Product OverviewThe IBM Broadcom NetXtreme I Quad Port GbE Adapter for System X is a network interface card that can be used to expand the networking capabilities of a System X server. This adapter provides four Gigabit Ethernet ports that can be used to connect the server to a network or to other devices. In this article, we will explore the features of this adapter, its compatibility with different operating systems, and the benefits of using it in a System X server.
The IBM Broadcom NetXtreme I Quad Port GbE Adapter for System X is designed to provide high-speed connectivity to a network. It is based on the Broadcom BCM5719 chipset and supports a wide range of networking protocols, including TCP/IP, UDP/IP, iSCSI, and FCoE. The adapter supports jumbo frames, which allow for the transfer of larger packets of data, reducing the overhead associated with transferring smaller packets.
The adapter also supports advanced networking features such as VLAN tagging and teaming. VLAN tagging allows multiple virtual networks to be created on a single physical network, while teaming allows multiple adapters to be used together to provide redundancy and increased bandwidth.
The IBM Broadcom NetXtreme I Quad Port GbE Adapter for System X is compatible with a wide range of operating systems, including Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, and VMware ESXi. It is important to note that the adapter requires a PCIe slot and is not compatible with PCI or PCI-X slots.
The IBM Broadcom NetXtreme I Quad Port GbE Adapter for System X provides several benefits when used in a System X server. First and foremost, it provides increased bandwidth and network connectivity. With four Gigabit Ethernet ports, the adapter can handle more network traffic and provide faster data transfer speeds. This can be especially beneficial in environments with high network traffic, such as data centers or server rooms.
The adapter also provides redundancy and failover capabilities through teaming. By using multiple adapters together, network traffic can be load balanced between them, providing increased bandwidth and fault tolerance. In the event that one adapter fails, the others can continue to provide network connectivity, preventing downtime and data loss.
Finally, the adapter supports advanced networking features such as VLAN tagging, which can be used to segment a network into multiple virtual networks. This can be useful in environments where different departments or applications require their own network segments.
In Summary, the IBM Broadcom NetXtreme I Quad Port GbE Adapter for System X is a high-performance network adapter that provides increased bandwidth, redundancy, and advanced networking features. It is compatible with a wide range of operating systems and can be used in environments with high network traffic or where fault tolerance is required. If you are looking to expand the networking capabilities of your System X server, the IBM Broadcom NetXtreme I Quad Port GbE Adapter is a great choice.
General Information about the IBM 90Y9355
- Manufacturer : IBM
- Model Number or SKU# 90Y9355
- Device Type : Network Adapter - 4 Ports
- Form Factor : Plug-In Card
- Interface (Bus) Type : Pci Express 2.0 X4
- Connectivity Technology : Wired
- Cabling Type : Ethernet 10base-T, Ethernet 100base-Tx, Ethernet 1000base-T
- Data Link Protocol : Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, GIGABIT Ethernet
- Data Transfer Rate : 1 GBPS
- Status Indicators : Link Activity, Port Transmission Speed
- Features : Flow Control, Vlan Support, Jumbo Frames Support, Temperature Sensor, Teaming Support, Pxe Support, Energy Efficient Ethernet
- Compliant Standards : Ieee 802.3z, Ieee 802.1q, Ieee 802.3x, Ieee 802.1as, Ieee 802.3az
Expansion / Connectivity
- Interfaces : 4 X Network - Ethernet 10base-T/100base-Tx/1000base-T - Rj-45
- Compatible Slots : 1 X Pci Express 2.0 X4 - Low-Profile
A network adapter also called a network interface card is a plug-in card that serves to allow computers to both transmit and receive data on a local network. It is a component of a computer's internal hardware that facilitates communication over a network.
In a more current context, network adapters will refer to an Ethernet adapter where the Ethernet circuitry is built into motherboards of the latest desktops and laptop computers. Other times, a network adapter may also refer to a wireless (Wi-Fi) adapter.
In all instances, the adapter allows a computer to connect with another computer, a server, or other networking devices through a LAN connection. The use of a network adapter is not limited to wired connections as it is used for wireless networks. The adapters for wired networks come with an RJ-45 port that may use either the twisted or untwisted pair cables for network connectivity. For the wireless adapters, the network connection is facilitated through a built-in antenna or an externally connected antenna. Both the wired and wireless network adapters support the popular LAN protocols including TCP/IP. We have 1-port, 2-port, 4-port, 6-port, 8-port, and 16-port options that support speeds of 10, 25, 40, or even 100 Gigabits.
The plug-in network interface cards (NICs) are normally used in high-performance machines especially if a faster Ethernet standard is relatively new and available but is yet to become mainstream. In fact, the major difference between network adapters lies in the network protocol it supports.
We have the different types of network adapters necessary for building computer-to-computer networks that don't have a switch or hub. All the network adapters are fairly inexpensive and readily adaptable to different applications within a network. Some of the common types available are:
Network adapters common types
- Desktop Network Interface Card: This adapter is usually connected to a PCI or PCIe slot, whichever is available on the motherboard of your desktop computer. You will need to open your computer's case and it, therefore, presents the most difficult installation method. The PCIe slot is generally found in new computers.
- PC Card or PCMCIA Card: PCMCIA is the abbreviation for Personal Computer Memory Card International Association. The name has undergone changes over time to be referred to as a PC Card or ExpressCard. For dimensions, the PC card is almost similar in size to a credit card but is significantly thicker. The PC card is connected to a PC or PCMCIA card slot in your desktop computer or laptop computer.
- USB adapter: This network adapter is typically a small device, similar to a thumb drive, with a USB interface. Installation is easy and straightforward since it is plugged into the USB port of your desktop or laptop computer or other network devices that have a USB port.
- Wireless game adapters also referred to as media adapters, are connected to older game consoles and home entertainment devices so as to act as a bridge to Wi-Fi capability. They help expand functionality on these entertainment devices through connections to the internet.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 90Y9355 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Network Adapter
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.