data you want to backup or archive.
- Select the data to backup or archive: Use your computer's file explorer or a backup software to select the files or folders that you want to backup or archive.
- Start the backup or archiving process: Depending on the software you are using, this may involve clicking on a "Burn" or "Archive" button.
- Label the disc: Once the backup or archiving process is complete, label the disc with the date and contents of the backup or archive for future reference.
- Repeat the process: Repeat the above steps as necessary to backup or archive additional data.
It's important to note that backup or archiving of the data to an optical disc is a one-time-write process and the data once written cannot be modified or deleted.
Also, the lifespan of an optical disc is dependent on the environmental conditions they are stored in, it's recommended to store the backup or archive in a cool, dry place and away from direct sunlight.
Maintenance and Troubleshooting for the HP 652232-B21
Maintenance and troubleshooting for the HP 652232-B21 12.77MM DVD±RW & CD-RW SATA Internal Optical Disk Drive may include the following steps:
- Cleaning the drive: Use a soft, dry cloth to wipe the drive's exterior and lens, making sure to remove any dust or debris that may have accumulated.
- Checking for firmware updates: Check the HP website for any available firmware updates for the drive, and follow the instructions provided to install the update.
- Checking for driver updates: Check the HP website for any available driver updates for the drive, and follow the instructions provided to install the update.
- Checking for disc compatibility: Verify that the disc you are trying to use is compatible with the drive by checking the disc's label or by consulting the drive's user manual.
- Checking for cable connections: Make sure that all cables are securely connected to the drive and the computer.
- Checking for power: Verify that the drive is properly powered on and that the power cord is plugged in.
- Checking for software conflicts: Make sure that any software you are using to read or write to the drive is compatible with your operating system and is up to date.
- Checking the disc: Check the disc for any scratches or damage, if the disc is damaged it may be unable to read or write data.
- Checking for SMART error: Use a SMART error checking software to check for any error with the drive, if an error is detected then replace the drive.
- Contacting HP support: If you are still experiencing problems with the drive, contact HP support for further assistance.
How to Use the HP 652232-B21 for Burning CDs and DVDs
- Performance and speed of the HP 652232-B21
- Comparison of the HP 652232-B21 with other optical drive models
- Warranty and support options for the HP 652232-B21
- How to upgrade firmware on the HP 652232-B21
- Common error messages and solutions for the HP 652232-B21
- Integration of the HP 652232-B21 with other hardware and software.
Performance and Speed of the HP 652232-B21
- Compatibility of the HP 652232-B21 with different disc formats and recording speeds
- Tips for optimizing the performance of the HP 652232-B21
- Measuring and benchmarking the performance of the HP 652232-B21
- Troubleshooting performance issues with the HP 652232-B21
- Upgrading the HP 652232-B21 for improved performance
- Comparison of the HP 652232-B21 performance with other optical drive models
- Common performance issues and their solutions.
- Manufacturer: Hewlett Packard
- MPN: 652232-B21
- Type: Multimedia
- Multimedia Type: DVD-RW
- Product Name: Internal
- Width 10.08 cm
- Weight 665g
- Height 27.305 cm
- Depth 19.83 cm
- Hp Offers A Broad Range Of Optical Devices To Enhance Storage Capabilities For Your Business And Home Pcs
- Product Type: DVD-Reader
- Technical Information
- Optical Media Supported: DVD-ROM
Interfaces / Ports:
- Drive Interface: SATA
- Physical Characteristics
- Color: Black
- Drive Type: Internal
- Compatible Drive Bay
- Hp Proliant Dl380 Server Series
- oHP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 8 LFF Configure-to-order Server
- oHP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 8 SFF Configure-to-order Server
- oHP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 E5-2609 1P 4GB-R P420i SFF 460W PS Entry Server
- oHP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 E5-2609 1P 8GB-R P420i/ZMR SATA SFF 460W PS Server/S-Buy
- oHP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 E5-2620 1P 16GB-R P420i SFF 460W PS Base Server
- oHP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 E5-2620 1P 16GB-R P420i/ZM SATA SFF 460W PS Server/S-Buy
- oHP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 E5-2630 1P 16GB-R P420i SFF 460W PS Base Server
- oHP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 E5-2630 2P 16GB-R P420i FBWC SFF 460W PS Server/S-Buy
- oHP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 E5-2630 2P 16GB-R P420i Hot Plug SFF 460W PS ES Server
- oHP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 E5-2640 1P 16GB-R P420i 300GB SFF 750W PS BR Svr/S-Buy
- oHP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 E5-2640 1P 16GB-R P420i SFF 460W PS Base Server
- oHP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 E5-2640 2P 16GB-R P420i FBWC SFF 460W PS Server/S-Buy
- oHP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 E5-2650 2P 32GB-R P420i SFF 750W PS High Perf Server
- oHP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 E5-2660 2P 32GB-R P420i FBWC SFF 750W PS Server/S-Buy
- oHP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 E5-2665 2P 32GB-R P420i SFF 750W PS High Perf Server
- oHP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 E5-2670 2P 32GB-R P420i FBWC SFF 750W PS Server/S-Buy
- oHP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 E5-2690 2P 32GB-R P420i SATA SFF 750W PS High Perf Server
About New Bulk Pack Products
Multimedia - DVD-RW
If you are familiar with the DVD ROM drives, there is nothing much to learn about the DVD-RW drives. They are the same and use a SATA interface. The only difference is that the latter one can write data to DVD optical disks. DVD ROM drive can only read data, which is a bottleneck in applications where data needs to be written to the disks. DVD RW is basically a SATA drive with both properties and is sometimes referred to as DVD burners.
Factors to Consider When Buying DVD RW
The market can be a challenging avenue where things get more complex than you ever thought. It is not just a matter of walking and picking the product you need. An experienced shopper will have an informed opinion on what he or she is looking for. Consider the following factors:
External vs Internal Drives
DVD-RW are of two main types depending on where they are used. Internal optical drives are fixed within the drive bay in your system, while external drives connect to the system through a USB cable. Each drive type is used in different situations. If you already have a DVD-ROM drive sitting in the internal system bay, then you can opt for a DVD-RW external drive if you need a write capability. Some people would prefer to remove the ROM drive and replace it with an RW drive. That is an option if the two drives are of the same form factors.
DVD RW Brand
This will depend on your system. For example, there is a specific DVD RW drive for Lenovo ThinkPad and an Optical disk drive for ProLiant servers. The same goes for other brands as well. When shopping, ensure to match them. The drives are not cross-compatible.
Different DVD drives have varying form factors, even if they are of the same brand. For example, IDE optical drives have two different sizes: half height and slim. Once again, you have to consider the size of the drive bay in your system before concluding the purchase.Being keen on these parameters is what will make the difference between an excellent and bad shopping experience. If you are looking for the best drives, then end your search with us. ALLHDD has all the major brands and models of DVD RW drives for every computer system. We also have a sales team to help you buy the right drive. Contact us for more information.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 652232-B21 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.