Energy Efficiency Management
Energy Efficiency Management refers to the set of technologies and practices used to reduce the power consumption of a network device, such as the HPE 6125g Ethernet Blade Switch. This is important because network devices can consume a significant amount of energy, leading to increased operating costs and a larger carbon footprint.
The HPE 6125g Ethernet Blade Switch includes several energy efficiency features to help reduce its power consumption and improve its overall energy efficiency. Some of these features include:
- Power-saving modes: The switch supports power-saving modes, such as Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE), that reduce power consumption by reducing the power used by the switch's ports when there is no data traffic.
- Dynamic power management: The switch dynamically adjusts its power consumption based on the amount of data traffic, reducing power consumption when traffic is low and increasing power when traffic is high.
- Energy-efficient design: The switch is designed with energy efficiency in mind, using low-power components and reducing power consumption in all aspects of its design.
By implementing these and other energy efficiency features, the HPE 6125g Ethernet Blade Switch helps organizations reduce their operating costs and carbon footprint, while providing a high-performance and reliable networking solution.
Port Connectivity Options
Port Connectivity Options refer to the different types of ports available on a network switch and the types of devices that can be connected to those ports. The HPE 6125g Ethernet Blade Switch has 8 ports, and the type of port connectivity options available would depend on the specific model.
Typically, Ethernet switches offer different types of ports to support various network devices, such as servers, storage devices, and other network devices. The most common port types include:
- Copper Ethernet ports: These are standard Ethernet ports that use copper cables to connect to network devices. They support fast Ethernet (100 Mbps) or gigabit Ethernet (1 Gbps) speeds.
- Fiber optic ports: These are ports that support optical fiber cables for high-speed connectivity. They can support speeds ranging from 1 Gbps to 100 Gbps.
- SFP/SFP+ ports: SFP (Small Form-Factor Pluggable) and SFP+ (Small Form-Factor Pluggable Plus) are transceiver modules that plug into a switch port and provide fiber optic connectivity. They allow the switch to support different types of fiber optic cables, such as single-mode or multi-mode fiber.
- Combo ports: These are ports that support both copper Ethernet cables and fiber optic cables, allowing the switch to support both types of connections.
By understanding the different port connectivity options available, network administrators can choose the right type of switch that meets their specific network requirements and connect the appropriate network devices to the switch.
Compatibility with HPE BladeSystems
Compatibility with HPE BladeSystems refers to the ability of the HPE 6125g Ethernet Blade Switch to work seamlessly with HPE BladeSystems, which are modular server platforms designed to provide a flexible, scalable, and high-performance computing infrastructure.
The HPE 6125g Ethernet Blade Switch is specifically designed to be used as a plug-in module in HPE BladeSystems, providing Ethernet connectivity to the blade servers within the BladeSystem. This allows network administrators to easily expand their network infrastructure without the need for additional standalone switches or complex cabling arrangements.
By using an HPE BladeSystem with the HPE 6125g Ethernet Blade Switch, network administrators can benefit from:
- Simplified network infrastructure: The BladeSystem provides a unified and integrated platform for computing, networking, and storage, reducing the complexity of the network infrastructure.
- Scalable networking: The HPE 6125g Ethernet Blade Switch supports multiple units within a single BladeSystem, allowing network administrators to expand their network infrastructure as needed.
- High availability: The BladeSystem provides built-in redundancy and high availability features, ensuring that network services remain available even in the event of hardware failures.
- Energy efficiency: The HPE 6125g Ethernet Blade Switch and the BladeSystem are designed to be energy-efficient, reducing power consumption and helping to lower operating costs.
By ensuring compatibility with HPE BladeSystems, the HPE 6125g Ethernet Blade Switch provides a flexible, scalable, and high-performance networking solution for organizations using HPE BladeSystems.
- Device Type : Switch - 8 Ports - Managed - Stackable
- Enclosure Type : Plug-In Module
- Ports : 4 X 10/100/1000 + 2 X Gigabit Sfp + 2 X Gigabit Sfp / 10 Gigabit Sfp+
- Capacity : Igmp Groups : 1024
- Mac Address Table Size : 32k Entries
- Jumbo Frame Support : 9220
- Routing Protocol : Ospf, Rip-1, Rip-2, Bgp, Igmp, Vrrp, Pim-Sm, Pim-Dm, Igmpv3, Pim-Ssm, Msdp, Static Ipv4 Routing, Static Ipv6 Routing, Ecmp, Policy-Based Routing (Pbr)
- Remote Management Protocol : Snmp 1, Snmp 3, Snmp 2c, Http, Https, Ssh-2, Cli
- Authentication Method : Radius, Tacacs+, Secure Shell V.2 (Ssh2)
- Ram : 1 Gb
- Flash Memory : 256 Mb
- Status Indicators : Link Activity, Port Transmission Speed
Expansion / Connectivity:
- Interfaces : 4 X 1000base-T - Rj-45
- 2 X Sfp (Mini-Gbic)
- 1 X Rj-45 - Management
- 2 X Sfp/Sfp+
- 16 X Backplane
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.