Performance Benchmarks and Speed
The Netlist NS1951AH13T8-5M1A000 N1951 3.84TB PCI-E 3.0 x8 NVMe HHHL AIC 1 DWPED Datacenter SSD offers high performance and speed for data center applications. Here are some of its performance benchmarks and speed specifications:
- Sequential read/write speeds: The NS1951AH13T8-5M1A000 offers sequential read speeds of up to 6.8GB/s and sequential write speeds of up to 4.4GB/s. These speeds make it ideal for applications that require fast data access, such as big data analytics and high-performance computing.
- Random read/write speeds: The NS1951AH13T8-5M1A000 offers random read speeds of up to 1.3 million IOPS and random write speeds of up to 1.1 million IOPS. These speeds make it ideal for applications that require high IOPS, such as databases and virtualization.
- Low latency: The NS1951AH13T8-5M1A000 offers low latency of less than 100 microseconds, which means data can be accessed and processed quickly.
- Advanced NVMe features: The NS1951AH13T8-5M1A000 supports advanced NVMe features, such as NVMe-MI and NVMe-MR, which enable remote management and monitoring of the drive.
Endurance and Reliability
The Netlist NS1951AH13T8-5M1A000 N1951 3.84TB PCI-E 3.0 x8 NVMe HHHL AIC 1 DWPED Datacenter SSD is designed for high endurance and reliability in data center environments. It has the following endurance and reliability features:
- Endurance: The NS1951AH13T8-5M1A000 is rated for 1 drive write per day (DWPD) for five years, which means it can write 3.84TB of data per day for five years without any failure. This high level of endurance is ideal for write-intensive workloads, such as databases and virtualization.
- Reliability: The NS1951AH13T8-5M1A000 uses advanced error correction and detection technologies, such as LDPC and BCH, to ensure data integrity and reliability. It also supports power-loss protection, which safeguards data in the event of a sudden power loss.
- End-to-end data protection: The NS1951AH13T8-5M1A000 uses advanced error correction and detection technologies to ensure data integrity and reliability from the host to the drive and back.
- Thermal protection: The NS1951AH13T8-5M1A000 has thermal protection features that prevent the drive from overheating, which can cause data loss or corruption. The drive can adjust its power consumption and temperature to maintain optimal operating conditions.
Compatibility and System Requirements
The Netlist NS1951AH13T8-5M1A000 N1951 3.84TB PCI-E 3.0 x8 NVMe HHHL AIC 1 DWPED Datacenter SSD is designed for use in data center environments and is compatible with a wide range of server platforms. Here are the compatibility and system requirements for this SSD:
- Interface: The NS1951AH13T8-5M1A000 uses a PCI-E 3.0 x8 interface and supports NVMe protocol.
- Form factor: The NS1951AH13T8-5M1A000 comes in a HHHL (Half-Height, Half-Length) form factor and requires an available PCIe slot in the server.
- Operating system: The NS1951AH13T8-5M1A000 is compatible with various operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and VMware ESXi.
- Server platform: The NS1951AH13T8-5M1A000 is compatible with a wide range of server platforms from major vendors such as Dell, HPE, Lenovo, and Supermicro.
- Power consumption: The NS1951AH13T8-5M1A000 requires a power supply of up to 25 watts and can operate at a temperature range of 0°C to 70°C.
