Storage and Expansion
The HPE ProLiant DL380p G8 2U rack server comes with a variety of storage and expansion options to meet the diverse needs of different organizations. Some of the key storage and expansion options include:
- Internal Storage: The DL380p G8 supports up to 8 SFF or 4 LFF SAS/SATA/SSD drives, providing a maximum internal storage capacity of 96TB.
- RAID Support: The DL380p G8 supports RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, and 50 for increased data protection and performance.
- External Storage: The DL380p G8 supports external storage options through HPE Smart Array controllers, providing the ability to connect to external storage arrays such as the HPE MSA or HPE StoreVirtual VSA.
- Expansion Slots: The DL380p G8 comes with 8 PCIe expansion slots, providing the ability to add additional storage or other hardware such as network cards, graphics cards, or other add-on cards.
- Tape Backup: The DL380p G8 supports tape backup options through HPE Tape Drives and Tape Libraries, providing the ability to backup large amounts of data to tape for long-term storage.
Networking and Connectivity
Networking and connectivity refer to the various ways that a server can connect to other devices and networks. In the context of the HPE ProLiant DL380p G8 2U rack server, this includes the various ports, interfaces, and protocols that are used to transfer data between the server and other devices.
Some examples of networking and connectivity features that may be included in the DL380p G8 include:
- Ethernet ports: These are used to connect the server to a local area network (LAN) or a wide area network (WAN) using standard Ethernet cables. The DL380p G8 may have multiple Ethernet ports, each with a different speed (e.g. 1 GbE, 10 GbE) depending on the model.
- Fibre Channel ports: These are used to connect the server to a fibre channel storage area network (SAN) using fibre channel cables. This can provide faster and more reliable data transfer for storage-intensive workloads.
- Remote management interfaces: These allow administrators to remotely access and manage the server using tools such as HPE iLO (Integrated Lights-Out) or other out-of-band management protocols.
- USB ports: These can be used to connect external devices such as keyboards, mice, and storage drives to the server.
Energy Efficiency and Cooling
Energy efficiency and cooling refer to the measures and technologies that are used to minimize the energy consumption and heat generation of a server, while maintaining optimal performance and reliability. In the case of the HPE ProLiant DL380p G8 2U rack server, energy efficiency and cooling solutions include:
- Power supply units (PSUs) with high efficiency ratings, which can reduce the amount of energy consumed by the server.
- Dynamic Power Capping, which allows the server to automatically adjust its power consumption based on workload, reducing energy consumption during periods of low usage.
- Advanced Cooling Technology, such as the use of hot-plug fans, which can be replaced without shutting down the server, allowing for more efficient cooling and less downtime.
- Active Cooling, which uses advanced algorithms to optimize the cooling of the server based on temperature, airflow, and other factors.
- Temperature monitoring and thermal management, which allows the server to automatically adjust its cooling settings to prevent overheating and ensure optimal performance.
- Manufacturer: Hewlett Packard Enterprise(HPE)
- MPN: 670856-S01
- Type: Server
- Sub-Type: ProLiant DL380P
- SKU: 670856-S01
- Product Name: Proliant Dl380p G8 2u-Rack Smart Buy Server
Processor & Chipset
- Processor Type: Intel Xeon E5-2620 / 2 GHz
- Compatible Slots: Lga2011 Socket
- Multi-Core Technology: Hexa-Core (6 Core)
- Quickpath Interconnect: 7.20 Gt/S
- 64 Bit Computing: Yes
- Installed Qty: 1
- Max Supported Qty: 2
- Upgradability: Upgradable
- Processor Main Features: Hyper Threading Technology
- Chipset Model: Intel C600
- Type: L3 Cache
- Installed Size: 30 Mb
- Cache Per Processor: 15 Mb
- Installed Size: 16 Gb / 768 Gb (Max)
- Technology: Ddr3 Sdram
- Memory Speed: 1333 Mhz
- Memory Specifications Compliance: Pc3-10600
- Form Factor: Dimm 240-Pin
- Number Of Total Memory Slots: 24
- Registered, Dual Rank, Quad Channel Memory Architecture, Hp Smartmemory
- Configuration Features: 2 X 8 Gb
- Ram Supported:
- Pc3-12800 - 384 Gb - Registered
- Pc3-10600 - 768 Gb
- Pc3-10600 - 128 Gb - Unbuffered - Advanced Ecc
- Hard Drive: None
- Memory Card Supported: Secure Digital (Sd) Card
- Optical Drive Bay: Optional Slim Optical Bay (Sata Dvd-Rw /Rom Optical Drive)
- Standard: 8 Sff Sas/Sata Hdd Bays
- Optional: +8 Sff (Total Of 16) Sff Sas/Sata Hdd Bays
- Maximum Internal Storage Supports:
- Hot Plug Sff Sas 16.0tb 16 X 1tb (With Optional Sff Drive Cage)
