Compatibility of MSA60 Storage
The HP Storage Works MSA60 Storage Unit is a high-performance, scalable storage solution that is designed to work with a variety of host systems and operating environments. It is compatible with a wide range of servers and operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and VMware.
In terms of host connectivity, the MSA60 storage unit supports both SAS and Fibre Channel host connections, which allows for flexibility in terms of host connectivity options.
The MSA60 storage unit also supports a wide range of RAID levels, including RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, and 10. This allows for the configuration of the storage system to meet the specific requirements of the environment, whether that be high performance, high availability, or a balance of both.
The AG779A I/O Module is designed specifically to be compatible with the HP Storage Works MSA60 Storage Unit. It is a dual-port SAS I/O module that allows for the connection of two host systems to the MSA60 storage unit. The AG779A I/O Module is also compatible with SAS and SATA hard drives.
In order to ensure compatibility, it is important to verify that the specific host systems and operating systems being used are compatible with the MSA60 storage unit and that the correct version of firmware and drivers are being used. It is also important to refer to the HP Storage Works MSA60 Storage Unit and AG779A I/O Module documentation for specific compatibility information.
Installation and Setup
The general installation process is as follows:
- Power off the MSA60 storage unit and the host system.
- Disconnect all cables from the MSA60 storage unit.
- Locate the I/O Module bay in the MSA60 storage unit.
- Remove the blanking panel from the I/O Module bay.
- Carefully align the AG779A I/O Module with the connectors in the I/O Module bay and gently insert the module.
- Secure the AG779A I/O Module to the MSA60 storage unit with the thumbscrews provided.
- Connect one end of the SAS cables to the AG779A I/O Module and the other end to the host system.
- Power on the MSA60 storage unit and the host system.
- Configure the host system and MSA60 storage unit to recognize the AG779A I/O Module.
The process of configuring the host system and MSA60 storage unit to recognize the AG779A I/O Module may vary depending on the operating system being used. It is recommended to refer to the HP Storage Works MSA60 Storage Unit and AG779A I/O Module documentation for specific instructions on how to configure the module for your specific operating system.
The AG779A I/O Module provides several configuration options that can be used to optimize performance and ensure proper operation with the MSA60 storage unit.
- RAID Configuration: The AG779A I/O Module supports RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, and 10. It is important to configure the module for the appropriate RAID level based on the requirements of the storage system and the level of data protection desired.
- Host Connectivity: The AG779A I/O Module provides dual SAS ports for connecting to host systems. It is important to configure the host connections properly to ensure maximum performance and redundancy.
- Drive Configuration: The AG779A I/O Module is compatible with both SAS and SATA drives. It is important to configure the drives properly for the best performance and to ensure that the drives are recognized by the MSA60 storage unit.
- Firmware Upgrade: The AG779A I/O Module firmware can be upgraded to ensure that the module is running the latest version and to take advantage of new features or bug fixes.
- Event Logging: The AG779A I/O Module provides event logging capability that can be used to monitor the health and status of the module. This allows for easy identification of any issues or problems that may arise.
It is important to refer to the HP Storage Works MSA60 Storage Unit and AG779A I/O Module documentation for specific instructions on how to configure the module and the recommended best practices.
- Manufacturer : HP
- Manufacturer Part #AG779A
- Product DescriptionHP Modular Dual Domain I/O Module Option Kit - JBOD I/O module - for StorageWorks Modular Smart Array 60 3.6TB, 70, 70 1.7TB
- Product TypeJBOD I/O module
- Designed ForStorageWorks Modular Smart Array 60 3.6TB Dual Domain High Availability Bundle, 70 1.7TB Dual Domain High Availability Bundle, 70 Dual Domain
About Refurbished Products
Storageworks Modular Smart Array
In today's interconnected world, technology has to play a significant role. Thus, the powerful asset that brings the enhanced productivity, efficiency, and availability of data at fingertips are every other tech-savvy's needs—one such essential and adaptive infrastructure that safeguards and promotes a business in the storage solution. Hence, ALLHDD has brought you the Storageworks modular smart array, an award-winning solution to storage enclosure problems.
Modular Smart Arrays are Reliable!
Modular Smart Array (MSA) comes in multiple variants, including the MSA 1000, MSA 500, and MSA 30. Each one adapts and grows with your IT platform with the smart array technology. This modular smart array allows the MSA-equipped tech-savvies to "hot add" the drives, servers, and disk enclosures. This way, the industrialists and organizations will have improved storage efficiency and a streamlined approach towards management costs.
How to choose between MSA30, MSA500, and MSA1000?
Considering the StorageWorks modular smart array 30 (MSA30), high performance and additional storage problems will be sorted out in no time. MSA30 is an external storage enclosure that not only provides optimized performance, extraordinary scalability, and utmost performance.
MSA 500 (StorageWorks smart array 500) would choose everyone dealing with the industry-leading technology, configuration, and management tools. This standard smart array configuration serves as a 2TB storage solution with the 4-node shared storage and system.
MSA1000 is an entry-level SAN smart array with a fiber channel connection. It can deal with the LAN free backup, node clustering, and more but reduces the overall expenses for servers and storage.
Why Buy From Allhdd?
ALLHDD has brought a wide range of modular smart arrays in the following subcategories to let you choose what you want! Choose the desired MSA from the following list: 2U, Fibre Channel, Rack Mount, Rack Mountable, SAS, SATA, SCSI, SAS-SATA, and Chassis. Find the right option for your needs, order, and enjoy free US ground shipping.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product AG779A at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Enclosure - Storage Array
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.