- Manufacturer: Netlist
- Model Number or SKU# NS1951AH13T8-5M1A000
- Product Type: Solid State Drive
- Capacity: 3.84 TB
- Form Factor : Hhhl Aic
- Interface : Pcie 3.0 X 8
- Uber / MTBF: 1 Sector Per 1017 Read / 2.1 Million Hours
- Nand Flash Memory: 3D ETLC Nand
- Basic Feature Support: Power Loss Protection, Hot Pluggable
- Advanced Feature Support: Trim, Aes 256 Data Encryption, Fast Reboot, Crypto Erase, Dual Port
- Spec Compliance: PCI-Express Gen3 Rev 3.0, Nvme Express Spec Rev. 1.2, Enterprise SSD Form Factor Version 1.0a
- Sequential Read (128KB): Up To 6.0 GBPS
- Sequential Write (128KB): Up To 3.8 GBPS
- Sustained Random Read (4KB): Up To 1000K IOPS
Advantages & Benefits
- Nvm Express V1.2 Compliant
- High Transfer Speeds Up To 6gb/s And Read Iops Up To 1m
- Nvm Express Compliant Form Factor U.2 2.5in & Aic
- Aes256 Encryption To Ensure Data Integrity
- Thermal Management Temperature Setting
- Trim Performance Up To 8tb/s Ensures Faster Writing Speed When New Data Is Stored
- Virtualization That Relies On Multi Namespaces To Divide The Capacity Of The Ssd
- Dual Port Pcie Capability
Applications Best Suited
- Database Management
- Cloud And Hyper-scale Computing
- High Performance Computing
- Deep Learning And Big Data Analytics
Product Dimensions & Weight
- Height: 0.63 Inch
- Width: 3.10 Inch
- Depth: 5.45 Inch
- Weight: 1.50 Lbs
The PCI-e solid-state drives are high-speed expansion cards that facilitate the attachment of peripherals to a computer. Peripheral Component Interconnect Express (PCI-e) is a serial expansion bus standard. There are different sizes of PCI-e slots which are dictated by the total sum of bidirectional lanes at the slot. The PCI-e standard acts as the data transport layer in add-in cards and graphics cards.
PCI-e SSD storage is just another alternative to server-side flash deployment. Using PCI-e SSDs directly introduces flash on the server motherboard which means that a device connects to the host via a non-shared serial link. It will, therefore, eliminate bus sharing between devices. The PCI-e interface helps reduce latency and enhances the data transfer speed.
Features of PCI-e SSD Cards
Generally, PCI-e SSD card has a far better performance compared to SATA SSDs and SAS SSDs as well as the fibre channel solid-state drives. Some of the most notable versions of the PCI-e standard are the PCI-e 3.0 released back in November of 2010 and PCI-e 4.0 released back in 2017. PCI-e 4.0 offers a two-fold increase in bandwidth compared to the PCI-e 3.0 revision. The PCI-e 5.0 was released in 2019 with even greater bandwidth to support faster and more efficient performance.
Other standards released by the PCI-SIG are the NVMe (non-volatile memory express). NVMe delivers a highly optimized set of commands for easier accessing of PCI-e SSDs. NVMe is all about exploiting parallelism in PCI-e to enhance performance.
Yet another interface is the M.2 SSDs which is a smaller form factor that is designed for expansion cards that are mounted internally in high-performance workstations and servers. It's a replacement to the mSATA and carries four lanes of bandwidth of the PCI-e 3.0 standard.
We have the following wide range of storage capacities for the PCI-e SSDs to meet all your needs. The capacity options we have here at AllHDD are: 512GB, 750GB, 785GB, 800GB, 960GB, 1.6TB, 1.75TB, 1.79TB, 1.92TB, 2TB, 2.6TB, 3TB, 3.2TB, 3.5TB, 3.84TB, 4TB, 6.4TB, 7.68TB, 8TB, 12.8TB, and 15.36TB.
Overall, the lower latency allows PCI-e and NVMe SSDs to provide fast response times in processing and handling large workloads such as those associated with data warehousing and transaction processing. One of the best applications of PCI-e flash is in data centers where read and write access is in microseconds and is able to meet input/output (I/O) requirements. PCI-e SSDs help in surpassing the bottlenecks that are linked with the use of SAS and SATA SSDs especially in guaranteeing performance in frequent file transfer scenarios. The total sum of PCI-e lanes in an SSD determines the effective data transfer speeds. For example, a 16-lane PCI-e 3.0 device will easily achieve 32 Gbps transfer speeds.
Some of the drawbacks associated with the PCI-e SSDs are the prohibitive costs and high power consumption that leads to shorter battery life.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.