Connectivity and Compatibility
The HPE 872396-006 is a 3.84TB SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) solid-state drive (SSD) with a 12Gbps data transfer rate. The drive is designed for hot-swap connectivity, which means it can be easily removed and replaced while the system is still powered on.
The SAS interface makes the HPE 872396-006 compatible with a wide range of servers and storage systems that support the SAS interface. This compatibility makes the drive a suitable solution for organizations that require large storage capacities and high-speed data transfer rates. The hot-swap capability also adds to the convenience and ease of use of the drive, as it can be replaced without the need to shut down the system.
Data Encryption & Security
The HPE 872396-006 SAS 12GBPS 3.84TB Hot-Swap Solid State Drive supports hardware-based data encryption, which helps protect data at rest on the drive. This provides a secure way to store sensitive data, as the encryption process is done automatically and transparently to the user.
It is important to properly manage encryption keys and to follow best practices for securing sensitive data. This may include using encryption key management systems, implementing secure boot processes, and implementing security policies to control access to the encrypted data.
The hot-swap design of the HPE 872396-006 SAS 12GBPS 3.84TB SSD provides the ability to easily remove and replace the drive without shutting down the system, making it a convenient and flexible solution for securely storing sensitive data.
Durability and Reliability
HPE 872396-006 is a 3.84TB hot-swap SAS solid state drive (SSD) with a data transfer rate of 12GBps.
Solid state drives (SSDs) are generally considered to be more durable and reliable than traditional hard disk drives (HDDs) due to their lack of moving parts and improved resistance to physical shock and vibration. The hot-swap feature of the 872396-006 allows for easy replacement of the drive without disrupting the operation of the system, further improving the reliability and uptime of the storage solution.
To maximize durability and reliability, it is recommended to use the 872396-006 within the specifications and operating conditions defined by HPE, and to follow best practices for storage and data management, such as using RAID configurations, regular backups, and monitoring the health and performance of the drive. Additionally, using a surge protector and uninterruptible power supply (UPS) can help protect against power surges and data loss in the event of a power failure.
General Information of HPE 872396-006 Solid State Drive
- HPE 872396-006 3.84TB 2.5In SAS-12GBPS Read Intensive G9 G10
- Manufacturer : HPE
- Model Part Number or SKU# 872396-006
- Device Type: Solid State Drive - Hot-Swap
- Capacity: 3.84 TB
- Workload Type: Read Intensive
- Interface Type: SAS 12GBPS
- Form Factor: 2.5 Inch SFF
- Plug Type: Hot Plug
- Carrier Type: Smart Carrier
- NAND Flash Memory Type: Multi-Level Cell (MLC)
- Features: Digitally Signed Firmware
- Bundled with: HPE SmartDrive Carrier
Performance of SAS-12GBPS
- Lifetime Writes: 7008
- Endurance DWPD (Drive Writes Per Day): 1
- Drive Transfer Rate: 1.2 GBPS (External)
- MAX Seq. Reads Throughput (MiB/s): 1070
- MAX Seq. Writes Throughput (MiB/s): 1025
- Random Read Average Latency uSec (4KiB,Q1): 120
- Random Write Average Latency uSec (4KiB,Q1): 50
- Random Read IOPS (4KiB, Q=16): 125000
- Random Write IOPS (4KiB, Q=16): 34000
- MAX Random Read IOPS (4KiB): 185000@Q32
- MAX Random Write IOPS (4KiB): 34000@Q4
- 4KiB Random 70% Read / 30% Write, Queue 32 Performance (IOPS) VI-1: 75000
- 4KiB Random 50% Read / 50% Write, Queue 32 Performance (IOPS) VI-2: 60000
Product Dimensions & Weight of Read Intensive SSD
- Height : 0.63 Inch
- Width : 3.10 Inch
- Depth : 5.45 Inch
- Weight : 1.50 Lbs
Expansion & Connectivity of 3.84TB
- Interfaces: 1 x SAS 12 GB/S
- Compatible Bay: 2.5" SFF
Compatibility Information of G9 G10 SSD
- HPE ProLiant DL Series: DL160 Gen9 (2.5 inch), DL160 Gen9 Base (2.5 inch), DL160 Gen9 Entry (2.5 inch), DL160 Gen9 Performance (2.5 inch), DL20 Gen9 Solution (2.5 inch), DL360 Gen10 (2.5 inch), DL360 Gen10 Base (2.5 inch), DL360 Gen10 Entry (2.5 inch), DL360 Gen10 High Performance (2.5 inch), DL360 Gen10 Low (2.5 inch), DL360 Gen10 Performance (2.5 inch), DL360 Gen10 Solution (2.5 inch), DL385 Gen10 Entry (2.5 inch), DL385 Gen10 Solution (2.5 inch), DL560 Gen10 (2.5 inch), DL560 Gen10 Base (2.5 inch), DL560 Gen10 Entry (2.5 inch), DL560 Gen10 Performance (2.5 inch), DL580 Gen9 (2.5 inch), DL580 Gen9 Base (2.5 inch), DL580 Gen9 Database (2.5 inch), DL580 Gen9 High Performance (2.5 inch), DL580 Gen9 SAP HANA Scale-up Base Configuration (2.5 inch) Servers
- HPE ProLiant ML Series: ML110 Gen9 (2.5 inch), ML110 Gen9 Base (2.5 inch), ML110 Gen9 Entry (2.5 inch) Servers
- HPE ProLiant XL Series: XL170r Gen9 (2.5 inch), XL450 Gen10 (2.5 inch) Servers
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
About New Bulk Pack Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 872396-006 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.