Overlay Networking Support
Overlay networking support refers to the ability of a network adapter or other network component to support the creation of virtual network overlays on top of an existing physical network infrastructure. This allows for more flexible and scalable network designs that can be tailored to the specific needs of an organization.
Overlay networks typically use encapsulation techniques to create a virtual layer of network abstraction on top of the physical network infrastructure. This allows virtual machines or containers running on different physical hosts to communicate with each other as if they were on the same logical network segment, even if they are physically separated by different network switches or routers.
The HPE 867705-001 Ethernet 10GB 2-Ports 521t Adapter supports overlay networking through several key technologies, including:
- Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN): VXLAN is an encapsulation protocol that allows for the creation of virtual overlay networks that span multiple physical network segments. VXLAN can support up to 16 million unique network segments, allowing for highly scalable network designs.
- Network Virtualization using Generic Routing Encapsulation (NVGRE): NVGRE is another encapsulation protocol that provides virtual overlay networking support. It is similar to VXLAN in its functionality, but uses a different encapsulation format.
- Stateless offload: The HPE 867705-001 adapter also supports stateless offload, which can help to improve the performance and scalability of overlay network designs by offloading some of the network processing tasks from the CPU to the adapter itself.
Environmental requirements refer to the conditions necessary to ensure the proper functioning and longevity of a piece of hardware or equipment. These requirements are often specified by the manufacturer and may include factors such as temperature, humidity, power supply, and physical space.
For the HPE 867705-001 Ethernet 10GB 2-Ports 521t Adapter, the environmental requirements may include the following:
- Temperature: The adapter may have a specified operating temperature range, such as 0°C to 55°C. Operating the adapter outside of this temperature range could lead to performance issues or hardware failure.
- Humidity: The adapter may also have a specified humidity range, such as 10% to 90% non-condensing. High levels of humidity can cause corrosion and damage to the internal components of the adapter.
- Power supply: The adapter may have specific power supply requirements, such as a particular voltage or wattage. Failing to meet these requirements could damage the adapter or cause it to malfunction.
- Physical space: The adapter may require a certain amount of physical space in the server or other device where it is installed. The installation instructions may specify minimum clearances or other spatial requirements to ensure proper airflow and cooling.
Meeting these environmental requirements can help ensure that the HPE 867705-001 Ethernet 10GB 2-Ports 521t Adapter operates correctly and has a long lifespan. It is important to carefully review the installation instructions and consult with the manufacturer if there are any questions or concerns about meeting the environmental requirements.
Data Transfer Rates
Data transfer rates refer to the speed at which data can be transmitted between devices over a network. This is typically measured in bits per second (bps) or bytes per second (Bps). Higher data transfer rates mean that more data can be transmitted in a given amount of time, resulting in faster overall network performance.
The data transfer rate for a given network connection can depend on several factors, including the type of network interface card (NIC) being used, the network infrastructure, and any limitations imposed by the operating system or software being used.
For example, the HPE 867705-001 Ethernet 10GB 2-Ports 521t Adapter supports 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10 GbE) connectivity, which provides a maximum data transfer rate of 10 billion bits per second (10 Gbps). This is significantly faster than older Ethernet standards such as 10/100 Mbps or even 1 Gigabit Ethernet (1 GbE).
It is worth noting, however, that the actual data transfer rate achieved in practice may be lower than the maximum theoretical rate due to factors such as network congestion, latency, and packet loss. Additionally, the data transfer rate can vary depending on the type of data being transmitted, with large files or multimedia content typically requiring more bandwidth than simple text-based data.
General Information about this HPE 867705-001
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Part Number or SKU# 867705-001
- Type: Networking
- Device Type: Ethernet Adapter
- Number of Ports: 2 Ports
- Form Factor: Plug-in Card
- Interface (bus) Type: Pci Express 3.0 X8
- Ports: 10GB Ethernet X 2
- Data Link Protocol: 10 Gige
- Data Transfer Rate: 10 Gbps
- Processor: Ql41401 - Cavium
- Features : Vlan Support, Wake On Lan (wol), Ipv6 Support, Jumbo Frames Support, Pxe Support, Single Root I/o Virtualization (sr-iov), Precision Time Protocol (ptp), Rdma Over Converged Ethernet (roce), Virtual Extensible Lan (vxlan), Rdma Over Converged Ethernet (roce) V2, Receive Side Coalescing (rsc), Hpe Sea Of Sensors 3d, Mware Netqueue And Microsoft Virtual Machine Queue (vmq), Iscsi Extensions Over Rdma (iser)
- Ieee 802.1q, Ieee 802.1p, Ieee 802.1as, Ieee 802.3az, Ieee 802.1qbb, Ieee 802.1qaz, Ieee 802.3by
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 867705-001 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.