Connectivity Options and Compatibility
The JG329A HP 1M X240 40G QSFP+ to 4X10G SFP+ 1M Direct Attach Copper Splitter Cable is a high-performance cable that provides connectivity options and compatibility for a variety of network devices. It is designed to connect a 40G QSFP+ port on a network switch or router to four 10G SFP+ ports on other devices such as servers, storage arrays, or other switches.
This cable uses direct attach copper technology, which allows for high-speed data transfer and low power consumption. The direct attach copper technology also eliminates the need for a separate transceiver module, making the cable more cost-effective and easy to install.
The JG329A cable is compatible with a wide range of devices that support the QSFP+ and SFP+ standards, including HP ProCurve, Cisco, Dell, and other leading brands. It is also compliant with industry standards such as IEEE 802.3ba and RoHS, making it suitable for use in various network environments.
In terms of connectivity options, the JG329A cable supports a wide range of data rates, including 40Gbps, 10Gbps, and 1Gbps. This allows for flexible networking configurations and scalability to meet the needs of different network environments.
Installation and Setup
- Unpack the JG329A HP 1M X240 40G QSFP+ to 4X10G SFP+ 1M Direct Attach Copper Splitter Cable and verify that all components are present and in good condition.
- Connect one end of the splitter cable to the 40G QSFP+ port on the X240 switch.
- Connect the other end of the splitter cable to the four 10G SFP+ ports on the devices or switches that will be connected to the X240 switch.
- Verify that the connections are secure and that the devices or switches are powered on.
- Check the X240 switch's interface status to ensure that the 40G QSFP+ port is up and that the four 10G SFP+ ports are also up.
- Test the connectivity between the X240 switch and the devices or switches connected to it using ping or other network testing tools.
- Configure the X240 switch and the connected devices or switches according to your network requirements.
- You are now ready to use the JG329A HP 1M X240 40G QSFP+ to 4X10G SFP+ 1M Direct Attach Copper Splitter Cable for high-speed data transfer.
Quality Assurance and Testing
Quality assurance and testing of the JG329A HP 1M X240 40G QSFP+ to 4X10G SFP+ 1M Direct Attach Copper Splitter Cable involves a series of steps to ensure that the cable meets the necessary specifications and standards.
- Material Inspection: The first step in quality assurance is to inspect the materials used in the construction of the cable. This includes checking for any defects or issues with the copper wire, connectors, and other components.
- Electrical Testing: The next step is to test the electrical performance of the cable. This includes measuring the cable's insertion loss, return loss, and attenuation to ensure that it meets the necessary specifications.
- Durability Testing: The cable must be tested for durability to ensure that it can withstand the rigors of everyday use. This includes testing for bend radius, tensile strength, and flexibility.
- Environmental Testing: The cable must be tested for environmental conditions such as temperature, humidity, and vibration to ensure that it can perform reliably in various environments.
- Compatibility Testing: The cable must be tested for compatibility with the devices it is intended to connect. This includes testing with different types of hardware and software to ensure that the cable functions correctly.
- Certification: The final step in quality assurance is to certify the cable. This includes obtaining necessary certifications such as UL, CE, and RoHS to ensure that the cable meets all necessary safety and environmental standards.
Product Information JG329A
- Manufacturer: HP
- MPN: JG329A
- Type: Cable
- Sub-Type: 1 Meter
- SKU: JG329A
- Data Rate: 4x10Gbps
- Connector A: QSFP+
- Connector B: 4 x SFP+
- Length: 1 Meter
- Wire: 30 AWG Copper
- Applications: 40GBASE-CR4, 10GBASE-CU
Cables - Direct Attach Cable
Direct Attach Cable, also known as the DAC cable, connects the equipment and peripherals in a data network. All the active networking equipment, including the data storage devices, switches, routers, servers, and more, will be connected and synched using the DAC cables. As far as the usage is concerned, these direct attached copper cables are getting fame in the data storage centers and the industry sector and server rooms: the reason being the cost-effective, efficient, and easier way to form the connection.
Direct Attach Copper Cables Are Terminated with Modules:
DAC cables are terminated from the manufacturer with the modules, which can easily connect the active peripheral equipment and secure an electrical connection. These modules are factory terminated and cannot be removed from the DAC cables afterward. Hence these wires possess a fixed length.
There are plenty of types and models available for the direct attach cables, including the direct, breakout, active and passive. As mentioned in the name, the direct cable can form a direct stable connection among the two peripherals, while breakout can connect one port with the four others. On the other hand, an active DAC cable will transmit signals to a little longer distance than the passive ones.
We, at ALLHDD, have got you all the range DAC cables for you to shop from! Choose from the following sub-categories: 0.5 Meter, 1 Meter, 16.4 Feet, 2 Meter, 4xC-13 Attached, 5 Meters, SFP+, 0.65 Meter, 10 Feet, 10 Meters, and 3 Meter.
DAC cables can follow longer paths:
Many of you might be wondering if the direct attach cable can transmit the data up to 10 meters or more! Yes, these cables can transfer the data to a more extended range depending on the data rate. The data rate is inversely proportional to the transmit range- the more the data rate, the less will be the range!
Direct Attach Data Cables are cost-effective!
DAC cables are more cost-effective as compared to the other ones. Using the two optical transceivers and fiber cable will not generate similar results as these DAC cables would!
Not only are these cost-effective and can cover long range but are reliable as well! As already mentioned, the DAC cables are factory terminated with a module that plugs into the networking equipment and generates a physical connection. Apart from the secure connection, the 26 to 28 AWG Copper material makes them rugged. Therefore, surviving through the damage and cracks, DAC cables are a way to connect peripherals swiftly. You can choose from the following options 7 Meter, ProCurve, 0.65M, 1.2 Meter, 20 Meter and 30 Meter and also claim a 2.5% discount!
Why buy from ALLHDD?
ALLHDD has been serving its users for many years now! Fulfilling the needs of tech-savvies, we have got immense variety in each category. The same is true for the Direct Attach Copper Cables (DAC), which need to connect the networking peripherals.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product JG329A at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.