Advantages of Hot Swap Hard Drives
Hot swap hard drives offer several advantages over traditional hard drives, including:
- Increased uptime: Hot swap hard drives allow for quick and easy replacement of a failed or damaged hard drive without having to shut down the entire system. This means that the system can continue running without interruption, which is especially important in mission-critical applications.
- Reduced maintenance time: Because hot swap hard drives can be replaced without shutting down the system, routine maintenance tasks such as hard drive upgrades or backups can be performed more quickly and with less disruption.
- Improved reliability: Hot swap hard drives can help to improve system reliability by allowing for the rapid replacement of a failed hard drive. This reduces the risk of data loss and downtime due to hard drive failure.
- Easier scalability: Hot swap hard drives make it easier to add storage capacity to a system by allowing new hard drives to be added without shutting down the system. This makes it possible to scale storage capacity up or down as needed without disrupting system operation.
- Flexibility: Hot swap hard drives can be used in a variety of systems, from desktops and laptops to servers and storage arrays. This makes them a versatile storage solution that can be tailored to the needs of a wide range of applications.
Seek Time and Latency
Seek time and latency are two important performance characteristics of hard disk drives (HDDs) that affect the time it takes to read or write data to the disk.
- Seek time: Seek time is the amount of time it takes for the read/write head to move from one track to another on the disk. The shorter the seek time, the faster the read/write head can move to the desired track, and the faster the data can be accessed. Seek time is typically measured in milliseconds (ms).
- Latency: Latency is the amount of time it takes for the desired sector of the disk to rotate under the read/write head once the head has been positioned over the correct track. The shorter the latency, the faster the data can be accessed. Latency is typically measured in milliseconds (ms) as well.
Together, seek time and latency determine the access time of a hard disk drive. Access time is the total time it takes for the disk to retrieve a piece of data, and it is calculated as the sum of seek time and latency. Therefore, reducing seek time and latency can significantly improve the performance of a hard disk drive.
Some factors that affect seek time and latency include the rotational speed of the disk (measured in revolutions per minute or RPM), the distance between tracks (measured in tracks per inch or TPI), and the position of the read/write head.
Capacity and Performance Specifications
Capacity and performance are two important specifications of hard disk drives (HDDs) that are closely related to each other.
- Capacity: Capacity refers to the amount of data that can be stored on the hard disk drive. It is typically measured in units of bytes, with common capacities ranging from gigabytes (GB) to terabytes (TB).
- Performance: Performance refers to how quickly the hard disk drive can access and transfer data. It is typically measured in units of data transfer rate, such as megabytes per second (MB/s) or gigabytes per second (GB/s), and includes metrics such as seek time, latency, and rotational speed.
The relationship between capacity and performance is often a trade-off. As the capacity of a hard disk drive increases, its performance may decrease, since there is more data to access and transfer. On the other hand, a higher-performance hard disk drive may have a smaller capacity due to the need for more expensive and advanced components.
When choosing a hard disk drive, it is important to consider both the capacity and performance specifications that meet your needs. If you need to store large amounts of data, a high-capacity hard disk drive may be the best option. However, if you need fast access to data, a high-performance hard disk drive may be more suitable.
Some common capacity and performance specifications for hard disk drives include:
- Capacity: Typically ranges from several hundred gigabytes to several terabytes, with larger capacities becoming more common in newer hard disk drives.
- Rotational speed: Typically ranges from 5,400 to 15,000 revolutions per minute (RPM), with higher speeds generally indicating faster data transfer rates.
- Data transfer rate: Typically ranges from a few megabytes per second to several hundred megabytes per second, depending on the capacity and rotational speed of the drive.
- Brand Name : HP
- Part Number : EG0600FCHHU
- Type : Hard Drive (HDD)
- HDD -Type : 600 GB 10K RPM
- SKU: EG0600FCHHU
- Capacity : 600 GB
- Form Factor: 2.5 inch
- Spindle Speed: 10000 RPM
- Buffer: 32 MB
- External Data Transfer Rate: 600 MBps
- Enclosure: Hot Swap
Dimension and Weight
- Width : 2.8 Inch
- Depth : 3.9 Inch
- Height : 0.6 Inch
- Weight :0.50 Lbs
- ProLiant BL Series: BL20p (G4) BL45p (G2) BL460c (G6 G7) BL465c (G1 G5 G6 G7) BL480c (BL620c G7)BL680c (G5 G6 G7) BL685c (G6 G7) WS460c (G6 G7)
- ProLiant DL Series: DL1000 DL120 (G6 G7) DL160 (G6 G7) DL160se (G6 G7) DL165 (G6 G7) DL170e (G6 G7) DL170h (G6 G7) DL180 (G6 G7) DL320 (G6 G7) DL360 (G4p G5 G6 G7) DL365 (G1 G5 G6 G7)DL370 (G6 G7) DL380 (G4 G5 G6 G7) DL385 (G1 G2 G3 G4 G5/G5p G6 G7) DL580 (G3 G4 G5 G6 G7) DL585 (G2 G3 G4 G6 G7) DL785 (G6)
- ProLiant ML Series: ML 110 (G7) ML350 (G5 G6 G7) ML370 (G5 G6 G7) ML570 (G3 G4 G5)
- ProLiant SL Series: SL390s (G6 G7)
- HP Storage Systems: D2700 MSA 1040 MSA70 P2000 (G3) X1500 (G2) X16000 (G2) X1800 (G2) X3400 (G2)
- HP StoragEeasy: X3800 (G2) 2000i (G2) 2000sa (G2)
About Refurbished Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product EG0600FCHHU at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Hard Drive - SAS-6GBPS
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.