The J7934-69001 HP JetDirect 620N is an internal print server that allows you to connect your printer to a Local Area Network (LAN) via Ethernet. The 620N supports both 10BaseT and 100BaseTX LAN connections, which are two different types of Ethernet standards.
10BaseT is an Ethernet standard that supports data transfer rates of up to 10 megabits per second (Mbps). It uses a twisted pair cable to transmit data over short distances, typically up to 100 meters. This type of Ethernet is commonly used in small offices or home networks where there is no need for high-speed data transfer.
100BaseTX, on the other hand, is a faster Ethernet standard that supports data transfer rates of up to 100 Mbps. It also uses a twisted pair cable, but it can transmit data over longer distances of up to 100 meters. This type of Ethernet is commonly used in larger offices or organizations where high-speed data transfer is essential.
The HP JetDirect 620N allows you to connect your printer to either a 10BaseT or 100BaseTX LAN connection, depending on the capabilities of your network. This enables you to share your printer with multiple users on the network, and also allows you to print from different devices connected to the network, such as laptops or desktop computers.Configuration Options for the JetDirect 620N Internal Print Server
The J7934-69001 HP JetDirect 620N is an internal print server that allows printers to be connected to a network. It supports two LAN configuration options, 10BaseT and 100BaseTX.
10BaseT is a standard for Ethernet networks that uses twisted-pair cables to transmit data at a maximum speed of 10 Mbps. This configuration option is suitable for small networks with low to moderate data transfer requirements.
100BaseTX is a standard for Fast Ethernet networks that also uses twisted-pair cables, but can transmit data at a maximum speed of 100 Mbps. This configuration option is suitable for larger networks with higher data transfer requirements.
To configure the JetDirect 620N for a LAN connection, you would need to connect the device to the network using an Ethernet cable and then access the device's configuration settings. From there, you can select the appropriate LAN configuration option (10BaseT or 100BaseTX) depending on your network's requirements.Troubleshooting common Issues
J7934-69001 is a type of HP JetDirect 620N internal print server that enables printing over a network connection. This print server supports both 10BaseT and 100BaseTX LAN connections, which means it can work with either a 10 Mbps or 100 Mbps Ethernet network.
Common issues that may arise when troubleshooting the J7934-69001 HP JetDirect 620N internal print server on a LAN include:
- Connectivity issues: One of the most common issues is connectivity problems. This could be due to a faulty cable or port, incorrect IP address settings, or network configuration issues. Ensure that the cables are connected correctly and the printer server is set up with the correct IP address and subnet mask.
- Slow printing speed: If the printing speed is slow, check if the network is congested or if the printer is processing too many print jobs at once. If the network is congested, consider upgrading to a higher bandwidth network. If the printer is processing too many jobs at once, try prioritizing printing jobs.
- Firewall blocking: If the firewall on the LAN is blocking the printer server, configure the firewall settings to allow traffic from the printer server. Ensure that the correct ports are open for communication.
- Compatibility issues: Ensure that the printer server is compatible with the printer model and firmware version. If not, consider upgrading the firmware of the printer or the print server.
- Configuration issues: If the printer server is not configured correctly, the printer may not be able to communicate with the network. Check that the printer server is set up with the correct network settings, including IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway.
- DHCP issues: If the printer server is configured to use DHCP, ensure that the DHCP server is functioning correctly and assigning the correct IP address to the printer server.
- Power issues: Ensure that the printer server is powered on and connected to the network. If the printer server is not receiving power, check the power cable and outlet.
- Manufacturer: HP
- Part Number or SKU # J7934-69001
- Device Type: Print Server Internal
- Data Transfer Rate : 100 MBPS
- Form Factor : Plug-In Module (External)
- Interface : Ethernet
- Connectivity : Cable
- Cabling Type : Ethernet 10 Base-T • Ethernet 100 Base-Tx
- Platform : Sun • PC • Mac
- Data Link Protocol : Ethernet • Fast Ethernet
- Remote Management Protocol : Http • Telnet • Snmp 1 • Snmp 3 • Ipp • Ncp • Snmp 2c • Nds
About Refurbished Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product J7934-69001 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.