- Hot Plug Sff Sata 16.0tb 16 X 1tb (With Optional Sff Drive Cage)
- Hot Plug Sff Sas Ssd 12.8tb 16 X 800gb (With Optional Sff Drive Cage)
- Storage Controller Type: 1 X Raid - Plug-In Card - Pci Express 3.0 X8
- Controller Interface Type: Serial Ata-300 / Sas 2.0
- Storage Controller Name: Hp Smart Array P420i With 1gb Fbwc
- Raid Level: Raid 0 Raid 1 Raid 5 Raid 10 Raid 50
- Buffer Size: 1 Gb
Display & Graphics
- Graphics Type: Integrated
- Graphics Controller Model: Matrox G200
Network & Communication
- One Hp Ethernet 1gb 4-Port 331flr Adapter
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Ethernet Ports: 4 X Gigabit Ethernet
- Ethernet Controller(S): Hp 331flr
- Data Link Protocol: Ethernet Fast - Ethernet - Gigabit Ethernet
- Network (Rj-45): Yes
- Remote Management Controller: Integrated Lights-Out 4
- Features: Wake On Lan (Wol), Pxe Support
- Compliant Standards: Ieee 802.3, Ieee 802.3u, Ieee 802.1q, Ieee 802.3ab, Ieee 802.1p, Ieee 802.3ad (Lacp)
- Buffer Memory: 276 Mb
- Device Type: Power Supply Hot Plug
- Power Redundancy: Yes
- Power Redundancy Scheme: 1+1
- Installed Qty: 2
- Max Supported Qty: 2
- Voltage Required: Ac 120/220 V
- Power Provided: 460w Watt
Dimensions & Weight
- Width: 17.5 Inch
- Depth: 27.5 Inch
- Height: 3.4 Inch
- Weight: 40.98 Lbs
Server - ProLiant DL380P
With the release of ProLiant DL380p, HPE's have been more focused on the 2U rack servers. This 2-socket server is not just an improved version regarding design and assembly but in performance as well. Also, the 2U design gets its fame from the easy upgradability option due to flat cable design. Apart from this, the advanced and updated LOM will take no PCIe slots to the network connectivity. All in all, you can utilize this HP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 server in the data centers and SMBs. With the rugged build quality and high-level performance, this rack server is a great choice! Here's more you need to know to explore the benefits and usage of DL380p.
DL380P Gen8 Supports the Dual Processor Configuration:
These servers support single and dual processor configurations from the Intel Xeon E5-2600 and its V2.0 series. The E5-2600 V2 processors can provide an upsurge in performance by 35% from its predecessors. SmartSocket Guide will implement the changes without any hassle, reducing the risk of damaging the CPU.
We, at ALLHDD, have the following range of DL380p servers: Xeon, Xeon 2.0GHz, Xeon 2.10GHz, Xeon 2.20GHz, and Xeon 2.30GHz. You can also buy Xeon 2.40GHz, Xeon 2.50GHz, Xeon 2.60GHz, Xeon 2.70GHz, Xeon 2.90GHz, and Xeon 3.0GHz so select the one that will meet your requirements, or you ask our Customer Service for support.
HP ProLiant DL380P's Smart Memory:
HPE has introduced the Smart Memory feature in this DL380p G8 series which is thoroughly tested and certified by professionals. This attribute makes this stack server perform best out of all. This intelligent array module can support up to three DIMMs each and 12 DIMMs per processor in terms of memory. Thus, the numbers will rise to double in the case of dual-processor configuration. This ProLiant server system supports UDIMM, LRDIMM, and RDIMM as well. Moreover, like the other HPE's Gen8 servers, it can reach up to 1066 MHz of memory speeds. However, there is no mixing of memory modules supported in this server.
PCIe Expansion Slots are Available:
Upgradability is one thing that a tech-savvy must crave for! Investing in this HP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 will not let you down for years now, as you can upgrade the system via six PCIe expansion slots. However, all the PCIe slots function only in the dual-processor configuration mode.
DL380P has the Extensive Management Firmware:
Extensive Management Engine by HPE handles the complexities and mishaps. A standard set of features or rules comes equipped with this management engine integrated into this ProLiant DL380p G8 server. Moreover, it is backed up by the Integrated Lights Out (iLO 4.0) on-board, which reduces the response time and resolves the problems as fast as it can. Another Smart Update from the HPE quickly reduces the deployment time by updating the server infrastructure.
Why buy from ALLHDD?ALLHDD got your back covered when it comes to updated server and networking infrastructure. We have covered all the HPE ProLiant DL380p Gen8 range, an intelligent array module with better cooling, a temperature-controlled mechanism, and improved performance. When buying from ALLHDD you get free ground shipping to 48 states, and you can claim a 2.5% discount on the checkout as well.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 670856-S01 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Server - ProLiant DL380P
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.